Skyrim fans aren't superior to MW3 fans.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Satsuki666 said:
Conza said:
I was with you right up until you said that point. Yes true, no one is better than anyone else 'really' but if you did a study, I'm sure you'd find that more intelligent people play Skyrim than MW3, let?s face it, Skyrim is a different sort of game.
If you think you are better then somebody because of the games you play then you are a dumbfuck. I apply that statement to anybody who thinks they are better then somebody because they have different opinions on purely subjective material.

Also your post makes you look like an uptight elistest fuckwad who I would love to punch in the face if I ever met in real life. Just letting you know how you are coming across.
Well, considering you'd be severely beaten if that ever happened, be thankful you're in another continent.

Anyway, if you bothered to read my entire post, I didn't say Skyrim players were better. So before you start insulting people, get your facts straight.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
I like both games. That must mean I'm superior to myself.
does it also mean you hate yourself, as the stereotype seems to be that the two camps are diametrically opposed?

Are you going to flame yourself? Perhaps send yourself articles that conveniently bash each game to show you're better than you?

...Man, I put waaay too much thought into that.

wurrble182

Jul 20, 2010
i think people don't like MW3 not because it's an inherently terrible game, but because of the trends that it represents and continues that most old school gamers are offendeded by - the focus on multiplayer, the non-entity six hour campaign, the creatively bankrupt staring at the back of a gun barrel in a world of exotic grey and brown locales. Whereas Skyrim ... is the polar opposite.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Bobic said:
I'm sorry but you are just plain wrong. Mechanical pencils are clearly better than pens. You make a mistake with a pen you have to make a mess and scribble it out, or even worse tippex. Mechanical pencils though, best of both worlds. Erasable and neat.
That was a horrible analogy and I should know, my analogies suck.

Let me try. It would be like comparing Cars vs Trucks. Now trucks you can go off road, you don't have to worry about floods as much, but they tend to burn a crap ton of gas and they don't fit in tight spaces.

Cars on the other hand are gas efficient and can fit pretty much anywhere you can stuff it. But it can't go off road.

SEE! I'm horrible!
---
Let me try this another way. They are both games, they both have followers. I can see how some people would consider MW3 players as dumb semi homo-erotic meat heads. But it takes incredible amount of reaction time and fast paced strategy. Yes I said strategy, one can not simply walk down the street like the incredible hulk and not expect to get picked off.

I can see some people thinking Skyrim players are fat, fantasy dorks, with anime pictures all over their walls. But Skyrim has an insane story and a level of character development that you wont find in a game like MW3. There is more complex strategy, but its slower, more relaxed.

So what if MW3 is just a slightly updated version of MW2. If all my friends were buying the new game well then hot damn I would make sure that I can still play with them. Who cares if it made a crap ton of money, good for them. MW3 just turned heads in the entertainment industry and thats a good thing for all of us. Skyrim, is from a series of games that have been around since DOS. Its has a very hardcore fanbase, so of course many of them are going to tear down other players who threaten their baby.

However, We are both gamers, we just prefer one genre to another a little more. We play them to have fun, end of story.

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
And I like both games so I am inferior to myself.

Yup, I'm a glass half empty sort of person.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
Indeed it must! Hang on doesn't that make a paradox???

My way of seeing it is;
Whiny fanboy = jerk, therfore;
MW3 fanboy = Skyrim fanboy = jerk

Wait a minute... Me = Skyrim fanboy... does that mean Me = jerk???
This is a most disturbing development...

Internet is the breeding ground, hunting ground and *something else pretentious I couldn't come up with on the spot* of trolls, fanboys and the other social undesirables that fortunately don't exist in the real world (unless its Celtic fans vs Rangers fans... man that's an argument thats painful to listen to *cringes at memories of high school*)

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Well, there is some truth there.

Liking Skyrim over MW3, of course, doesn't make you automatically superior to the MW3 crowd. However, statistically speaking, People who like MW3 over Skyrim tend to be dumber than people who like Skyrim. My bro works at a game shop and he had to put up with a lot of stupid people on MW3's opening night.

Further, a mechanical pencil is, most of the time, better than a ballpoint but sometimes though, like in signing contracts, something permanent like a ballpoint would be the utensil of choice.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
easternflame said:
Quoting: Youre doing it wrong. AAAND I CORRECTED YOUR POST.
Not that that matters though...
AAAANYWAY, No one talking about superiority, it's just a fact ;) By taking this too seriously, you're just giving me more to go on.
Since you're obviously a fan of skyrim, so I'm going to stop generalising and say this directly to you. Just because a lot of people on the escapist - A generally intelligent and well balanced community - like skyrim and think MW3 is shit, that doesn't make them correct. Just as the MW3 community probably think skyrim is shit. Neither of you is right, and neither of you is wrong. However, I judge everyone (you included, by the looks of things) who gets a massive superiority complex-boner over the fact that the games they enjoy are 'better' to be an asshole not worth my time.

shadow_Fox81

Jul 29, 2011
c'mon man.

have you met the Cod fanbase, the reason they are inferior (yes inferior) is because they don't care about games.

what was it 6.5 million copies, i bet you most of them are people who exclusively play Cod.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
People on the internet dislike something I like.

I hit it off quite well with a nice girl last night.

One of the above statements I couldn't care less about if I was on fire. Anyone with the whole self-superior attitude can go shove it, while I play some MW3. After I get some milk (damn you dairy products!).

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
C2Ultima said:
If you honestly think that you are superior to someone because they don't like the same things you do , you are truly pathetic, and have no business forcing your opinions on other people as if they were objective facts.
You believe yourself superior to people who like doing something you don't (game elitism).
You are forcing your opinions on them ("you are pathetic for doing this").
You are stating all of those opinions as objective facts.
And you are insulting this demographic, completely oblivious to the fact that you are among its numbers.

I thank you for this bounty of unadulterated irony, OP, it's rare to witness such a gleaming example in the wild.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
> People don't like what I like!
> I like what people like!
> Why don't they like what I like?

There, you see that? That's what you just said minus the fluff.

And before you go on:

> Linked to picture about more people liking skyrim on a pole
> People who like skyrim are pleased by this
> The thread below the image has an almost even amount of people hating on Skyrim and MW3
> Link to forum talking about obnoxious player in an MMO (Not an uncommon thing)

So again, your point was:

> People don't like what I like!
> I like what people like!
> Why don't they like what I like?

I fail to see why this couldn't have just been a 'why do people feel superior to CoD players?' thread; Which, if you didn't know, is a topic that's been done to death here and around gaming forums net wide.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
joe-h2o said:
Bobic said:
I'm sorry but you are just plain wrong. Mechanical pencils are clearly better than pens. You make a mistake with a pen you have to make a mess and scribble it out, or even worse tippex. Mechanical pencils though, best of both worlds. Erasable and neat.
No, no, no! Mechanical pencils are the devil's work. You need a real, wooden pencil and a decent pencil sharpener.

Anything else is just nonsense!
Pencil sharpeners? Pah! While I'm fetching your pencil sharpener, how about I hire a servant to turn your head for you?

Back in my day, you got a pencil and a pocket knife to sharpen it with and got sent to a twelve hour shift in the lead mines!