Skyrim Collector's Edition Requires Enormous Box

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Somethingfake said:
What will I do with the box? Meh, use it as drinks can bin. That collectors edition is *huge*. Just how insanely expensive is this beast?
it's £129.99/$200. Something around that in USD, not really sure exactly.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
apparently theres, like, a figurine and a map in it? thats whats stopping me from pre-ordering it. so i spent my money on my Halo combat evolved anniversary, battlefield 3 and AC: Revelations pre-orders instead!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
OH. Shiny.

I think the nicest box would be the PS3 one, of course. The black bar always adds a bit of class.

That said, I might just throw the box out.

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
Steve Lovell said:
Archonic Energy said:
Annoying Turd said:
Btw, what's the largest game 'collector's edition' ever, where a game comes in a box larger than the boxes consoles come in/ larger than my pc?
Bioshock 2's CE box was rather large... because of the 12" Record in there...

and £130 for the CE... you can fuck right off!
How about steel battalion with the controller, that must have been a pretty hefty size
Yeah, but that was just the regular edition, And i was thinking about that too, until i realized Guitar Hero existed, and took the title easily.

Stupid Drumkit. =(

Moosejaw

Oct 11, 2010
In the U.S., that thing is still $150 bucks. No one is getting off light. I'll pay 80 bucks for a limited or collectors, I might even pay 90 or 100 if I REALLY like what I get with it. But that is my ceiling, 150 bucks is just too much.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
That's the size of a box for an 360 console. But...still too expensive, especially when you consider I'm buying four other games around the same time. Though I don't doubt that many people will be enjoying the contents of the box.

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
Ooh. I dunno if it's just the eternal child inside of me, or some sort of a more primitive instinct from our gatherer ancestors, but something about massive, bulky things really appeals to me. At least in this case. Some collectors' editions I've seen have been kinda lame, what with small packages that really don't say "I'm such a huge fan that I went ahead and purchased the more expensive one, simply out of love for this thing, possibly after already buying it once!" And then there's the massive or otherwise awesome boxes that come with all kinds of great goodies. Both of the Witcher titles had great collector's editions (at least if you managed to wrap your head around the behemoth that was the cheatsheet for what which edition in which country contained).

Then again, this I find somewhat underwhelming, despite the undeniable quality of massiveness. It's a cardboard box, unless I'm sorely mistaken, and I can't help but feel the goods are kinda... lacking. I mean, it's all nice, but it's still just a statue, a book and a map. Nothing all that clever or cool. Cookie-cutter by the standards of CE's, even. I'm sure it's all of good quality, but I can't help wondering if there should be something more in a massive box costing 150 bucks. I mean, someone already mentioned Bioshock 2 with the record, which is actually cool and clever, and have you SEEN the stuff in the Witcher CEs? I probably wouldn't get this, even though I'm sure someone will get some joy out of it. Might get the book when it inevitably appears on eBay in a bit, though.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
not_you said:
Archonic Energy said:
Annoying Turd said:
Btw, what's the largest game 'collector's edition' ever, where a game comes in a box larger than the boxes consoles come in/ larger than my pc?

As another Australian.... OH NOE! You have to pay over 100 for a collectors edition!

We have it for 200! (198, but same difference)

We always have to pay about 110 for a console game, but NOOOOO when it happens to someone else THEY have the right to complain....
At least you have a fucking decent rating system... So be thankful for what you have
So we're not allowed to complain because you have it worse?

The fuck kind of logic is that?

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
FredTheUndead said:
Note the 360 label, proving Bethesda's now full-time commitment to console ports.
Sarcasm I hope.

OT: I dont give a fuck, Bethesda thought they could rip Europe off. Protip: no one in Europe is going to buy your overpriced collectors edition, you assholes.
I am, because it's not being sold for ?150 in Ireland. In fact even if it was I was going to get it. I love art books, I love TES and the dragon statue looks amazing to my eyes.

Archonic Energy

Feb 8, 2010
not_you said:
Archonic Energy said:
Annoying Turd said:

As another Australian.... OH NOE! You have to pay over 100 for a collectors edition!

We have it for 200! (198, but same difference)

We always have to pay about 110 for a console game, but NOOOOO when it happens to someone else THEY have the right to complain....
At least you have a fucking decent rating system... So be thankful for what you have
to be fair i was more pissed that the standard edition is £35 and the CE is £95 more... unless it comes with a free whore or two i'm not sure i'll even bother with the CE!

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
My main concern is, why is there a bell on her desk?
All seriousness if can manage to find one, I'll most likely buy it. I do get obscene pleasure from collectors editions.
Though for me its always harder to get PC collectors edition than console...

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
FredTheUndead said:
Note the 360 label, proving Bethesda's now full-time commitment to console ports.
Sarcasm I hope.

OT: I dont give a fuck, Bethesda thought they could rip Europe off. Protip: no one in Europe is going to buy your overpriced collectors edition, you assholes.
Umm, am I missing something here? How have Bethesda ripped Europe off? I live in Europe and I want to know why I should be feeling ripped off!

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
FredTheUndead said:
Sarcasm I hope.

Umm, am I missing something here? How have Bethesda ripped Europe off? I live in Europe and I want to know why I should be feeling ripped off!
I am gonna assume you should feel ripped off because apparently it isn't fair that you should pay more to cover the costs of shipping giant dragon statues around the world... if you want to buy said statue. (but seriously I have no idea where these things are being packed and shipped from, probably China)

OT: I pre-ordered mine and am very much looking forward to it.

PS: When the promotional picture has a DELL in it, I would say that looks troubling for PC gamers.

Thumper17

May 29, 2009

This thread.

I dont have too many games I'm interested in, and not a whole lot of time to play the ones I am. So I'll pony up for the CE of this, Arkham City and maybe Uncharted 3. Nothing else I'm that keen on that I cant get from steam.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Steve Lovell said:
Archonic Energy said:
Annoying Turd said:

How about steel battalion with the controller, that must have been a pretty hefty size
You mean...
THAT Steel Battalion,yeah,I saw it in a store once,it's pretty fucking big. Only if I still had my original Xbox.

OT:Fucking hell,you could build a fucking fort out of that box!

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Dimitriov said:
I am gonna assume you should feel ripped off because apparently it isn't fair that you should pay more to cover the costs of shipping giant dragon statues around the world... if you want to buy said statue. (but seriously I have no idea where these things are being packed and shipped from, probably China)
Ahh right, I see. Well I haven't seen a price for it in the UK yet, so I'll base my decision on the overal price and whether or not it's good value as a... LOL like hell I will! I'm buying this whatever the cost!

150 dollars are approximately 100 euros. We pay 50 (FIFTY!!!!! YOU COULD BUY A BRAND NEW GAME ON RELEASE FOR THAT) euros more because LOL.
Your Euros mean nothing to me! For I live in the land of the United Kingdoms where we still cling desparately to our native coin. They'll never take it from us, they'll never take the precious...