Skyrim: Dawnguard Arrives on Xbox 360 Tomorrow

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
thebobmaster said:
Tiamat666 said:
What's the point of exclusives besides pissing off the other 2/3rds of gamers?
I think there was a song written about it...

I can't watch that video because of intellectual property right issues in Germany.

TODAY, EVERYTHING IS BEING DENIED TO ME!

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Even on my Evil Kahjiit, The Dawnguard are the people I am with. (This will happen for My Argonian as well)

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
kortin said:
oh fuck you bethesda.

The 360 is the worst console, why would you ever give them it first?

On second thought, it also attract the most dumbasses who sit around and *****... Smart move Bethesda, Smart move.
Worst console? Did you ever even think about the Wii?

Besides, the Xbox far has more good than bad.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
PS3 owners getting fucked around by Bethesda again!? Fucking figures. Why is it that Bethesda does this??? can anyone please tell me, because I am genuinely curious.

Anywho *YAY! I get to be excited for up to another 2 fucking months thank you Bethesda!

*sarcasm

Apr 5, 2008
I'm right on the verge of starting a 2nd playthru proper, but reading this means it's probably worthwhile waiting a little longer to play it with this content included. Would like to know if the Dawnguard vampirism still works if the PC is a werewolf, or if the Immunity to Disease said state confers renders the choice of which faction to join in this expansion into a choice of one. Without a mod it's simply not possible in the vanilla game that I know of.

In the meantime, has anyone played with any cool Vampire/Werewolf mods on Skyrim PC?

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Daystar Clarion said:
OT: I'm interested to see what exactly the factions are gonna be like.

One of my characters is a vampire, but she isn't into enslaving humanity and destroying the sun.
Same here. I wonder just how they are going to handle players like us. It would REALLY suck if being evil was the only way to get your hands on the vampire content. What I'm most worried about though is if Dawnguard conflicts with the vampire and werewolf mods I have installed or not.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Seems awesome, but I'm not gonna buy any DLC. Pretty sure they'll release more and then throw out a GOTY edition later on. Will get that if I consider it worth the price.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
What?! holy shit YES! putting the points on my account right now, I can't wait! *HEAD EXPLODES*

bchampnd

Apr 12, 2011
I want to pick this up but I've got plenty of quests left to do (finished main storyline and Companions) so hopefully once I get through all of the guild questlines the price will have dropped a bit.

If you got Skyrim for the PS3, don't hate on the timed exclusive. Just enjoy the "free" games we got this month on PS+ or, if you don't subscribe to PS+ (which, if you can afford to burn cash on such things, you certainly should reconsider and jump on board), just enjoy playing games online for free. XBox users get to pay to play games online and get the occasional timed exclusive. I am lucky enough to be able to subscribe to both but, imho, PS+ is a much better value than Live.

If this wasn't a Bethesda game, I'd say the extra wait period wouldn't be such a bad thing for PS3 owners since it would make the XBox users into beta testers so then Bethesda could iron out the kinks before it releases on PSN. But this is a Bethesda game so it will still be buggy as hell on the PS3.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
The lot of you know that this was Bethesda's plan since before Skyrim was even released...right?

Why are you acting petty and/or bitter?

OT: Already got this preordered when I picked up Skyrim a week ago. Yay!

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
*is a PC gamer*

*kicks chair*
*has recently made the jump to PC gaming*

*doesn't want to buy a DLC twice*

*kicks box PC case arrived in*

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Z of the Na said:
The lot of you know that this was Bethesda's plan since before Skyrim was even released...right?

Why are you acting petty and/or bitter?

OT: Already got this preordered when I picked up Skyrim a week ago. Yay!
i knew pc would be waiting, but almost 2 months of waiting is taking the piss a little bit =\ by then dark souls will be out/coming out for us pc players, and i have 2 games competing for my time, and nothing to keep me occupied in the meanwhile.

i'm not bitter, but it could be better

edit: should probably say, still totally getting this when i can. looks pretty awesome and i've been looking for an excuse to go back to skyrim

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
SirBryghtside said:
*is a PC gamer*

*kicks chair*
Pretty much this. Nevermind, SirBryghtside, we get mods. Glorious mods.

Even though I actually have Skyrim for Xbox and PC. I'm just not wanting to buy the DLC twice... or play it modless.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Tiamat666 said:
thebobmaster said:
Tiamat666 said:
What's the point of exclusives besides pissing off the other 2/3rds of gamers?
I think there was a song written about it...

I can't watch that video because of intellectual property right issues in Germany.

TODAY, EVERYTHING IS BEING DENIED TO ME!
*cough* Proxtube *cough*
Don't tell GEMA^^

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
kortin said:
oh fuck you bethesda.

On second thought, it also attract the most dumbasses who sit around and *****... Smart move Bethesda, Smart move.
...he/she bitched.

And in all fairness, PC Gamer's get the amazing mods, it's only the PS3 gamers who are getting the real bum wrap.
Still, the exclusivly xbox for a month or so is still stupid. But I have it on xbox, so I'm just going to enjoy it. :D

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
kortin said:
oh fuck you bethesda.

please dont start a console war. and dont hate, as you provided no basis for what you said.