Skyrim Fan Takes An Arrow in the Knee

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Skyrim Fan Takes An Arrow in the Knee

Skyrim's "arrow in the knee" meme makes the jump from the internet to some lady's leg.

You can tell your infuriating internet meme has made the big leagues when impressionable types start branding themselves with it. The leg you see to the right, complete with the cartoonish arrow, belongs to tattoo artist Nikkisny. The pic was originally found on website FunnyJunk, along with an amusingly combative essay from Nikkisny:

I have a lot of silly tattoos along with tattoos that mean a lot to me. I am a professional tattoo artist and plan on being heavily covered. So I do NOT need to hear people bitching about how I'll 'regret it later'. I WON'T. I DO NOT REGRET ANY OF MY TATTOOS! I only live once so I'm doing what makes me happy.. whether you approve or not!
For those of you who have no idea what this "arrow in the knee" business is about - presumably because you've just emerged, bleary-eyed, from your stasis pods - it's a reference to an oft-repeated sound bite from Bethesda's Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Pc/dp/B004HYIAPM]. For some reason, town guards - and by this I mean every town guard - will periodically inform the player that they too used to live a life of unfettered freedom and adventure, until their tomb-raiding career was cut tragically short by a crippling knee injury. Haha! You had to give up your dreams and settle for a life of endless drudgery because you were maimed! That's funny.

Source: Funnyjunk [http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2973610/I+used+to+be+an+adventurer+like+you/]

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Damn it I was hoping some crazy fan literally shot himself in the knee. Since that appears to be the only thing that could possibly slow that meme down.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
That title was misleading, but the outcome is still satisfying. I'll put this on the list of videogame related tattoos I want to get.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
So she has a tattoo to remind herself of something that stopped being funny about a week ago? Well at least she wont regret it.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I used to take arrows in the knee until I became a tattoo artist.

INCEPTION!

OT: Well, if she's never gonna regret it, then props to her. I don't like tattoos, but if I ever had to get one, I'd choose something symbolic that wasn't born from the internet and that will be meaningful for years to come. Not...MEMES.
I have a friend who has some Pikachu tattoos above her boobs. While that might be a geek's fantasy, I cannot help but wonder what her story gonna go like when she's narrating it to her grandchildren.

"Granny, what is that? Is that a tattoo of a raisin?"
"It's called a Pikachu. They became extinct one year after I got this..."

Well, you get the idea.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I got the meme when it started, I remembered a few guards saying it in Whiterun. Since the meme went crazy, I haven't heard a single guard mention it. This after making 4 new characters and getting them past level 20. Odd.

Dumb tatoo, but she can think the silly things are important to her. So be it.
I've played about the same amount, yet literally I have never heard a guard say the "arrow to the knee" line. Not once. We should start a club or something.

OT: That's nifty. Now she should quit her day job so she can say "I used to be a tattoo artist, but then I took an arrow to the knee. See? It's right here!"

karkar

Mar 10, 2011
kind of a particularly annoying reference to skyrim. like if it had been some dragon word or badass symbol from the game, i would totally approve. but "arrow to the knee" started to annoy the hell out of me incredibly quickly

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
Vanbael said:
That title was misleading, but the outcome is still satisfying. I'll put this on the list of videogame related tattoos I want to get.
Along with Pac-Man moving up your thigh?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
A: Lamest Meme ever. I guess everyone was looking around desparately because it had been 6 months since SPAAAAAAAACE with nothing really good/new on the horizon.

B: Is this really news worthy? A dumbass permanently scarred herself for something that is going to become tired and cliched in less than a year?

C: Yes, this is proof people are too stupid for their own good. I would say the only thing more brain dead would be to take an actual arrow in the knee, but hell, at least that would show a level of commitment. This is just going to be a passing fad, resulting in a cartoonish looking scar, that can never resemble what it is supposed to due to lack of depth and will become such an obscure reference that it will have to be explained every single time its viewed.

Congratulations, I have been slain by the arrow of unbounded ignorance that boasts a -50 to faith in humanity.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
I used to make arrow to the knee jokes, until, oh, wait, I'm making one right now.....shit.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Compared to tattoos like this one:
It´s really shitty made[footnote]the arrow that is[/footnote] and not even close to the same level of awesomeness.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
kebab4you said:
Compared to tattoos like this one:
It´s really shitty made[footnote]the arrow that is[/footnote] and not even close to the same level of awesomeness.
Dude that tattoo looks like it was made by someone to whom straight lines are a foreign concept. That and that guy really needs a serious waxing.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I thought it was a real case of a fan taking an arrow in the knee.

Oh well, meme status has been confirmed thrice over now.