Skinny bad, fat is good lol

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
You really shouldn't bother responding to the thread. The OP's posted several other ill-informed almost unreadable rants about "Controversial" issues before, which are always inflammatory, and never responds, and rarely makes anything apart from these OPs.

Although, considering he doesn't respond to any replies, I don't know that not replying would stop him.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
rollerfox88 said:
thaluikhain said:
Daystar Clarion said:
You know, after reading that, I get the feeling that something has been overlooked.

I can't quite put my finger on it.

If only there was weight between 'pencil thin' and 'chunky monkey', that everyone should strive for...

¬_¬
Or perhaps, if people weren't obliged to fit into someone else's ideas of what their body should be.
This is what I dont understand - its not someone elses idea of what a body should be, its the bracket of weight to height ratio that corresponds to the lowest incidence of health problems. Being too skinny harms your health, as does too big, and so ideally everyone would be inbetween, right?
Well, firstly, there's a difference between pop cultures idea of a good weight and a medically healthy weight. People tend to go overboard associating health issues with people not significantly larger than the recommended size.

Secondly, by that logic, society would condemn people who smoke, drink, play violent sports don't have regular check-ups for X, don't prepare an emergency plan or have a bug out bag handy.

Some of those are condemned, but not to the extent people being larger than the beauty ideal are.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
rollerfox88 said:
But they are! I dont understaaaaaaaaaand :( People do judge others for smoking, drinking and generally not taking care of themselves, why should a persons weight be considered off limits because its also tied to a beauty standard?
They are judged, but not anywhere near to the extent fat people are. Possible exception of smokers in some areas, though.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I dont know about anyone but as a women I'm pretty damn happy I'm naturally thin.....

derelict

Oct 25, 2009
Skinny is bad, and fat is bad. It's not hard to stay in shape, its just most people lack that care for themselves to do it. They'd rather be lazy and think nobody likes them anyway. It's a poor frame of mind. Well, my experience with people around here at least.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
You know, after reading that, I get the feeling that something has been overlooked.

I can't quite put my finger on it.

If only there was weight between 'pencil thin' and 'chunky monkey', that everyone should strive for...

¬_¬
Don't be silly, there's only skinny and extremely obese. Since there's no middle ground clearly being obese is the only healthy option. Let's all strive for obesity!

Honestly, I don't think I know a single person who find ribs and loss of period attractive.

Robby Foxfur

Sep 1, 2009
i'll toss my 2 cents into this one. Being that i strive for an idea body type/shape. Personally i feel you should shoot for a look you want and screw the rest the problem i see most in myself is what seems like an over whelming task to get to that shape, where as others can attain it with out much effort or the lucky few, with out any effort at all.

That statement sounds complicated as i read it. But i want to look one way and see what i will probably have to do in order to get to said shape, which is right around 20% to 15% stated from the previous page. Coming from my current type of 25% you'd think it would be easy. However, the amount of time that needs put in vs the amount of time i have to put in aren't equal.

For the problem of media, they are showing people what they think other people believe is the "best" look. And when you hear people talk about movie stars and models normally you hear things, like "oh he looks great" "she's hot". there is a mix of other comments too but from this pool of random quotes, most of them probably coming from the "average american/(insert country here)" the media counts it as popular belief.

My final thoughts on this matter if you like the way you look other people will too, why? because you have confidence.
If you don't like the way you look, people may still like how you look but it won't mean anything compared to your own thoughts.

This was a lot more than 2 cents look like about 68 cents. so yeah 66 cents extra for you guys :D