Skyrim - My Wife Sleeps in the Basement

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I purchased the Windhelm house, but the murder scene bugged out and won't go away. So I've turned that secret area into the "time-out" room. You get in my way while dungeon delving? I will shut you in the gore closet for weeks.

Still haven't gotten married, though. I'm waiting for the right person.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
In every game I've ever played where there is a love/romance/marriage mechanic it's always akward, weird and usually a pain in the ass.
Plus for reasons I'm not sure about I just feel like my Dark Elf Master of the Thieves guild is gay. I don't know why, it's not like your character has a personality. I just think he is.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Thyunda said:
WalrusPowers said:
DC_Josh said:
Murder her. Marry a better wife.

I mean it worked for Henry VIII.
No it didn't...
Yes it did. Eight times.
Well, only twice.
Though I think his point was it didn't work out WELL for him.
...It did, though. I mean, he was a king. That's pretty awesome in my books.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
JoesshittyOs said:
I've caught the Raj virus as well. Where art thou?
Oh Raj oh Raj, where art thou? Wit thine invisibility potion and thine Wife Mjoll?

All hail Raj! The true hero, dragonborn, dovahkiin, house cat, husband of Wife Mjoll and the user of Razor!

Raj. Raj. Raj. RAAAAJ.

FUS ROH RAJ!!!

For the Raj!
For the Raj!
For the sake of the kitty!

But! There is one they fear....
In their tongue, he is dovahkitty, DRAGONCAT.

Let me guess, someone stole your invisibility potion?

There once was a hero named Raj the Red,
Who came riding down from old Wife Mjoll's bed.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I didn't plan on getting married either, but then I did, to the follower you get when you buy the Solitude home, I still didn't really care, until I went home, and she promptly gave me lots of money, some pie, and the dark brotherhood hood that I had dropped for forgotten reasons some time ago, yay Skyrim marriage!

kromify

Feb 9, 2011
I married Scouts-Many-Marshes, and I still like him. I've had a few broken engagments because I wanted to marry a fellow Breton, but the only ones I could find were complete A-holes so I was compelled to ditch them. In the end I just went with a likable fella. He works on the enchanting table and brings in money from his mail-order business. No complaints.

When I eventually finish this character and create an Imperial-siding High Elf I will have a hard time finding a better husband! But for variability I suppose I should try.

I thought marriage was missing from Oblivion, and it's turned out more or less as I suspected it would. Thumbs up!

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I married Camilla. I am an Argonian.

I find it sexy for a Human Female to like a Male Anything, but with the other way around....no.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
I am sad.

There is no Raj.

We can all just go and jump off the Throat of the World now.
Or....

We could Fus Ro Dah ourselves off the edge!

"FOS RO DAH!"

*flying backwards*

"WEEEEEEEEEEE"

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Raj has slept in basement many times!
Not because he does not love Mjoll. Mostly because fear of death in sleep due to hammer.

But should not take it as insult. Take as compliment! Means you are good with dagger or spell! Raj always sees Wife Mjoll anger as a compliment. Means did something right!

Or wrong, depending on view. How would you consider hiding dead body in chimney? Not that Raj put him there. No stab wounds on his body. Definitely not.

Reaper3077

Dec 29, 2011
Good news is now my patio door works just fine. Bad news is she still sleeps in the basement. I don't know if this is typical 360 stuff the NPC'S do, but I just found het wearing nothing but a sword while making potions... I guess next time I drink one of her restore health potions, I'd better check for hairs...

The_Merchant

Nov 9, 2011
Cant we just create a chatroom for you guys to talk about your skyrim moments and the likes instead of creating new threads?

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
I'd imagine all of this stuff wouldn't be hard to fix on a PC, or did they not release the editor yet?

Thoranhaxmaul

Dec 4, 2012
Here's what you do;
Just put a bunch of crap ( say, pots, buckets etc) on the basement bed. Worked like a charm.

As for making her wear what you want, here's the thing;
There's 3 basic ways to swap stuff with Npcs, "trade", "purchase" and " pickpocke".
All 3 of which are possible with wives.
Like followers, wives generally wear their default armour, unless you give them even better armour. And their default armour cannot be swaped in any of the above 3 ways, unless they have better armour, in which case they'll move their default armour from their "inventory" to their "store" then you can simply buy their default armour, then even more simply just take back the awesome armour you just gave them. They'll then be in a brownish yellow bikini. Then you can make them wear anything you want. . Oh, you have to let them keep at least one part of their default armour though ( at least in their inventory) otherwise the game will think she's "naked" and return the entire set. I suggest letting her keep either her wristbands or her shoes.

Also, it's the armour level not enchantments that NPCs define as "better". To improve armour you have to take it to a workbench, although I don't think the tarn wench dress can be improved at all.

Short version,; give her dwarf armour or something, buy her default armour, take the dwarf armour back, give her a skimpy dress, then dump crap on her bed. Women LOVE getting treated like that. But let her keep her wristbands.