Skyrim: Dawnguard Arrives on Xbox 360 Tomorrow

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
I will have to wait a while but after that my power-hungry Khajit spellblade, who's currently a werewolf but not overtly attached to it, will finally be able to complete the next stage in her plans that started with becoming the leader of every faction and ridding Skyrim of other would-be rulers like Alduin and Ulfric Stormcloak!

Not to mention that that Vampire Lord form looks awesome, got to get my Khajit some of that!

By that time I'll likely also have created a hard-ass Nord who'll join the Dawnguard and add a crossbow to his repertoire of physical weapons.

Captcha: press into service.

Dang it! Captcha has already figured out my plans!

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
OT: I'm interested to see what exactly the factions are gonna be like.

One of my characters is a vampire, but she isn't into enslaving humanity and destroying the sun.
yeah, i dont like that i want to be a vampire, but i also have to destroy the sun. im on SD, man! when its night, everything is just a dark blotch! doing that would be like shooting myself in the knees.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
while i am interested in dawnguard i already own skyrim for my PS3(as a chistmas present) and would proffer a pc version instead. i refuse to buy the dlc 2 times so i am waiting till the goty edtion then buy it for the pc.
not to mention the it will probably be very buggy during the release going by me exceptions of bethesda

some may complain about the 1-2 month exclusiveness to the xbox 360 but on the bright side bethesda can work longer on fixing bugs and making it more stable(hopefully) for the ps3 and pc
while those sucker on the xbox 360 are the guinea pigs for the release day bugs.

Madkipz

Apr 25, 2009
Wot? You mean the awesome stuff that should have been in Morthal gets its own place as DLC? oh well... I guess its worth it..

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
The said:
So... will this be standalone as well?
I highly doubt it, considering it's meant to integrate seamlessly with the proper game.
bullet_sandw1ch said:
Daystar Clarion said:

One of my characters is a vampire, but she isn't into enslaving humanity and destroying the sun.
yeah, i dont like that i want to be a vampire, but i also have to destroy the sun. im on SD, man! when its night, everything is just a dark blotch! doing that would be like shooting myself in the knees.
... you know vampires get night vision as a power, right?

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
The said:
So... will this be standalone as well?
I highly doubt it, considering it's meant to integrate seamlessly with the proper game.
bullet_sandw1ch said:
Daystar Clarion said:

... you know vampires get night vision as a power, right?
yeah, but unless it makes a simulated sun in the sky, it will still be too dark.

Rsteffy

Oct 18, 2008
Does anyone know how big the expansion is? While I love my Xbox 360, the no hard drive kinda makes this slightly ridiculous, not only will I have to skimp and move everything around to get the ME3 dlc to fit, theres no way I can fit both on the xbox, and I wont pay the 60 for a *xbox* hard drive.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
bullet_sandw1ch said:
kortin said:
oh fuck you bethesda.

The 360 is the worst console, why would you ever give them it first?

On second thought, it also attract the most dumbasses who sit around and *****... Smart move Bethesda, Smart move.
please dont start a console war. and dont hate, as you provided no basis for what you said.
How about you read a bit more? Or shall I have to edit in the fact that it was a joke, eh?

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
kortin said:
I don't really enjoy the 360 system, no. The controller actually makes my hand hurt, I've had some severely bad run-ins with the community and my friend's 360 kept RROD-ing while we were trying our Legendary run of Halo 3, but it's not some sort of demon instrument and I exactly don't hate it enough to actually warrant such an attitude. :p
There are way too many people that make comments like yours for cereal that I just can't tell anymore. IGN's comment section is a gold mine for console wars. Seriously, go there. It's sad/fun to read through it.

I enjoy Xbox and Ps3. Ps3 slightly more for the exclusives, but Xbox Live is a better service (In my opinion). But hey, to each his own!

My apologies for misreading the satire! Hard to convey sarcasm through text and all that...

And now that I know the truth, I mean you no ill will, friend! :D

Also, the 360 Elites tend not to red ring. I've had one since they released and it's never given me trouble.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
The Pinray said:
Also, the 360 Elites tend not to red ring. I've had one since they released and it's never given me trouble.
My Elite has RROD'd. Just throwing that out there.

... so yeah, all the ads for AMAZING NEW SKYRIM DLC!!! have led me to no such download. Not that I have it on 360 anyway; I just wanted to check the filesize.
Bloody adverts.

Mysterious Druid

May 27, 2012
Huh. Well, that kind of snuck up on me. Anyway, I'll just wait until the PC release. It's a shame that it wasn't released earlier, otherwise I could've picked it up during the Steam Summer Sale.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
The Pinray said:
My Elite has RROD'd. Just throwing that out there.

... so yeah, all the ads for AMAZING NEW SKYRIM DLC!!! have led me to no such download. Not that I have it on 360 anyway; I just wanted to check the filesize.
Bloody adverts.
Don't make me look like a liar! D:

I think they update around noon-ish (EST) on Tuesdays. I don't remember. All I know is that I'm gonna be busy with that and the new Mass Effect extended cut hullabaloo.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
The Pinray said:
I can verify this, at least for me - as my 360 Elite has not once RRoD'd at all.

5 more minutes to go! Know what I'm going to do?

Captcha: dollars to donuts.

Sigh, Captcha...I think it's now gone from sentient to sarcastic.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I was wondering when there would be a vampire transformation.

Now I will have a better character motivation for my Nord being a werewolf.

I can transform and bring the hurt to the vampire beasts.

Jonluw said:
I want this sooo bad, but my 360 is broken :'(
Maybe your 360 will magically fix itself like my DS did last year.

A year after I got my DS lite, the screen just stopped working/projecting the game graphics. I didn't have the money to send it back to Ninteno to fix, let alone buy a new one. Somehow it ended up in a bag in the trunk of my car for a year, then when I found it while cleaning my car, I crossed my fingers and turned it on with wishful thinking and poof, it worked just fine and it has been working fine for the year since then.

I don't know, maybe it was magical game device fixing elves. Hopefully these elves visit you and work on your 360.

Sicht

Jun 4, 2011
I really don't like it when i'm excited for something and yet it feels like time has COMPLETELY stopped. 1 minute feels like 5 right now.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
360 first?

WE OF THE PC GAMING ELITE OVERLORD SOCIETY ARE NOT IMPRESSED BETHESDA.
*strokes a Persian cat in the dark*

MICROSOFT MAY HAVE PAID YE TO STAY THEIR WRATH BUT OURS SHALL BE EVEN MORE DIABOLICAL AND UNKIND.

Await the shadowy tendrils of vengeance in the dark of night. For it shall be swift and terrible. And on the tip of a blunt butter knife because I really don't have anything else at hand right now.

*squint eyes*

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
God, I haven't play Skyrim since December.....looks like I'll have to be dusting it off.