Skyrim Fan Takes An Arrow in the Knee

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Squilookle said:
what I want to know is

WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED NEWS OF ANY KIND?
It happened, ergo it is news.
Why the hell do people always ***** about what the Escapist publishes?
Don't like it, go to some other video-game website.

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
Sober Thal said:
I got the meme when it started, I remembered a few guards saying it in Whiterun. Since the meme went crazy, I haven't heard a single guard mention it. This after making 4 new characters and getting them past level 20. Odd.

Dumb tatoo, but she can think the silly things are important to her. So be it.
I've actually never heard a guard say it in my game.

ReinWeisserRitter said:
This meme would be worth it if everyone that invoked it actually got shot in the knee.
That's the exact same thing I told somebody on Facebook who made the joke.

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
sir.rutthed said:
Sober Thal said:
I got the meme when it started, I remembered a few guards saying it in Whiterun. Since the meme went crazy, I haven't heard a single guard mention it. This after making 4 new characters and getting them past level 20. Odd.

Dumb tatoo, but she can think the silly things are important to her. So be it.
I've played about the same amount, yet literally I have never heard a guard say the "arrow to the knee" line. Not once. We should start a club or something.

OT: That's nifty. Now she should quit her day job so she can say "I used to be a tattoo artist, but then I took an arrow to the knee. See? It's right here!"
Oh, may I join? And do you have to like the meme in question to become a member?

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
80Maxwell08 said:
Damn it I was hoping some crazy fan literally shot himself in the knee. Since that appears to be the only thing that could possibly slow that meme down.
I was totally expecting the same thing.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Not one I would get, but it's rather stylishly done and doesn't look bad at all. What I want to know is where she has her sweetroll tat.

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
Damn, I was excited over the idea some guy had gotten tired of hearing the joke, so he shot his buddy in the knee with an arrow.

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
I used to whine and complain about overused memes...

...but then I took an arrow in the knee.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Moosejaw said:
And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused.
A good point. I don't think a lot of people get that the endless repetition, and the fact that self-described cynics seem to take the meme personally, is part of the joke.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
I stopped caring about this meme once it started to get told every other minute as a joke at my school.

And nobody there even PLAYS skyrim!

...Yet why do I still find it so funny?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Tattooing a meme into your body?

Pathetic.
Really, that stupid shit stopped being funny after the third time it was told.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Congratulations, you have just tattooed one of the lamest, horribly forced "memes" in recent memory onto your leg.

In other words:
Mobius Evalon said:
Please quit trying so hard to kill this meme. It's on the fast track to the graveyard to sit alongside Portal's "the cake is a lie".
[small]And in any case, Curved. Swords. is a far funnier line.[/small]

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Hazy said:
Congratulations, you have just tattooed one of the lamest, horribly forced "memes" in recent memory onto your leg.

In other words:
Mobius Evalon said:
Please quit trying so hard to kill this meme. It's on the fast track to the graveyard to sit alongside Portal's "the cake is a lie".
[small]And in any case, Curved. Swords. is a far funnier line.[/small]
I like that one. Head it uttered by one of the Riften guards (at the north gate), shortly before I killed him and his friend for not letting my in the posh gate. It must have been the dramatic pause inbetween the two words the second time he say "curved swords".

Though not funny enough to stop me racking up a 15000+ gold bounty in Riften.

I wonder who actually thought this phrase deserved being a meme in the first place. It's not like it can even be applied to different situations like that old favourite, "I never asked for this"...

I have no problems with the tattoo myself though. She could have done much worse.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Grey Carter said:
I have a lot of silly tattoos along with tattoos that mean a lot to me. I am a professional tattoo artist and plan on being heavily covered. So I do NOT need to hear people bitching about how I'll 'regret it later'. I WON'T. I DO NOT REGRET ANY OF MY TATTOOS! I only live once so I'm doing what makes me happy.. whether you approve or not!
She used not to regret any of her tattoos, then she had one based on an internet meme.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
*Cue snobbish, judgemental response like an immature child*

Kidding. I'm not going to judge her for that, but I obviously wouldn't get it myself. Interesting how meme culture spills out into the real world though.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
AmrasCalmacil said:
Squilookle said:
what I want to know is

WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED NEWS OF ANY KIND?
It happened, ergo it is news.
Why the hell do people always ***** about what the Escapist publishes?
Don't like it, go to some other video-game website.
So let me get this straight- you take offence at someone 'bitching' about news on this site. So you ***** about the bitching of this site... on this site.

I dunno mate... any frustration I may or may not have had with this site seems to pale in comparison to yours. You gotta calm down there, buddy!

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this meme has turned stale and unfunny. Heck, I didn't get it until I saw the video. True be told, I never thought it was funny from the start.