Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure Owes Cuteness To 5-Year-Old Designer

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure Owes Cuteness To 5-Year-Old Designer

I hope you're sitting down, because you are about to see the most adorable game since Nintendo canceled Luigi's Kitten Basket.

Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure is a Flash-based adventure game, that unlike the vast majority of similar titles was conceived and designed by a 5-year-old girl named Cassie. The creation of the game's more technical aspects were farmed out to 33-year-old Ryan of Flash developer Untold Entertainment Inc. using the company's Untold Graphical Adventure Game System.

As a result, the title's key concepts involve crayon illustrations, sparse animations, and 100 percent of your daily recommended allotment of pure, military-grade cute.

The existence of this game however, raises two important questions.

First, what exactly is a "ponycorn?" If Cassie's fully-voiced narration is to be believed (and it almost definitely is), a ponycorn is "the best thing in the world 'cuz they're like ponies and unicorns." It should also be noted that Cassie "friggin' LOVES ponycorns."

That query answered, we can address our second question: How is it that a 5-year-old is able to design an adventure game? Assistance from her 33-year-old aide aside, I think it's apparent that this game was created entirely by virtue of Cassie's overwhelming cuteness.

If, at some point, you can stop squealing with delight long enough to operate a web browser, Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure can be found on the Untold Entertainment website [http://www.untoldentertainment.com/games/sissy/]. The game controls similarly to a classic Sierra PC adventure, except that all the instances of unavoidable death and game-breaking bugs have been replaced with extra helpings of childhood whimsy and intense cutesypoo.

Source: @meghanventure [http://www.untoldentertainment.com/]

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
....The hell did I just play? I....what? I can't adequately describe what I just experienced.
EDIT: What does she have against lemons? Racist.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Good god. It's like they blended LittleBigPlanet with My Little Pony and Adventure Time.

Then they took the resulting brew, and left it to freeze, taking out the concentrated core of adorable. And then did it again!

This is the Applejack of cute media.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
lol, that was almost sickeningly cute, but still amusing.
That game has an... *puts on glasses* ...untold amount of entertainment.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Owes "Cutness"? Is that a typo or a pun on account of the paper-cutout style?

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
...I have no idea what the hell I just played, but I can say it did warm my ice-cold onyx baseball of a heart by a fair amount.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Further proof that when adults and children collaborate on something awesome happens.

Observe.

[img/]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_z0pJlsi693Y/TUIB-7NvfqI/AAAAAAAAACo/KN0zbTPlc3Y/s1600/Axe-Cop-Cover.jpg[/img]

http://axecop.com/

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
All donations go toward Cassie's education fund.
Donations to Date: $446.00 (thanks!)
Cassie can purchase: A $500 second-year course on economics. At first, she'll be
denied entry, but then she'll produce a $54-off coupon.
That was amusing enough that I kind of want to donate now.

I don't find the game cute, though. Although, I would assume that's because I have no soul.

...Kind of shameful that a five year old made/got a game, and I can't even make a crappy sprite-based one.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Damn you Evil Lemon!!!

Not sure if Lady Fuzzwuzzle or Poo-Pants is my favorite ponycorn.

What's your favorite?
Bisholshushan-sholvalnuh was obviously the superior Ponycorn.

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
O.

M.

F.

G.

I don't know which is worse: the fact that I completed this game, or that I'm admitting it i n public.

The End.

Kiltguy

Lurker extraordinaré
Jan 23, 2011
That was a really nice, and cute game, the cutest I ever played anyway.

Thanks!