Skyrim Dragons: Ok this is getting ridiculous......

ACM_Shadow

Aug 6, 2009
Tentickles said:
I climbed to the top of a mountain. Found a dragon nest with a Frost dragon. Another dragon spawned on top of me.

And this so happened to be the resting place of one of the Dragon Priests. Koris? Something like that.

On Master Difficulty.
firstly i played a sneaky archer/dagger

this, happened twice, the first time i thought cool a dragon head, lets check it out (lvl 10)... didnt end well.

Second time it was lets do this, got ma dragonscale armor, enchanted boots/shield to resist fire and ice plus shield perk(elemental protection), lvled nightingale bow+dragonbane+Mehrunes dagger. dragon lasted 5-10 minutes.. mainly because im dodging fireballs like mad from Koris.
Finally kill the bugger only to have the skeleton go off the side of the mountain, so i say fu*% it, die Koris... he procedes takes 5 minutes to kill (would've taken less but Lo-and behold 2 dragons start a fight in the distance and me-ander over to us), worst part is this last dragon decided to attack something in the forest below the mountain.... then something further away and so on until i lost it.. still looking for the bugger at 3/4 hp.

funniest was probably when my horse killed the dragon.. it thought my horse was a bigger threat then me, apparently it was right (bloody ks'ing horse, now that i think about it... my horse has killed so many things including a dark brotherhood assassin, 3 thugs (you know the thugs i mean), 1 dragon, few trolls, god know how many wolves)

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I have never been attacked by more than one dragon although I only seem to get ancient and elder dragons now.

I am not very far in the main quest but I am level 50.

Edit Blood Dragons are really difficult to get to land.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
They pop up at certain points in the story more than others.

At one point early in the main quest, I had several in a very short amount of time, and that'd have carried on had I not done the next part of the quest.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
44 hours in haven't fought a single dragon! and that is why I don't do the main quest first in elder scrolls games.

Really don't know what I'll do when it comes to finally fighting the scaly buggers. Since I can barely take a hit, and by your story they are quite frequent... So I'm pretty screwed really :p

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Hmm I should really get that Horn of Jorgen (I know that's not the right spelling). I think I've killed at most 8 dragons now, somewhere between 30 and 40 hours in. The last 2 though were an absolute cake walk. Last one was in the city of the stormcloaks upon my first arrival (making my way to the mage college) and I killed it with a steady barrage of firebolts rather quickly. In fact I absorbed it's soul before all the townsfolk even showed up to fight.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Now see I don't get this, I rarely find dragons, and I'm walking everywhere. The closet I've fought dragons are two, one not five minute after the other. Level 21 so maybe I just haven't leveled enough for them to start spouting out of the empires/stormcloaks ears yet.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Tentickles said:
I climbed to the top of a mountain. Found a dragon nest with a Frost dragon. Another dragon spawned on top of me.

And this so happened to be the resting place of one of the Dragon Priests. Koris? Something like that.

On Master Difficulty.
That would probably be Shearpoint. I had an Elder Dragon and Krosis at the same time. Got stomped hard so I reloaded to take them one at a time.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Jandau said:
GundamSentinel said:
Jandau said:
I belive that the dragon spawn rates go up as you progress the main story. I left the main story after meeting the Graybeards (for the two free Words) and Dragons aren't too frequent and about 50% of the time they just don't give a fuck about me and leave me alone.
True. I left the story early and haven't had to fight a dragon in hours. That does sadly mean that I don't have the Dragon Souls to unlock all the Shouts I've found. Oh, and that the dragon I do encounter are all Elder Dragons. Damn those things.
In regards to that, there are two things I can reccomend: First, you don't need to unlock ALL the Words you get right away. Some are pretty crappy anyway (Calm, Fear, etc.). Second, while exploring the world, be on the lookout for dragon head icons on your compass. These mark dragon lairs where you're guaranteed to find one dragon, as well as one Word and at least one chest full of goodies.
Or a coffin with Dragon Priest... :D

But yes, most of the Words I'll never use anyway. Still it's strange, because with my other character I always had way more Dragon Souls than Words at the same level I'm at now and with the same story progression. Interesting to see how my different playstyle for my current character influences that.

Sparkytheyetti

Jul 24, 2009
Ill take fighting a shitload of dragons over another fucking oblivion gate any day. I hated those. Loved the game, but god i hate those gates.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Im finding them pretty rare, and they have only attacked a town four tiems for me, and 3 diffrent ones (winterhold dawnstar and windhelm twice)

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Tentickles said:

On Master Difficulty.
Koris? Yeah you died. For sure.

Ehh i had 3 dragons out at once before (One was the one I called with dragoncall so it was fighting for me. And that was pretty damn epic seeing how it was a blood dragon and frostdragon We were fighting.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Draenin said:
Oh hush, I love fighting dragons in town/cities even more so! Just makes the game feel...alive?
Hey I enjoyd it to. Those six hours were by far the most interesting I've had in the game. It's simply that my looter's instinct has a little cry because I can't carry all those dragon bones and scales, despite the fact that they are some of the most pricey dosh you can get in the game.

More so I had already finished the main quest....

...and killed Aldiun. This when combined with the facts that I had both Odahviing and Paarthurnax (the two biggest dragons after Alduin) on my side and was a level 37 fighter with over 30 dragon kills to my name prior to this quarter day dragonfest (now probably over 50) you'd think that they'd learn to give me a little space.

Liviola

May 9, 2011
Well, I'm glad that I did every single non-main quest in the game before even starting the 2nd objective of the main quest. Zero dragons getting in the way. I did the same for Oblivion. No getting sidetracked on my errands, clean and efficient. It does feel a bit strange when you start from the begining of the main quest when you're Master Of All The Guilds. All Of Them.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
urprobablyright said:
ChupathingyX said:
So basically dragons in Skyrim are like the Oblivion gates in Oblivion and cliff racers in Morrowind?
Lol cliff racers

... Seriously though, yes I think Oblivion Gate with Wings is the best way to describe the dragons.

An apt description. Except each oblivion gate took at least 10 minutes to get through (if I remember right) and dragons can go down much easier.

dead.juice

Jul 1, 2011
Heik, I tried reading that post, I tried so hard. Please, next time add a few more periods. And at the end of those periods, add a break(shift-enter pressed together) to make some paragraphs.
I am diving back into that block of text, Heik. Pray to Talos for me.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
ChupathingyX said:
So basically dragons in Skyrim are like the Oblivion gates in Oblivion and cliff racers in Morrowind?
Basically. It's getting kind of ridiculous to be honest. My character has every single shout in the game, with all 3 words for each learned and powered, and I have another 30 dragon souls sitting around waiting for more.