Skyrim Fan Takes An Arrow in the Knee

wottabout

May 4, 2011
Well, if she's planning on completely covering herself in tattoos, then she can definitely afford to put some silly memes onto her skin. She's a professional tattoo artist, so she is clearly devoted to her tattoos. Under her circumstances, I find this perfectly reasonable. I hope that she finds success in her tattoo business and gets a small laugh whenever she looks at her knee.

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
Moeez said:
Grey Carter said:
Djinn8 said:
Grey Carter said:
Moosejaw said:
And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused.
A good point. I don't think a lot of people get that the endless repetition, and the fact that self-described cynics seem to take the meme personally, is part of the joke.
So it's either trolling, or parroting.

I think people have a right to get pissy about seeing memes everywhere.
That they do, and I have a right to laugh at them.
Thing is, this meme isn't funny. It's just an obnoxious reference to a game. There are funny memes that are still worth bringing up. That's why the instant backlash because using it in another context feels contrived.

And I don't know why I'm intellectualizing the whole affair.
"Funny" is a matter of perspective. One person's funny is another's insufferable. Besides, in my opinion the funniest thing about the arrow in the knee meme is the fact that it makes so many people so incredibly indignant.

But that's just my opinion.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Delsana said:
krazykidd said:
Delsana said:
We are aware that taking an arrow in the knee would likely cut arteries or veins or damage you in some way much like being shot would do and thus you would die?

This meme makes no sense if all that encounter it inevitably die.
That's not true, a person could easily survive an arrow to the knee. Now if they could still walk afterwards is a different story.
That's like people saying you could survive a bullet to the knee or the foot or the leg or the left side of the chest and be fine... and the military proved that one wrong with a lot of documents and doctors.

I don't think you know much about how veins work.
So, you think no one has taken a shot to the knee and survived? Depending on how you tend to the wound afterwards greatly influences if you die or not. A bullet is a little different because chances are that the bullet would go straight through your knee. An arrow is more likely to stop midway ( depend on the distance and kind of arrow you use ). Even then a person could get their entire leg cut off and still survive depending on the circumstance. The most important thing to do in a situation like that is to stop the bleeding, with just an arrow to the knee it's not very hard to do . Of course you would bleed out given time, but once you stop ( or at least slow down ) , your survival rate increases .

Taking a shot to the knee , foot or leg is easily treatable ( and yes you will die if it's not tended to )but it doesn't mean instant death. A shot to the chest is a little more complicated because you could pierce a vital organ.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
To be honest, if I were to ever get a tatoo, it would probably be one like Carpe Diem, (Seize the Day) NOT an internet meme. I don't even get why it's so popular.

And just for the Hell of it, I used to think this joke was funny, then I took common sense to the face.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
viranimus said:
C: Yes, this is proof people are too stupid for their own good. I would say the only thing more brain dead would be to take an actual arrow in the knee, but hell, at least that would show a level of commitment. This is just going to be a passing fad, resulting in a cartoonish looking scar, that can never resemble what it is supposed to due to lack of depth and will become such an obscure reference that it will have to be explained every single time its viewed.

Congratulations, I have been slain by the arrow of unbounded ignorance that boasts a -50 to faith in humanity.
The Cool Kid said:
"I'm defacing my body to make myself happy"
Yeah because this screams security with oneself.

Stupid tattoo, most likely odd woman.
Amazed to see all the ignorant comments towards people that get tattoos.
People don't get tattoos because they are insecure about their appearance and different tattoos mean different things to different people. Just because you wouldn't get a tattoo it doesn't mean that people who do are 'idiots.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
new_age_reject said:
People don't get tattoos because they are insecure about their appearance and different tattoos mean different things to different people. Just because you wouldn't get a tattoo it doesn't mean that people who do are 'idiots.
Hrm. I think you got me wrong there. Not only do I have ink. I have designed ink for other people. I do not assume people with tattoos are idiots. I said that this woman is proof that people in general are too stupid for their own good by defacing herself with a moronic meme that will loose relevance in less than 5 years, does not look good, and will fail to convey the message it was intended to make.

Tattoos arent a sign of idiocy. What some people do with them is. If you need proof look no further than http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
creationis apostate said:
Yopaz said:
So she has a tattoo to remind herself of something that stopped being funny about a week ago? Well at least she wont regret it.
It was funny at some point?
Maybe for someone. I don't see it myself though.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Further proof that most tattoo lovers are nothing but freaks who are desperate for attention. I mean, if the tattoo was any good, I could at least appreciate the art, but holy hell, that is one ugly drawn arrow and entry wound.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
The Human Torch said:
Further proof that most tattoo lovers are nothing but freaks who are desperate for attention. I mean, if the tattoo was any good, I could at least appreciate the art, but holy hell, that is one ugly drawn arrow and entry wound.
She's a tattoo artist ... You do realize to practice regularly they have to perform on themselves because it's a liability to do it on other. Besides, by the sounds of things she's just doing it for a bit of fun. It also appear to be done in a cartoonish manner on purpose, perhaps she didn't want to ink a pictorial of a gaping wound on her leg so she took a more stylized version?

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:
She's a tattoo artist ... You do realize to practice regularly they have to perform on themselves because it's a liability to do it on other. Besides, by the sounds of things she's just doing it for a bit of fun. It also appear to be done in a cartoonish manner on purpose, perhaps she didn't want to ink a pictorial of a gaping wound on her leg so she took a more stylized version?
I get that you have to practice to improve your art, use pigskin or just plain paper for that. Also, I saw that it was supposed to be a lighthearted, cartoonish arrow, but it's still ugly (in my opinion, all rights reserved).

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
The Human Torch said:
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:
I get that you have to practice to improve your art, use pigskin or just plain paper for that. Also, I saw that it was supposed to be a lighthearted, cartoonish arrow, but it's still ugly (in my opinion, all rights reserved).
Personally when I see this, I don't have some stupid meme pop into my head, I just remember the game Skyrim and that's what I'm assuming she's likely thinking as well. Gaming can be a strong passion for some people, if one has a collection of tattoo's on their body displaying their passions who are we to judge. I'm certain no one would be bitching if they had a triforce inked on their body somewhere (Ok a lie but it would be far less bitching)

Also, A friend of mine is a tattoo artist, the reason they have to experiment on themselves isn't so much that they have to make the stencil, it's how you etch it into the skin and how you deal with the curves of the human body and the texture of the skin. he explained it further but I don't quite remember all of it.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:
Personally when I see this, I don't have some stupid meme pop into my head, I just remember the game Skyrim and that's what I'm assuming she's likely thinking as well. Gaming can be a strong passion for some people, if one has a collection of tattoo's on their body displaying their passions who are we to judge. I'm certain no one would be bitching if they had a triforce inked on their body somewhere (Ok a lie but it would be far less bitching)

Also, A friend of mine is a tattoo artist, the reason they have to experiment on themselves isn't so much that they have to make the stencil, it's how you etch it into the skin and how you deal with the curves of the human body and the texture of the skin. he explained it further but I don't quite remember all of it.
This thread is about a Skyrim fan, who is also a tattoo artist who took a drawn arrow to the knee. I don't care much for her reasons, whether it's passion or plain sillyness. I threw my two cents into the hat, and with all respect to you, your tattoo artist friend and the topic person, I really don't like tattoos.
I appreciate the art when it's well done, and can even admire it, but not on flesh. Creeps me out. :)

And yeah, at one point you have to bite the bullet and experiment on a real person. All the more reason for me to not even attempt it.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
The Human Torch said:
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:
tobi the good boy said:
The Human Torch said:

This thread is about a Skyrim fan, who is also a tattoo artist who took a drawn arrow to the knee. I don't care much for her reasons, whether it's passion or plain sillyness. I threw my two cents into the hat, and with all respect to you, your tattoo artist friend and the topic person, I really don't like tattoos.
I appreciate the art when it's well done, and can even admire it, but not on flesh. Creeps me out. :)

And yeah, at one point you have to bite the bullet and experiment on a real person. All the more reason for me to not even attempt it.
It's all good, I have no desire for tattoo's myself but, like you I just wanted to convey what I thought. I'm pretty sure both of us aren't keen for an argument because we both understand where each others coming from so I'll just wish you a good day and a tip of my hat. Cya :D

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
tobi the good boy said:
It's all good, I have no desire for tattoo's myself but, like you I just wanted to convey what I thought. I'm pretty sure both of us aren't keen for an argument because we both understand where each others coming from so I'll just wish you a good day and a tip of my hat. Cya :D
I never mind a good tattoo argument, but only over a good beer, in a nice warm pub.

I will be there at 19.00 this evening, find me. :p

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Eeek a tattoo of one of the worst and least funny internet memes currently circulating.

Mind, I generally dislike memes. They just scream "I have nothing funny to say so I'll repeat what millions have before me. That'll make me funny!"

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
It's a cool tattoo. Doesn't have to be a Skyrim reference, it could just be an arrow tattoo.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
The Cool Kid said:
new_age_reject said:
viranimus said:
C: Yes, this is proof people are too stupid for their own good. I would say the only thing more brain dead would be to take an actual arrow in the knee, but hell, at least that would show a level of commitment. This is just going to be a passing fad, resulting in a cartoonish looking scar, that can never resemble what it is supposed to due to lack of depth and will become such an obscure reference that it will have to be explained every single time its viewed.

Congratulations, I have been slain by the arrow of unbounded ignorance that boasts a -50 to faith in humanity.
The Cool Kid said:
"I'm defacing my body to make myself happy"
Yeah because this screams security with oneself.

Stupid tattoo, most likely odd woman.
Well that's a nice comment. Shame it has nothing to do with what was said.
To get such a meaningless tattoo is just stupid, and to coat your body with tats? Well either you are Yakuza, or you hate your body otherwise why deface it with a load of poorly done and usually meaningless artwork? Did Monet or the Masters ever use flesh as a canvas? No, they didn't. I rest my case.
Your case is pretty much wrong and did not prove a thing. Just because YOU don't think tattoos are worth it doesn't mean it's worthless to someone else. But coming from you, if it doesn't agree with your point of view then its wrong.

Though I guess this is going to go on deaf ears once again and your just going to say "everyone who disagrees with me is immature and/or is moron and will never be able to work in the office.

(Btw, how many people actually do work in a office? Perhaps that's not their cup of tea)

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Squilookle said:
what I want to know is

WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED NEWS OF ANY KIND?
You know I used to care about what is and isn't useful news....

Until I took an arrow to the knee

Okay I'm sorry I had to. That's like tossing me a softball