Skyrim Fan Takes An Arrow in the Knee

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
While you all might call it "tattooing a jaded meme", I call it "long-term planning for when the joke becomes retro". Should be just a year or two.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Moosejaw said:
And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused.
A good point. I don't think a lot of people get that the endless repetition, and the fact that self-described cynics seem to take the meme personally, is part of the joke.
So it's either trolling, or parroting.

I think people have a right to get pissy about seeing memes everywhere. It's spam, pure and simple. A person can get a warning on this site for low content posts, but posting something as worthless as an arrow to the knee joke is fine. That makes no sense.

Carl The Manicorn

Jun 16, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Moosejaw said:
And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused.
A good point. I don't think a lot of people get that the endless repetition, and the fact that self-described cynics seem to take the meme personally, is part of the joke.
It's like a troll within a troll. Trollception.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Djinn8 said:
Grey Carter said:
Moosejaw said:

I think people have a right to get pissy about seeing memes everywhere.
That they do, and I have a right to laugh at them.

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
I wish the arrow wasn't so cartoonish...nobody would know its a skyrim reference if they saw that tattoo.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
I used to think the arrow in the knee meme was funny but then bethesda studios actually shot me in the knee with an arrow and asked me how i liked it now... EIther way, the title here is misleading.

Kaisar

Feb 2, 2011
I've been so desensitized by the meme that when guards say it... meh. I now kill any guard that regurgitates it.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
I'm sorry, but did I miss something? How did something an NPC said become this "hilarious"? I didn't even know something could be so incredibly unfunny.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Wow... some people's sense for humor must be dead for a long time to find this meme funny at all.

She can talk all she wants, but she will regret it in less than a month.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Djinn8 said:
Grey Carter said:
Moosejaw said:

I think people have a right to get pissy about seeing memes everywhere.
That they do, and I have a right to laugh at them.
Thing is, this meme isn't funny. It's just an obnoxious reference to a game. There are funny memes that are still worth bringing up. That's why the instant backlash because using it in another context feels contrived.

And I don't know why I'm intellectualizing the whole affair.

Feb 9, 2011
I love all the people that are bitching over this tattoo and have since said she will regret it. I'm quite positive she knows her interests better than we do considering we don't actually know anything about her.

Love how people on the internet always seem to know what's best for people and situations they know nothing about.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
We are aware that taking an arrow in the knee would likely cut arteries or veins or damage you in some way much like being shot would do and thus you would die?

This meme makes no sense if all that encounter it inevitably die.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Soooo... how long till someone gets FUS ROH DAH tattooed somewhere?

If i was her i would have put a Target on my knee, to show where the arrow goes.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Delsana said:
We are aware that taking an arrow in the knee would likely cut arteries or veins or damage you in some way much like being shot would do and thus you would die?

That's not true, a person could easily survive an arrow to the knee. Now if they could still walk afterwards is a different story.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
krazykidd said:
Delsana said:

That's not true, a person could easily survive an arrow to the knee. Now if they could still walk afterwards is a different story.
That's like people saying you could survive a bullet to the knee or the foot or the leg or the left side of the chest and be fine... and the military proved that one wrong with a lot of documents and doctors.

I don't think you know much about how veins work.