Skyrim Fan Takes An Arrow in the Knee

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Skyrim Fan Takes An Arrow in the Knee

Skyrim's "arrow in the knee" meme makes the jump from the internet to some lady's leg.

You can tell your infuriating internet meme has made the big leagues when impressionable types start branding themselves with it. The leg you see to the right, complete with the cartoonish arrow, belongs to tattoo artist Nikkisny. The pic was originally found on website FunnyJunk, along with an amusingly combative essay from Nikkisny:

I have a lot of silly tattoos along with tattoos that mean a lot to me. I am a professional tattoo artist and plan on being heavily covered. So I do NOT need to hear people bitching about how I'll 'regret it later'. I WON'T. I DO NOT REGRET ANY OF MY TATTOOS! I only live once so I'm doing what makes me happy.. whether you approve or not!
For those of you who have no idea what this "arrow in the knee" business is about - presumably because you've just emerged, bleary-eyed, from your stasis pods - it's a reference to an oft-repeated sound bite from Bethesda's Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Pc/dp/B004HYIAPM]. For some reason, town guards - and by this I mean every town guard - will periodically inform the player that they too used to live a life of unfettered freedom and adventure, until their tomb-raiding career was cut tragically short by a crippling knee injury. Haha! You had to give up your dreams and settle for a life of endless drudgery because you were maimed! That's funny.

Source: Funnyjunk [http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2973610/I+used+to+be+an+adventurer+like+you/]

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Damn it I was hoping some crazy fan literally shot himself in the knee. Since that appears to be the only thing that could possibly slow that meme down.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
That title was misleading, but the outcome is still satisfying. I'll put this on the list of videogame related tattoos I want to get.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
So she has a tattoo to remind herself of something that stopped being funny about a week ago? Well at least she wont regret it.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
I used to love getting tattoos

Then I took an arrow to the knee.

WHY HAS SOMEONE NOT DONE THAT YET?

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
I got the meme when it started, I remembered a few guards saying it in Whiterun. Since the meme went crazy, I haven't heard a single guard mention it. This after making 4 new characters and getting them past level 20. Odd.

Dumb tatoo, but she can think the silly things are important to her. So be it.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I used to take arrows in the knee until I became a tattoo artist.

INCEPTION!

OT: Well, if she's never gonna regret it, then props to her. I don't like tattoos, but if I ever had to get one, I'd choose something symbolic that wasn't born from the internet and that will be meaningful for years to come. Not...MEMES.
I have a friend who has some Pikachu tattoos above her boobs. While that might be a geek's fantasy, I cannot help but wonder what her story gonna go like when she's narrating it to her grandchildren.

"Granny, what is that? Is that a tattoo of a raisin?"
"It's called a Pikachu. They became extinct one year after I got this..."

Well, you get the idea.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I got the meme when it started, I remembered a few guards saying it in Whiterun. Since the meme went crazy, I haven't heard a single guard mention it. This after making 4 new characters and getting them past level 20. Odd.

I've played about the same amount, yet literally I have never heard a guard say the "arrow to the knee" line. Not once. We should start a club or something.

OT: That's nifty. Now she should quit her day job so she can say "I used to be a tattoo artist, but then I took an arrow to the knee. See? It's right here!"

karkar

Mar 10, 2011
kind of a particularly annoying reference to skyrim. like if it had been some dragon word or badass symbol from the game, i would totally approve. but "arrow to the knee" started to annoy the hell out of me incredibly quickly

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
Vanbael said:
That title was misleading, but the outcome is still satisfying. I'll put this on the list of videogame related tattoos I want to get.
Along with Pac-Man moving up your thigh?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
A: Lamest Meme ever. I guess everyone was looking around desparately because it had been 6 months since SPAAAAAAAACE with nothing really good/new on the horizon.

B: Is this really news worthy? A dumbass permanently scarred herself for something that is going to become tired and cliched in less than a year?

C: Yes, this is proof people are too stupid for their own good. I would say the only thing more brain dead would be to take an actual arrow in the knee, but hell, at least that would show a level of commitment. This is just going to be a passing fad, resulting in a cartoonish looking scar, that can never resemble what it is supposed to due to lack of depth and will become such an obscure reference that it will have to be explained every single time its viewed.

Congratulations, I have been slain by the arrow of unbounded ignorance that boasts a -50 to faith in humanity.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
I used to make arrow to the knee jokes, until, oh, wait, I'm making one right now.....shit.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Compared to tattoos like this one:
It´s really shitty made[footnote]the arrow that is[/footnote] and not even close to the same level of awesomeness.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
kebab4you said:
Compared to tattoos like this one:
It´s really shitty made[footnote]the arrow that is[/footnote] and not even close to the same level of awesomeness.
Dude that tattoo looks like it was made by someone to whom straight lines are a foreign concept. That and that guy really needs a serious waxing.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I thought it was a real case of a fan taking an arrow in the knee.

Oh well, meme status has been confirmed thrice over now.

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
Ahhhhh come on it's not THAT bad - cartoonish was the style aimed for and on it's own it's mildly funny...

Yeh I wouldn't do it, but meh - I've seen worse oh soooo many worse [http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/]

Mobius Evalon

Jan 23, 2009
Please quit trying so hard to kill this meme. It's on the fast track to the graveyard to sit alongside Portal's "the cake is a lie".

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Redlin5 said:
I thought it was a real case of a fan taking an arrow in the knee.

Oh well, meme status has been confirmed thrice over now.
Me too. I came on here thinking something bloody had happened.

OT: It's...um...there was a thread on here about things you can't comprehend. This is one of those things.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
80Maxwell08 said:
Damn it I was hoping some crazy fan literally shot himself in the knee. Since that appears to be the only thing that could possibly slow that meme down.
i doubt it would slow you maybe make it move faster

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Props to her..though I don't think I'd ever do something like that.

I try to think like my character when I play, so the first time I heard that line, my thought was. You milk drinking pansy. I've been shot by dozens of arrows, and I'm still adventuring.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
well on the upside she doesnt regret it on the down side it will get annoying having to explain what it means to everyone who sees it in a month when most people forget about the meme

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
*shrug* It's her choice, and I don't know her. I don't have the right to judge or criticize her.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
80Maxwell08 said:
not going to lie, I was hoping that would be the case too, but just because I would have found it hysterical regardless.

OT: Im not sure whats honestly dumber. this or the couple that named their child to win that contest.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010

Seems to be quite a common "Fantasy" complaint..........

Yeah she probably won't regret the tattoo. Depends on the sort of person she is.

Seriin

Jun 4, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Whiterun Guard: My cousins are out there hunting dragons and what do I get? .. Guard duty.
What's better is when you hear a guard say that particular line immediately after he or she was helping you take one down.

On Topic: It's not a bad tattoo, even outside of the Skyrim joke. Least it looks nice, ya' know. Hopefully (though doubtfully) this will close the book on the "arrow to the knee" repeaters. We get it guys, you played Skyrim. Just like everyone else.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
That's dedicated.

The funniest run in with this meme I've had was when surfing a particular site [www.escapistmagazine.com] I visit and like a lot (!) I got a 404 error. Needless to say I was not expecting it and I lost my shit. Curse you web managers!

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Yopaz said:
So she has a tattoo to remind herself of something that stopped being funny about a week ago was never funny? Well at least she wont regret it.
Fixed that for you. Like most memes, this one was never funny to begin with but now it crops up everywhere.

I call bah humbug!

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Man, sure are a lot of Buzz Killingtons up in here. It's her body she can do what she wants with it (wow...that sounded amazingly like she's a hooker...). Plus, just because you don't find the meme funny doesn't mean nobody does.

I fus ro da you and your emo ways out of here!

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
80Maxwell08 said:
I was hoping for this as well.
Tallim said:

Yeah she probably won't regret the tattoo. Depends on the sort of person she is.
HAH! Nice spot. That book is on my to read list too.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I used to find that quote a bit funny, but then I took a brain to the head

........just saying.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
God, this "arrow in the knee" meme has gone way too far.
It's not even the funniest thing that the guards of Skyrim often repeat, in my opinion.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
So much wrong with it...
First, ugh. Really? The meme is annoying and boring already.
Second, that tattoo looks so bad. Look at the arrow, it's not even close to being straight.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
you know, i havn't heard the guards say it since... the first day playing.

Now they all want me to conjure them a bed or brew them an ale.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Well it is better then mudcrabs. You know I saw a ..

Seriously gotta love Oblivion just for that.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That's a very ugly looking tattoo.

There is one thing I don't understand about this meme. People play Skyrim for hundreds of hours and they can't memorize that it's "in the knee" not "to the knee"? Seriously? There are people in this topic that made that stupid mistake.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I don't know why, but I find it interesting that a woman was the first to do it. It was bound to happen though.

Though I use to think it wouldn't happen, until I took an arrow to the knee.

Squilookle said:
what I want to know is

WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED NEWS OF ANY KIND?
You have been here longer than I have. Have you not noticed that The Escapist is a gaming/technology news and entertainment site?

This is called and entertainment news piece. It fits here because it deals with something gaming related and is entertaining because it is funny.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
jonyboy13 said:
Second, that tattoo looks so bad. Look at the arrow, it's not even close to being straight.
It isn't going to look straight, her leg of course curves slightly, so the arrow shaft will look slightly curved.

If you are talking about the line work in general, it is barely noticeable, and I think it is in a sense more realistic, because the shaft of a medieval arrow isn't going to be exactly smooth and perfect.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Haha! You had to give up your dreams and settle for a life of endless drudgery because you were maimed! That's funny.
I'll be honest, it took be a while to stop laughing after reading that line.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Well actually I'm more interested in her other tattoos (She has a lot of bare skin there, where are these tattoos she speaks so fondly of?) and mabye even her face, not her knee and some arrow on it. Other than that it doesn't look remotely close to the artwork of Skyrim, which is a pity really because their artwork is pretty awesome and would provide excellent tattoo material.
What??? No FUS RO DAH Tattoo yet? Shame on you internet!!!

Rayzi

Nov 28, 2011
Guess he wont be adventuring anymore. Other them that... It had to happen eventually.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Tallim said:

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about this meme.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Well at least she won't have to worry about ever commiting to a man(or woman, i don't judge) who has a decent sense of humor ever again.

"Wont'regret it" Sure. Come back and tell me that in 50 years when that arrow's down at your ankel.

Any more remarks i feel i should make... Neh. Nothing beyond the fact that i wish this stupid meme would just shoot both its own knees with crossbow bolts and retire before anyone else takes another step into the ridiculous.

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
I actually kinda like that. Considering she has other tattoos, especially refrences, it won't -pun not intended- stick out, and is a decent looking tattoo even if you don't know where it's from.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
The whole 'arrow in the knee' meme was funny once. Once and once only in it's first usage that I read. Ever since, it's just been terrible to read.

Moosejaw

Oct 11, 2010
Fine by me. She could tattoo a giant horrendous portrait of Carrot Top on her ass and I wouldn't call her an idiot, all it matters to in the end is her.

And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused. Imagine that one friend you have that makes a decent joke, thinks it's hilarious to repeat it but then just goes too far a few too many times and takes just a little too long to realize it. Multiply that by a few million and there we have the Internet. You also have to consider a lot of folks aren't around as often as others, discovered it later than others, so it's all very subjective in the end.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
ReinWeisserRitter said:
This meme would be worth it if everyone that invoked it actually got shot in the knee.

I used to make meme jokes, but then Uncyclopedia got a hold of them....

OT: I saw this picture a few days ago, cant say that it is good since the drawing looks a bit too cartoon-y.

also:

Chindit son, I am disappoint!

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Squilookle said:
what I want to know is

It happened, ergo it is news.
Why the hell do people always ***** about what the Escapist publishes?
Don't like it, go to some other video-game website.

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
Sober Thal said:

I've actually never heard a guard say it in my game.

ReinWeisserRitter said:
This meme would be worth it if everyone that invoked it actually got shot in the knee.
That's the exact same thing I told somebody on Facebook who made the joke.

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
sir.rutthed said:
Sober Thal said:

I've played about the same amount, yet literally I have never heard a guard say the "arrow to the knee" line. Not once. We should start a club or something.

OT: That's nifty. Now she should quit her day job so she can say "I used to be a tattoo artist, but then I took an arrow to the knee. See? It's right here!"
Oh, may I join? And do you have to like the meme in question to become a member?

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
80Maxwell08 said:
I was totally expecting the same thing.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Not one I would get, but it's rather stylishly done and doesn't look bad at all. What I want to know is where she has her sweetroll tat.

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
Damn, I was excited over the idea some guy had gotten tired of hearing the joke, so he shot his buddy in the knee with an arrow.

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
I used to whine and complain about overused memes...

...but then I took an arrow in the knee.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Moosejaw said:
And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused.
A good point. I don't think a lot of people get that the endless repetition, and the fact that self-described cynics seem to take the meme personally, is part of the joke.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
I stopped caring about this meme once it started to get told every other minute as a joke at my school.

And nobody there even PLAYS skyrim!

...Yet why do I still find it so funny?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Tattooing a meme into your body?

Pathetic.
Really, that stupid shit stopped being funny after the third time it was told.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Congratulations, you have just tattooed one of the lamest, horribly forced "memes" in recent memory onto your leg.

In other words:
Mobius Evalon said:
Please quit trying so hard to kill this meme. It's on the fast track to the graveyard to sit alongside Portal's "the cake is a lie".
[small]And in any case, Curved. Swords. is a far funnier line.[/small]

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Hazy said:
Congratulations, you have just tattooed one of the lamest, horribly forced "memes" in recent memory onto your leg.

In other words:
Mobius Evalon said:
[small]And in any case, Curved. Swords. is a far funnier line.[/small]
I like that one. Head it uttered by one of the Riften guards (at the north gate), shortly before I killed him and his friend for not letting my in the posh gate. It must have been the dramatic pause inbetween the two words the second time he say "curved swords".

Though not funny enough to stop me racking up a 15000+ gold bounty in Riften.

I wonder who actually thought this phrase deserved being a meme in the first place. It's not like it can even be applied to different situations like that old favourite, "I never asked for this"...

I have no problems with the tattoo myself though. She could have done much worse.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Grey Carter said:
I have a lot of silly tattoos along with tattoos that mean a lot to me. I am a professional tattoo artist and plan on being heavily covered. So I do NOT need to hear people bitching about how I'll 'regret it later'. I WON'T. I DO NOT REGRET ANY OF MY TATTOOS! I only live once so I'm doing what makes me happy.. whether you approve or not!
She used not to regret any of her tattoos, then she had one based on an internet meme.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
*Cue snobbish, judgemental response like an immature child*

Kidding. I'm not going to judge her for that, but I obviously wouldn't get it myself. Interesting how meme culture spills out into the real world though.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
AmrasCalmacil said:
Squilookle said:
what I want to know is

It happened, ergo it is news.
Why the hell do people always ***** about what the Escapist publishes?
Don't like it, go to some other video-game website.
So let me get this straight- you take offence at someone 'bitching' about news on this site. So you ***** about the bitching of this site... on this site.

I dunno mate... any frustration I may or may not have had with this site seems to pale in comparison to yours. You gotta calm down there, buddy!

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this meme has turned stale and unfunny. Heck, I didn't get it until I saw the video. True be told, I never thought it was funny from the start.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
You think this is a bonkers gaming tattoo? I have a portal tattoo'd on my browneye and pokeballs on MY pokeballs. Your move, internet.

Also, at least I tried to stop this poor girl from getting her stupid ink -

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.329341-I-used-to-X-once-Then-I-took-an-arrow-in-the-knee

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
While you all might call it "tattooing a jaded meme", I call it "long-term planning for when the joke becomes retro". Should be just a year or two.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Moosejaw said:
And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused.
A good point. I don't think a lot of people get that the endless repetition, and the fact that self-described cynics seem to take the meme personally, is part of the joke.
So it's either trolling, or parroting.

I think people have a right to get pissy about seeing memes everywhere. It's spam, pure and simple. A person can get a warning on this site for low content posts, but posting something as worthless as an arrow to the knee joke is fine. That makes no sense.

Carl The Manicorn

Jun 16, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Moosejaw said:
It's like a troll within a troll. Trollception.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Squilookle said:
what I want to know is

I used to consider this news... you know the rest.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Djinn8 said:
Grey Carter said:
Moosejaw said:

I think people have a right to get pissy about seeing memes everywhere.
That they do, and I have a right to laugh at them.

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
I wish the arrow wasn't so cartoonish...nobody would know its a skyrim reference if they saw that tattoo.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
I used to think the arrow in the knee meme was funny but then bethesda studios actually shot me in the knee with an arrow and asked me how i liked it now... EIther way, the title here is misleading.

Kaisar

Feb 2, 2011
I've been so desensitized by the meme that when guards say it... meh. I now kill any guard that regurgitates it.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Really dumbass move. You want something on your body that means something to you, not a dumb joke that wasn't funny in the first place. Almost like getting the Cake is a Lie on your back. Now if she wanted videogame ink, why not something she used to play all the time as kid.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
I'm sorry, but did I miss something? How did something an NPC said become this "hilarious"? I didn't even know something could be so incredibly unfunny.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Wow... some people's sense for humor must be dead for a long time to find this meme funny at all.

She can talk all she wants, but she will regret it in less than a month.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Djinn8 said:
Grey Carter said:
Moosejaw said:

Thing is, this meme isn't funny. It's just an obnoxious reference to a game. There are funny memes that are still worth bringing up. That's why the instant backlash because using it in another context feels contrived.

And I don't know why I'm intellectualizing the whole affair.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Yopaz said:
So she has a tattoo to remind herself of something that stopped being funny about a week ago? Well at least she wont regret it.
It was funny at some point?

Feb 9, 2011
I love all the people that are bitching over this tattoo and have since said she will regret it. I'm quite positive she knows her interests better than we do considering we don't actually know anything about her.

Love how people on the internet always seem to know what's best for people and situations they know nothing about.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
We are aware that taking an arrow in the knee would likely cut arteries or veins or damage you in some way much like being shot would do and thus you would die?

This meme makes no sense if all that encounter it inevitably die.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Soooo... how long till someone gets FUS ROH DAH tattooed somewhere?

If i was her i would have put a Target on my knee, to show where the arrow goes.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Delsana said:
We are aware that taking an arrow in the knee would likely cut arteries or veins or damage you in some way much like being shot would do and thus you would die?

That's not true, a person could easily survive an arrow to the knee. Now if they could still walk afterwards is a different story.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
krazykidd said:
Delsana said:

That's not true, a person could easily survive an arrow to the knee. Now if they could still walk afterwards is a different story.
That's like people saying you could survive a bullet to the knee or the foot or the leg or the left side of the chest and be fine... and the military proved that one wrong with a lot of documents and doctors.

I don't think you know much about how veins work.

wottabout

May 4, 2011
Well, if she's planning on completely covering herself in tattoos, then she can definitely afford to put some silly memes onto her skin. She's a professional tattoo artist, so she is clearly devoted to her tattoos. Under her circumstances, I find this perfectly reasonable. I hope that she finds success in her tattoo business and gets a small laugh whenever she looks at her knee.

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
Moeez said:
Grey Carter said:
Djinn8 said:
Grey Carter said:
Moosejaw said:

Thing is, this meme isn't funny. It's just an obnoxious reference to a game. There are funny memes that are still worth bringing up. That's why the instant backlash because using it in another context feels contrived.

And I don't know why I'm intellectualizing the whole affair.
"Funny" is a matter of perspective. One person's funny is another's insufferable. Besides, in my opinion the funniest thing about the arrow in the knee meme is the fact that it makes so many people so incredibly indignant.

But that's just my opinion.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Delsana said:
krazykidd said:
Delsana said:

That's like people saying you could survive a bullet to the knee or the foot or the leg or the left side of the chest and be fine... and the military proved that one wrong with a lot of documents and doctors.

I don't think you know much about how veins work.
So, you think no one has taken a shot to the knee and survived? Depending on how you tend to the wound afterwards greatly influences if you die or not. A bullet is a little different because chances are that the bullet would go straight through your knee. An arrow is more likely to stop midway ( depend on the distance and kind of arrow you use ). Even then a person could get their entire leg cut off and still survive depending on the circumstance. The most important thing to do in a situation like that is to stop the bleeding, with just an arrow to the knee it's not very hard to do . Of course you would bleed out given time, but once you stop ( or at least slow down ) , your survival rate increases .

Taking a shot to the knee , foot or leg is easily treatable ( and yes you will die if it's not tended to )but it doesn't mean instant death. A shot to the chest is a little more complicated because you could pierce a vital organ.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
To be honest, if I were to ever get a tatoo, it would probably be one like Carpe Diem, (Seize the Day) NOT an internet meme. I don't even get why it's so popular.

And just for the Hell of it, I used to think this joke was funny, then I took common sense to the face.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
viranimus said:
C: Yes, this is proof people are too stupid for their own good. I would say the only thing more brain dead would be to take an actual arrow in the knee, but hell, at least that would show a level of commitment. This is just going to be a passing fad, resulting in a cartoonish looking scar, that can never resemble what it is supposed to due to lack of depth and will become such an obscure reference that it will have to be explained every single time its viewed.

Congratulations, I have been slain by the arrow of unbounded ignorance that boasts a -50 to faith in humanity.
The Cool Kid said:
"I'm defacing my body to make myself happy"
Yeah because this screams security with oneself.

Stupid tattoo, most likely odd woman.
Amazed to see all the ignorant comments towards people that get tattoos.
People don't get tattoos because they are insecure about their appearance and different tattoos mean different things to different people. Just because you wouldn't get a tattoo it doesn't mean that people who do are 'idiots.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
new_age_reject said:
People don't get tattoos because they are insecure about their appearance and different tattoos mean different things to different people. Just because you wouldn't get a tattoo it doesn't mean that people who do are 'idiots.
Hrm. I think you got me wrong there. Not only do I have ink. I have designed ink for other people. I do not assume people with tattoos are idiots. I said that this woman is proof that people in general are too stupid for their own good by defacing herself with a moronic meme that will loose relevance in less than 5 years, does not look good, and will fail to convey the message it was intended to make.

Tattoos arent a sign of idiocy. What some people do with them is. If you need proof look no further than http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
creationis apostate said:
Yopaz said:
It was funny at some point?
Maybe for someone. I don't see it myself though.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Further proof that most tattoo lovers are nothing but freaks who are desperate for attention. I mean, if the tattoo was any good, I could at least appreciate the art, but holy hell, that is one ugly drawn arrow and entry wound.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
The Human Torch said:
Further proof that most tattoo lovers are nothing but freaks who are desperate for attention. I mean, if the tattoo was any good, I could at least appreciate the art, but holy hell, that is one ugly drawn arrow and entry wound.
She's a tattoo artist ... You do realize to practice regularly they have to perform on themselves because it's a liability to do it on other. Besides, by the sounds of things she's just doing it for a bit of fun. It also appear to be done in a cartoonish manner on purpose, perhaps she didn't want to ink a pictorial of a gaping wound on her leg so she took a more stylized version?

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:
She's a tattoo artist ... You do realize to practice regularly they have to perform on themselves because it's a liability to do it on other. Besides, by the sounds of things she's just doing it for a bit of fun. It also appear to be done in a cartoonish manner on purpose, perhaps she didn't want to ink a pictorial of a gaping wound on her leg so she took a more stylized version?
I get that you have to practice to improve your art, use pigskin or just plain paper for that. Also, I saw that it was supposed to be a lighthearted, cartoonish arrow, but it's still ugly (in my opinion, all rights reserved).

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
The Human Torch said:
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:
I get that you have to practice to improve your art, use pigskin or just plain paper for that. Also, I saw that it was supposed to be a lighthearted, cartoonish arrow, but it's still ugly (in my opinion, all rights reserved).
Personally when I see this, I don't have some stupid meme pop into my head, I just remember the game Skyrim and that's what I'm assuming she's likely thinking as well. Gaming can be a strong passion for some people, if one has a collection of tattoo's on their body displaying their passions who are we to judge. I'm certain no one would be bitching if they had a triforce inked on their body somewhere (Ok a lie but it would be far less bitching)

Also, A friend of mine is a tattoo artist, the reason they have to experiment on themselves isn't so much that they have to make the stencil, it's how you etch it into the skin and how you deal with the curves of the human body and the texture of the skin. he explained it further but I don't quite remember all of it.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:
Personally when I see this, I don't have some stupid meme pop into my head, I just remember the game Skyrim and that's what I'm assuming she's likely thinking as well. Gaming can be a strong passion for some people, if one has a collection of tattoo's on their body displaying their passions who are we to judge. I'm certain no one would be bitching if they had a triforce inked on their body somewhere (Ok a lie but it would be far less bitching)

Also, A friend of mine is a tattoo artist, the reason they have to experiment on themselves isn't so much that they have to make the stencil, it's how you etch it into the skin and how you deal with the curves of the human body and the texture of the skin. he explained it further but I don't quite remember all of it.
This thread is about a Skyrim fan, who is also a tattoo artist who took a drawn arrow to the knee. I don't care much for her reasons, whether it's passion or plain sillyness. I threw my two cents into the hat, and with all respect to you, your tattoo artist friend and the topic person, I really don't like tattoos.
I appreciate the art when it's well done, and can even admire it, but not on flesh. Creeps me out. :)

And yeah, at one point you have to bite the bullet and experiment on a real person. All the more reason for me to not even attempt it.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
The Human Torch said:
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:

This thread is about a Skyrim fan, who is also a tattoo artist who took a drawn arrow to the knee. I don't care much for her reasons, whether it's passion or plain sillyness. I threw my two cents into the hat, and with all respect to you, your tattoo artist friend and the topic person, I really don't like tattoos.
I appreciate the art when it's well done, and can even admire it, but not on flesh. Creeps me out. :)

And yeah, at one point you have to bite the bullet and experiment on a real person. All the more reason for me to not even attempt it.
It's all good, I have no desire for tattoo's myself but, like you I just wanted to convey what I thought. I'm pretty sure both of us aren't keen for an argument because we both understand where each others coming from so I'll just wish you a good day and a tip of my hat. Cya :D

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
tobi the good boy said:
It's all good, I have no desire for tattoo's myself but, like you I just wanted to convey what I thought. I'm pretty sure both of us aren't keen for an argument because we both understand where each others coming from so I'll just wish you a good day and a tip of my hat. Cya :D
I never mind a good tattoo argument, but only over a good beer, in a nice warm pub.

I will be there at 19.00 this evening, find me. :p

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
new_age_reject said:
viranimus said:

The Cool Kid said:

Well that's a nice comment. Shame it has nothing to do with what was said.
To get such a meaningless tattoo is just stupid, and to coat your body with tats? Well either you are Yakuza, or you hate your body otherwise why deface it with a load of poorly done and usually meaningless artwork? Did Monet or the Masters ever use flesh as a canvas? No, they didn't. I rest my case.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Eeek a tattoo of one of the worst and least funny internet memes currently circulating.

Mind, I generally dislike memes. They just scream "I have nothing funny to say so I'll repeat what millions have before me. That'll make me funny!"

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
It's a cool tattoo. Doesn't have to be a Skyrim reference, it could just be an arrow tattoo.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
The Cool Kid said:
new_age_reject said:
viranimus said:

The Cool Kid said:

To get such a meaningless tattoo is just stupid, and to coat your body with tats? Well either you are Yakuza, or you hate your body otherwise why deface it with a load of poorly done and usually meaningless artwork? Did Monet or the Masters ever use flesh as a canvas? No, they didn't. I rest my case.
Your case is pretty much wrong and did not prove a thing. Just because YOU don't think tattoos are worth it doesn't mean it's worthless to someone else. But coming from you, if it doesn't agree with your point of view then its wrong.

Though I guess this is going to go on deaf ears once again and your just going to say "everyone who disagrees with me is immature and/or is moron and will never be able to work in the office.

(Btw, how many people actually do work in a office? Perhaps that's not their cup of tea)

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Outcast107 said:
The Cool Kid said:
new_age_reject said:
viranimus said:

The Cool Kid said:

Your case is pretty much wrong and did not prove a thing. Just because YOU don't think tattoos are worth it doesn't mean it's worthless to someone else. But coming from you, if it doesn't agree with your point of view then its wrong.

Though I guess this is going to go on deaf ears once again and your just going to say "everyone who disagrees with me is immature and/or is moron and will never be able to work in the office.

(Btw, how many people actually do work in a office? Perhaps that's not their cup of tea)
You still haven't admitted that mature means "for adults" by the way.

And if I'm 'pretty much wrong' please find me the Water Lillies done on a mans chest...

Many people work in an office. That's the real world and it's alarming to see you are even asking such a question.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Squilookle said:
what I want to know is

You know I used to care about what is and isn't useful news....

Until I took an arrow to the knee

Okay I'm sorry I had to. That's like tossing me a softball

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
The Cool Kid said:
Outcast107 said:
The Cool Kid said:
new_age_reject said:
viranimus said:

The Cool Kid said:

You still haven't admitted that mature means "for adults" by the way.

And if I'm 'pretty much wrong' please find me the Water Lillies done on a mans chest...

Many people work in an office. That's the real world and it's alarming to see you are even asking such a question.
*Sigh* Working at the office doesn't = real world. There are also tons of people who work other places as well. Not just the office. I guess to you, those jobs don't count right? Also whats counts as a office job? What is your job by the way? Do you work at a office, and if you don't then I guess you are not doing a great job in this world of yours.

Also, how does it mean your "right" if a old artist never use flesh as a canvas. Artist normally like to show off their work. It can't be shown off if its made on the flesh, it wouldn't make sense. Also who the hell cares if someone likes to cover their body with tattoos. What if they like having it and enjoy it. Though I guess you can't think outside of your close-minded brain.

By the way, this picture sums up you perfectly.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Outcast107 said:
*Sigh* Working at the office doesn't = real world. There are also tons of people who work other places as well. Not just the office. I guess to you, those jobs don't count right? Also whats counts as a office job? What is your job by the way? Do you work at a office, and if you don't then I guess you are not doing a great job in this world of yours.

Also, how does it mean your "right" if a old artist never use flesh as a canvas. Artist normally like to show off their work. It can't be shown off if its made on the flesh, it wouldn't make sense. Also who the hell cares if someone likes to cover their body with tattoos. What if they like having it and enjoy it. Though I guess you can't think outside of your close-minded brain.

It kind of does at most environments prior to the office are usually ignorant bubbles, such as education, where you can get away with being odd and people aren't allow to state so as "it's mean" or some other juvenille retort.

Most people work in an office...The majority who don't are looking at a future where they will be replaced by robots. Oh wait, this isn't the 1950's and that's become a reality.

Artits look for challenges, hence Cubism and other styles of art. They rarely do their work to show off...
This isn't about caring who covers their body in ink, it's about asking why, a question you seem to be terrified of asking. You like things for reasons and it is those reasons that I am interested about; it's called analysing something. How is asking "why" being close-minded? I say not asking that question is being willfully ignorant.
Until you learn you can't argue with a dictionary, I really don't care what your opinion of me is.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
The Cool Kid said:
Outcast107 said:

It kind of does at most environments prior to the office are usually ignorant bubbles, such as education, where you can get away with being odd and people aren't allow to state so as "it's mean" or some other juvenille retort.

Most people work in an office...The majority who don't are looking at a future where they will be replaced by robots. Oh wait, this isn't the 1950's and that's become a reality.

Artits look for challenges, hence Cubism and other styles of art. They rarely do their work to show off...
This isn't about caring who covers their body in ink, it's about asking why, a question you seem to be terrified of asking. You like things for reasons and it is those reasons that I am interested about; it's called analysing something. How is asking "why" being close-minded? I say not asking that question is being willfully ignorant.
Until you learn you can't argue with a dictionary, I really don't care what your opinion of me is.
You are close minded because you can't even just let someone enjoy it. Why do they need a reason? Perhaps they enjoy getting tattoos like she said before, but no you have to go on saying that their is something wrong with her. People like to do things because they ENJOY it. Why do I play video games? Cause I like to. I don't need a good reason for it. People get tattoos because they like it. My cousin is planning on getting a 3rd one. Why? because he likes tattoos.

Plus, we are talking about different types of mature, which again you refuse to listen to. Yes, mature means adult. But what about behavior? Tons of movies are rated R (To be view by adults), or MA and can be very immature. How? By the jokes, how they tell the story, or how the character themselves act. Just because somethings is suppose to be view by adults doesn't mean its mature itself.

Again, all you do is just pick out a few things within the post to fit your need. I'm sure if you did this in the office world or by the matter ANY kind of job you will most likely get fired for it.

Real world /= Office Job.

Not every single person is gonna get a comfy office job. A lot more are going to be waitress, repair man, lawyer, judge, doctor, etc. There tons of jobs out there so saying "everyone is gonna have a office job" is naive.

OT: I don't see what the big deal is. If she enjoys the tattoo then let her enjoy it. I personal don't think its that great, but hey if she likes it then good for her.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Outcast107 said:
The Cool Kid said:

You are close minded because you can't even just let someone enjoy it. Why do they need a reason? Perhaps they enjoy getting tattoos like she said before, but no you have to go on saying that their is something wrong with her. People like to do things because they ENJOY it. Why do I play video games? Cause I like to. I don't need a good reason for it. People get tattoos because they like it. My cousin is planning on getting a 3rd one. Why? because he likes tattoos.

Plus, we are talking about different types of mature, which again you refuse to listen to. Yes, mature means adult. But what about behavior? Tons of movies are rated R (To be view by adults), or MA and can be very immature. How? By the jokes, how they tell the story, or how the character themselves act. Just because somethings is suppose to be view by adults doesn't mean its mature itself.

Again, all you do is just pick out a few things within the post to fit your need. I'm sure if you did this in the office world or by the matter ANY kind of job you will most likely get fired for it.

Real world /= Office Job.

Not every single person is gonna get a comfy office job. A lot more are going to be waitress, repair man, lawyer, judge, doctor, etc. There tons of jobs out there so saying "everyone is gonna have a office job" is naive.

OT: I don't see what the big deal is. If she enjoys the tattoo then let her enjoy it. I personal don't think its that great, but hey if she likes it then good for her.
Being close minded has nothing to do with letting someone enjoy something; it's to do with reasoning and justification. I ask a simple question and you are unable, or unwilling, to answer it. That does not make me close-minded.
You do not ask "why?" and refuse to for some reason. To get a tattoo which will date horribly quickly shows possibly lack of foresight, and then with the addition of more tattoos, well, if she liked how she looked why would she want to change it so radically? This is the "why" you are not asking and refuse to look at.
Why do you like video games? "CUZ I LIK 2!". No, that's you not thinking about the "why" again. I like games because of the challenge they provide and the escapism. You are not an animal and do not run on impulse yet that is how you are portraying yourself.
I am talking about the word mature. That is the only thing that matters, not your own meaningless idea of the word. You are not in any way qualified to go head-to-head with the dictionary. Made for adults = mature. FACT. Get over it.
I'm doing fine in the office world thanks. How am I just picking parts? I'm addressing everything you say.
The real world isn't just the office, but it is part of the real world. I didn't say everyone is going to have an office job. And lawyers spend most of their time in offices. And do you really think that doctors, lawyers and judges are in the same quantity as office workers??
Ironic you mention naviety.
You aren't thinking about this at all. Ask why is she getting the tattoo and then if it is a good idea or not, not that as long as it makes the person happy it's fine, because then you open up a very morally dubious door. Sorry to say, but life and morallity is a lot more complex then in the cartoons you watch.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Outcast107 said:
The Cool Kid said:
You are such a moron its not even fun. I like games because its fun. Maybe you need some deep meaning for everything you do but a lot of people don't. Also getting a tattoo is not even hurting anyone. So I don't see the huge problem with someone just liking it.

Though I'm done talking about you in this subject.Life is FULL of regrets. There no way we can go through life over thinking ever little thing. Also the reason I bring up the office thing is because you seem to brag about it so much and that's the only thing.

It seem your the one who needs help in the world. Always judging people for what they like or what they do. Since you also didn't even ask why she like getting tattoo. Just

The Cool Kid said:

So good job with acting mature there and "trying" to understand why she was getting a tattoo like you said you were doing. Good day "kid". I hope you learn in life not to judge people for what they like or do all the time. But sadly you probably won't.

Edit: By the way, it seem you have a security problem yourself since all you seem to do is judge people. I wonder why, is it to make yourself feel better?
Why do you find games fun though? What scares you so much you don't, and won't, ask 'why'?
Are you really saying it's a flaw for wanting to understand the mentality and reasoning behind someone and their thoughts?

Life isn't full of regrets...It only is if you don't think about what you are doing and refuse to learn from your mistakes. Would I do things differently? Sure. But I've learnt from the past so I don't regret it. Makes me wonder what on earth you are talking about. I have never bragged about the office but simply brought it to your attention as it's generally an unavoidable inevetability.

I'm not judging; I'm asking why. What's wrong with that?

How is that comment immature? It makes sense, so then what makes it immature? You simply sound terrified of being judged yourself and being seen for who you are, hence why you don't want anyone, not even yourself, to question your actions.

It's nothing to do with making myself feel better. I simply like to understand things and hate liars.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
The Cool Kid said:
Last post. Just to tell you that I am not afraid of anything. I just don't think that we need to go so deep thinking of why people like things. Why do I like games? Just because their fun to me. Do I need another reason? Hell no, maybe you doc but I do not.

What part of that don't you understand? Not everyone has a deep meaning of why they do things. I play games cause they are fun to play. I mean do you do this with food as well? Question everyone who has a favorite. Anyways don't bother replying cause I will not answer. As I said before, you don't read the post or ignore it anyways.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Outcast107 said:
The Cool Kid said:
Last post. Just to tell you that I am not afraid of anything. I just don't think that we need to go so deep thinking of why people like things. Why do I like games? Just because their fun to me. Do I need another reason? Hell no, maybe you doc but I do not.

What part of that don't you understand? Not everyone has a deep meaning of why they do things. I play games cause they are fun to play. I mean do you do this with food as well? Question everyone who has a favorite. Anyways don't bother replying cause I will not answer. As I said before, you don't read the post or ignore it anyways.
Why won't you ask why? No wonder you think life is full of regret if you have such a shallow stance on self-reflection. Plus, it's another trait that will certainly not help you in the working world as it shows a lack of foresight in analysing anything & everything.

Everyone has a deep meaning for why they do things because people are not implusive; this is what seperates humans from other animals. You play games because if offers you something which knitting, or painting etc does not. It is odd that you will not ask yourself what qualities makes gaming fun for yourself; it shows you truly do not know yourself.
You like different foods for different reasons. I'm sure that if you enjoy a curry it'll be for different reasons that you may enjoy chocolate.
I read your posts and reply to them whereas you never ever answer my posts by indirectly mention my points but never answer them fully. All you are showing is someone who doesn't know themselves, whilst enjoys immature cartoons, and then you have the audacity to question why I then think you may have problems in an office.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Always wanted to get a tattoo and I will finally be getting mine in 1-2 months. But this is just ridiculous, a tattoo should have meaning or atleast look well done. This is just a badly arrow entry wound on your knee.

I would never get a tattoo of a meme. Meme's get old pretty fast hell the "arrow to the knee" jokes have already been done to death in my opinion. And that would be something you would have to live with for your rest of your life.

He seems happy with it so good for him, but I would NEVER get a tattoo like that.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
God, if I see someone with this tattoo on the streets I'm going to shoot a real arrow in their knee. It's not a joke, I will seriously do it, I already have a bow and I know how to use it.

Draconalis said:
Never heard this meme before.
Oh, how much I envy you...

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
Grey Carter said:
I have a lot of silly tattoos along with tattoos that mean a lot to me. I am a professional tattoo artist and plan on being heavily covered. So I do NOT need to hear people bitching about how I'll 'regret it later'. I WON'T MOM! I DO NOT REGRET ANY OF MY TATTOOS MOM! I only live once so I'm doing what makes me happy. Whether you approve or not!
1.1 Patch notes:
Quote fixed:
-Will now display proper subtext
-Fixed error in punctuation that was causing crashes.
-Removed Herobrine

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
Congratulations, you got a permanent tattoo of a joke that will be old in three months. Why not get one of a lolcat while you're at it?

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Mommy, why is there an arrow in your knee? *Mom* Never mind sweet heart, never mind...

On that note -
I used to think the cake was a lie, then I took an arrow to the knee and passed out. Then the philosoraptor came to me in a dream, and told me otherwise.

OT, this is one of the goofiest things I've seen online in a long while...

Jimbo1212

Aug 13, 2009
That's just weird.
The meme has only just been made and a tattoo is there for life. Someone just seems desperate for some attention.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
I wonder if there're people who get tattoos of all those crude Paint faces used in meme comics, or the 'Yo dawg' one and the like.

I can't say I care in any possible way about what other people do to their bodies but a random meme is a pretty stupid idea for a tattoo.

ParadiseOnceLost

Jan 26, 2010

OT: It's interesting I guess. I never really understood memes or why people repeat them ad nauseum, and especially why you would want to permanently place them on your skin. I am not against tattoos in general, but I think you should get one that has a timeless quality. This will be forgotten by the time the TES 6 comes out.

Grip the Wolf

Mar 12, 2012
Recently, a guard in Whiterun made the "arrow to the knee" remark as I walked by. I immediately equipped my bow and some arrows, and shot him in the knee. It was totally worth the forty Septim fine.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
I think that tattoo looks pretty good actually, plus it'll earn her major Internet Points in like three years.