Skyrim Composer Invites Facebook to Elder Scrolls Concert

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Skyrim Composer Invites Facebook to Elder Scrolls Concert

Conductor Jeremy Soule wants to know if you'd be interested in joining him for a live performance of music from Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim in New York City.

Jeremy Soule [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0815819/], in case you don't recognize the name (and you probably do) is one of the foremost composers in the videogame business. His soundtrack credits include Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Prey, Dungeon Siege, Company of Heroes and perhaps most famously, the previous three Elder Scrolls games, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Speaking of which, Mr. Soule would like to know if you would accompany him for an evening of Elder Scrolls musical entertainment in The City That Never Sleeps.

"Dear friends, how many of you would be interested in attending (with me) an entire concert of Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind as performed by a world-renowned orchestra in New York?" he wrote on his Facebook page. "If so, please click 'like' on this post. Also, tell your friends, too. We need as many likes as possible. Thanks a million!!"

"And for the record, the sheet music and arrangements will all originate from me. This would be the authentic TES experience," he added in a follow-up. "I might even conduct..." He also said there's "definitely a possibility" that he might personally perform some of the music on a piano.

The announcement led to an immediate fracas in The Escapist news room over which Elder Scrolls soundtrack is the best. Expressing her opinion that the theme from Oblivion [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3EOibiVzq4] is the obvious choice (despite his work on Morrowind clearly being superior), Escapist Editor in Chief Susan Arendt said, "TAKE MY MONEY! TAKE IT!"

That strikes me as a perfectly appropriate response. I would also imagine that there are fairly good odds that the performance will be recorded, so even if you can't attend, just take a second to pop over to Facebook and give the man a "like." This is one concert that really needs to happen.

Source: Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/mrsoule/posts/10151441950275993]

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
Hell yeah Ill go, just buy me a plane ticket to NY please and I'm there!
I do hope this concert happens, I doubt they'll have a problem finding enough people to attend.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Love this man's music. I would totally be there, if, you know, I lived in America.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I so hope this is recorded and available in some way, shape or form. You know, for those of us who just can't get to the States for what will be an incredible concert.

Also, what are you guys on about, Skyrim's theme is the best, with Morrowind in a very close second.

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
This concert needs to happen and be recorded.

Also who could deny that the Morrowind is the best? Heresy.

EDIT
Xdeser2 said:
MrCollins said:

Label Me a Heretic then, Because Oblivion's and Skyrim's Themes were better IMO ;P
Ah, themes perhaps, but I'm talking about the music as a whole.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
YES. YES. ALL OF THE YES.

But no love for the Guild Wars 2 soundtrack? I might actually like that soundtrack more than any of his other work.

zaheela

Oct 8, 2010
.........yes this needs to happen. If Japan can have full concerts for one series or composers, then why don't we? We need to drill it to the masses that the media we love has its own epic music that can and WILL blow their minds. Not just bits and pieces that we've shown them before, even though those are good too.

Akexi

May 15, 2008
I really really wish I could attend this. Jeremy Soule (along with Jesper Kyd) is a genius in video game music. He been instrumental in producing an atmosphere through music in Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, along with other titles. I seriously hate that my funds are ridiculously limited right now and most likely will be for quite awhile.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Been a while since I've even touched facebook. So much for that. When is this supposed to be happening - if it's affordable, and during the summer, hell, even late spring, I might well drive down there for a weekend to see this.

Mar 30, 2010
Susan, Susan , Susan ... The Oblivion score better than the Morrowind score?

Sorry, I must disagree most wholeheartedly.

Now, if only I (a) was American and (b) had a Faceache account this would interest me.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
They better have a stream of the concert if it happens. Or sell it as a DVD or something.

Polarity27

Jul 28, 2008
That sounds awesome, I wish I could go. But... I'm glad they're down with the internet and all, so could they please, please make it possible to buy the soundtrack on iTunes? I've been saying "TAKE MY MONEY" for a while now, but it's still not there.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
I'm with Susan...if only I had the money for him to take! Or the time to go down to NYC to attend!

I'll try to be content with the soundtracks I have (and I'm secretly holding out for another Battlestar Galactica concert from Bear McCreary. That's not blasphemous here, is it?).

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
MrCollins said:

Label Me a Heretic then, Because Oblivion's and Skyrim's Themes were better IMO ;P

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Oh my daedra! This is almost enough to make me to go to New York. I have all three of his TES soundtracks, plus Supreme Commander. And Skyrim's soundtrack is the best of them.

Is the Dovahkiin intro already passe? Besides, many themes and melodies can be heard throughout two or all of his TES albums.