Skylanders: Swap Force Toys Defeat Magnets with Science

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Skylanders: Swap Force Toys Defeat Magnets with Science

Magnets are magic, and the Skylanders team had to defeat them for Swap Force.

Read Full Article

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
I dont understand the sciency science of magnets at all to fully understand that, but I do understand that magnets are fuckin weird and they make it so that a keycard wont work if you put one over it, so that's impressive.

Also, holy fuck thats cool that they care enough to create new animations for all the old characters. They could have easily just screwed people out of the money they spent before and forced them to upgrade, instead they spent time and money to make it so that if you wanted to you could just stick with your current set (but where's the fun in that?). Whether you like Skylanders or not, you have to give them credit for that.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Nice little ICP reference at the end Greg. I don't blame you for not being able to resist using it.

Game looks neat. I'm sure my nephews and nieces would love it.

saregos

the undying
Jul 7, 2009
...Because apparently nobody remembers how to use those old U-shaped magnets that form a complete loop when two are connected, thereby constraining nearly all of the magnetic field inside the magnets themselves?

I get the feeling that whatever "patent" Activision puts out is going to be immensely silly and/or overcomplicated.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Interesting for sure. ON a side note if you have a child, especially a boy, between the ages of 6-12 and don't know what Skylanders are... then I think you're not paying attention to your kids. My nephews and foster son are goddamn obsessed with these things. MY PS3 has pretty much become for skylanders use only.

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Imp Emissary said:
Nice little ICP reference at the end Greg. I don't blame you for not being able to resist using it.

That song is what put them from "Most annoying band in the world" to "I will physically assault anyone playing their music in my vicinity." Insane Clown Posse aren't just untalented and ridiculous, but their hypocrisy and use of Christianity as an excuse for their actions is sickening.

OT: My little brother loves Skylanders, so I'm sure he'll like this.
Um......Okay. :/ I don't really know that much about them really. Just that they wear clown makeup, and make bad music.

What did they do that was bad, and say "It's okay. We're christaian."?

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Imp Emissary said:
Imp Emissary said:

That song is what put them from "Most annoying band in the world" to "I will physically assault anyone playing their music in my vicinity." Insane Clown Posse aren't just untalented and ridiculous, but their hypocrisy and use of Christianity as an excuse for their actions is sickening.

Um......Okay. :/ I don't really know that much about them really. Just that they wear clown makeup, and make bad music.

Their lyrics are violently homophobic, and they defended it by saying "gay are an abomination in the Christian faith. We are being true followers of Christ by exposing them for what they are."
Ah. So, to keep track of the list,

1. Wear clown makeup.
2. Make bad songs.
3. Don't know how magnets work.
And 4. Are homophobic A-holes.

Well, a reference to them is even more inappropriate in an article about a kids game than I thought.

Good to know that. Thank you.

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Imp Emissary said:
Imp Emissary said:
Imp Emissary said:

Their lyrics are violently homophobic, and they defended it by saying "gay are an abomination in the Christian faith. We are being true followers of Christ by exposing them for what they are."
Ah. So, to keep track of the list,

1. Wear clown makeup.
2. Make bad songs.
3. Don't know how magnets work.
And 4. Are homophobic A-holes.

Well, a reference to them is even more inappropriate in an article about a kids game than I thought.

Good to know that. Thank you.
Eminem and other rappers also have very homophobic lyrics, but no one else defends it by saying they are devoted Christians. That's why they are a special exception in my book.
And unlike Eminem, I doubt they'll be singing a duet Elton John anytime soon.
Odd they are using a religion who's most prominent figure preached loving everyone to defend them preaching hate.

Then again, I was just at a wedding where the priest tried to say Jesus was against gay marriage.