Skyrim 1.4 Patch and Creation Kit Are Coming Soon

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Ldude893 said:
The day the kit comes out, some mad legion of bronies whose numbers rival the biggest in house development teams at EA and Activision will start creating a detailed replica of Equestria complete with every location in the show, every character in the show, and full voice acting .
And it will be awesome.
Fixt. It's not even a question of if that will happen but when.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
What about the bug that prevented people from progressing past the quest "Diplomatic Immunity" in the main questline if they are a member of the Thieve's Guild? Fail.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Finally the Creation Kit, Warhammer 40k weapons and armour please!

Modders: Breaking the lore in the most hilarious ways possible.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
It's not as much of a mess as it was on launch day but in the finest tradition of Bethesda open-world RPGs, after three major updates it's still riddled with bugs.
Wrong. The game was almost bug-free on release day. I started having weird bugs and numerous freezes only after the first patch (or second if you count the day one patch).

But if it works as advertised, good. I'll be able to start playing the game again.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Some of these fixes are weird, like this one

"In "The White Phial", the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it"

Who leaves the dungeon without taking the quest item when they get up to it?

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I hope that PS3 lag problem gets solved this time. Dragons and Mages have become way more a pain in the dick since I've started slowing down.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Awww, they didn't fix the bug where bounties turned in to Skald don't update in the journal *pout*

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Andy Chalk said:
Whether you love it or hate it, there's one thing about Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Xbox-360/dp/B004HYK956/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327023916&sr=8-1] we can all agree on: it's a mess.
It's a mess? I didn't notice. I played through the main quest and one other mayor quest line for a total of 80 hours without any mayor issues or crashes. It's definitively alot less messier than any previous Bethesda game I've played.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Hmmm... no alterations to weapons and armor... I wonder if this was a real problem or if this guy was talking out his ass.

1- Description and Rant
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(See also the Reddit thread on the issue. If you agree with me on this, please upvote it.)

Several Weapons and Armors have bad or inconsistent properties (e.g. Orcish Waraxe considered to be made of Iron, 2-Handed Sword considered a 1-Handed Sword for perks purposes, etc.). This mod (in theory) fixes them all. If I missed something let me know.

As of version 1.02 of WAF, 292 Weapons out of 2,848, and 574 armors out of 2,762 are affected. This is roughly 10.3% of all weapons, and 20.8% of all armors. While not every of those are problematic (see first bullet of section 4), most are. Having such a large number of weapons and armor affected speaks volume about the quality of the bug testing/QA going on at Bethesda, or how much they really care about putting out a polished product.

At the very least, 85%+ of these problems can be spotted simply by sorting the items according to various properties (weight, name, weapon type, material, ...) and play a little game of "spot the intruder". These are not the big "OMG, this game is huge and complex, so it's normal to have a few things slip through the cracks" stuff. This is basic Q&A stuff, requiring no more than a few hours' time from some minimum wage intern. I takes me more or less 5 hours to do the whole thing from scratch, with hacks, 3rd party tools (which are very early in development), and zero documentation. And I never had any modding experience prior to Skyrim.

We on the PC are very lucky that Bethesda gives us the privilege of doing their job and uncrapping their game. I can't imagine how users playing on the Xbox 360 or the PS3 must feel (assuming they can even play). Don't get me wrong, Skyrim is a good game, but shame on Bethesda for releasing it in such a poor state. And shame on the gaming press for awarding early beta releases >90% scores (the PS3 version has 92% FFS!), and several GOTY awards.

We as loyal gamers and fans deserve better. Bethesda should look at studios like Eidos Montreal for listening to their fans (who gave us features like the ability to turn of augmented vision in Deus Ex Human Revolution, even if they themselves felt it added to the game, because they RESPECTED their fans enough to not pretend to know what we wanted better than we did), and care for them equally regardless of platform, giving us both a true controller interface, and a true KB+M interface (not to mention proper graphics and basic options such as the ability to properly key bind controls out-of-the-box for PC users). Or studios like CD Projekt Red for their beyond-phenomenal post-release support of their games, like The Witcher (with it's Extended Edition, available freely to everyone who bought the original) or the more recent The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

It is our responsibility as gamers to let Bethesda know we deserve better. Because it's not our gaming press that will do it, for fear of being cut off the money train of early access and exclusive interviews. Nor will it be Spike TV, who's opinion Bethesda seems to consider more important than ours. Nor will it be their focus groups, because they clearly are disconnected from our needs and wants.

So tweet, write letters, blog, reddit, ... anything! But don't sit on your chair pretending it's OK for Bethesda to ask 60$ for a beta-release, or for the gaming press to give them GOTY/SOTY awards. Otherwise, it's just going to be one painful BOHICA for TES VI.

From http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4719

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Mr.Tea said:
The Orc Librarian at the College of Winterhold will give you 2000 gold for it if you've finished the main quest. It's a good thing too because that Elder Scroll weighs 20 units...
When something is marked as a quest item, it doesn't weigh anything. Just dropped everything I could (except the scroll, among other things), and I weigh 0.

Speaking of gold, I hope they will figure out how to patch that problem you have when you have 100,000 gold, but can't really do anything with it, aside from that achievement.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Ed130 said:
Finally the Creation Kit, Warhammer 40k weapons and armour please!

Modders: Breaking the lore in the most hilarious ways possible.
"In their tongue he is Spacemariin, Emperor-born!"

Personally I'm waiting for the inevitable pokemon mod. Hey Alduin, meet my Blastoise!

Can't wait to see all the crazy-awesome proper mods that will appear.