Sixth Humble Indie Bundle Packs Torchlight

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Sixth Humble Indie Bundle Packs Torchlight

The unstoppable pay-what-you-can game bundle collects platformers, physics puzzlers, and even the original Torchlight.

The Humble Indie Bundle has become a fixture of the gaming world, providing limited time pay-what-you-can bundles to gamers everywhere and distributing the proceeds between developers, charities, and the website itself. After the Humble Bundle's last outing, which was arguably the biggest and most successful bundle yet, it was difficult to imagine how the service would be able to top its previous iterations. Rising to the challenge, the team is putting its best foot forward with the new Humble Indie Bundle 6, a five-game pack that in its first day managed to raise over half a million dollars, and shows no signs of slowing.

The Humble Indie Bundle 6 includes sci-fi action platformer Rochard, physics-based brick breaker Shatter, space combat simulator Space Pirates and Zombies, the RPG dungeon crawler Torchlight, and the steampunk puzzler Vessel, while anyone paying above the current average will also be treated to the acrobatic janitor platformer Dustforce. As always, the bundle includes game soundtracks, cross-platform support on Mac and Linux systems, and Steam keys with a minimum $1 purchase.

After the many amazing collections put forward in previous Humble Bundle, I was worried gamers might start suffering from Humble Fatigue, but the 120,000+ bundles purchased so far disagree with me. Torchlight alone is an excellent addition to the pack <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119648-Get-the-Torchlight-2-Soundtrack-for-Free>with the sequel so close to release, and the remaining titles have dedicated followings of their own. With a regular value of $86, this set is primed to solidify the position of Humble Bundles in our hearts, minds, and wallets.

Source: <a href=http://www.humblebundle.com>Humble Indie Bundle

felbot

May 11, 2011
too bad i own the ones in that pack that i want, the others im not to intereted in, none the less i shall contribute some to charity.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I'm going to wait on this one, I'd love to try Torchlight, but apart from that Rochard is the only one that sounded like my sort of thing from the reviews.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
last year I got it for Psyconaughts and it turned out out I found it boring, but I loved Bastion. I will buy this.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
As always, I picked this bundle up as soon as I heard of it, and so far it hasn't disappointed me. Granted, so far all I've played is Dustforce (which is brilliant, well worth paying over the pitifully small average) and Torchlight (which is a fantastic dungeon crawler and terribly addictive). Again, a great bundle.

BrotherRool said:
I'm going to wait on this one, I'd love to try Torchlight, but apart from that Rochard is the only one that sounded like my sort of thing from the reviews.
I really don't mean to sound like an arse when I say this, but I don't really get the idea of waiting on it. I mean, you want to try two games that are both in the basic bundle, and it's a pay-what-you-want deal - you could literally pay a single cent and get both those games. Where or when else are you going to get that? Waiting doesn't really seem to benefit. I mean, if it turns out afterwards that you enjoyed all of these games you can always donate more money to the bundle.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
EscapeGoat said:
As always, I picked this bundle up as soon as I heard of it, and so far it hasn't disappointed me. Granted, so far all I've played is Dustforce (which is brilliant, well worth paying over the pitifully small average) and Torchlight (which is a fantastic dungeon crawler and terribly addictive). Again, a great bundle.

BrotherRool said:
I really don't mean to sound like an arse when I say this, but I don't really get the idea of waiting on it. I mean, you want to try two games that are both in the basic bundle, and it's a pay-what-you-want deal - you could literally pay a single cent and get both those games. Where or when else are you going to get that? Waiting doesn't really seem to benefit. I mean, if it turns out afterwards that you enjoyed all of these games you can always donate more money to the bundle.
You're not, it's a good point actually. I was intending to wait, because I don't like not giving them a decent amount of money and they normally release more games that might persuade me to make a proper purchase. But if I pay a pound and use Steam to download it then I'm not costing them anything and there's still the chance to pay more and they're a pound richer than otherwise.

Well you've successfully persuaded me to change my purchasing habit and in a small way improved my life and caused someone else to get a pound that they might not have got. Really not very arselike at all =D Thanks

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
felbot said:
too bad i own the ones in that pack that i want, the others im not to intereted in, none the less i shall contribute some to charity.
Why not just donate to Child's Play and the EFF if that's the case?

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
There were only ever 2 good Humble Bundles. The one in June with Psychonauts and others, and the one last X-Mas. Every other one, including this one has been mediocre or for mobile phones.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Great value. Gave it to my bro, he's now tearing up torchlight.

I always end up buying the HIB :S

I always have someone who can use the games. If not myself.

Matt K

Sep 18, 2010
Picked it up. I was going to get Rochard on the Steam sale but forgot so I figured ~$1.5 more I'd pick it up and get at least 2 more interesting games (already own Torchlight but DRM free is a nice bonus).

felbot

May 11, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
felbot said:
Why not just donate to Child's Play and the EFF if that's the case?
because i still get some games, they could still be good.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Well, I did buy the bundle for the other games therein. I actually already own Torchlight. Eagerly waiting for part deux, though.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
felbot said:
because i still get some games, they could still be good.
Yeah, that's fair enough.

I only actually wanted ONE of the games, but I bought it through them to get access to the others because I might like them.

Chadling

Oct 8, 2008
....and here I was doing so good on not buying new computer games before I finished with the ones I already have sitting in my backlog.

Sorry, but I guess you'll have to wait a little longer, Psychonauts, Lone Survivor, Amnesia, Red Read Redemption, Lost Odyssey, Super Meat Boy, Saints Row...... *list continues*

xptn40S

Jan 11, 2011
I picked this bundle up right away as soon as I saw it, and then I bought it even faster when I saw the average price for it ($5.75 at the time of writing this post).

Oh, I do love cheaply priced games, and soundtracks too I guess, though I don't know if I'll even try playing half of these games, let alone any of them, but I could try some of them out on a really dull day.

dakkster

Aug 22, 2011
I bought a whole pile of games on the Summer Steam Sale, but I stayed away from Torchlight because I had a feeling it would show up in a coming bundle. Sure enough. It'll be interesting to see what games they add as bonuses. Considering how many I picked up this summer I'll probably already own them, but it'll be gravy so who can complain?

Also, anyone saying that the earlier Humble Indie Bundles were mediocre is smoking something really powerful because that's just BS.

The first one had World of Goo, which alone is worth the bundle, but it also had Penumbra Overture and Aquaria that were fantastic IMO.

The second had crazy value. Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans. All of those are excellent games!

The third added the entire second bundle as a bonus, but also had VVVVVV, Atom Zombie Smasher, Steel Storm as highlights.

Number four gave us Bit Trip Runner, Shank, Super Meat Boy, Cave Story+ and Gratuitous Space Battles and more. If you think that's mediocre you should be labeled clinically insane.

Then at five we got the best one yet IMO. Bastion, Psychonauts, Limbo, Amnesia, Superbrothers Sword & Sorcery, Braid (again) and Lone Survivor. Every single game of that bundle was a full value game that should be a 9/10 for most people.

So yes, the last one was fantastic, but to say that the first four were mediocre you are just a troll.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Looks like I picked the wrong week to become stupid and overdraw my bank account. I really want Rochard, but I literally cannot afford to spend a penny on this, let alone the full dollar needed for Steam keys.

P.S. Thanks