Skyrim Patch 1.3 Blows into Xbox Live

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Skyrim Patch 1.3 Blows into Xbox Live

The latest fix finally lands on Xbox Live.

We backwards-flying dragons [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114586-Skyrim-Patch-1-3-Fixes-Dragons-Buffs-Books].

"1.3 update now on Xbox LIVE," read the Tweet from Bethesda [https://twitter.com/#!/ElderScrolls/status/147294481824223232].

For those of you wondering what this patch actually fixes, here's those lovely patch notes again:

General stability improvements
Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

Lets get a show of hands of how many people are going to turn on their console as soon as they get home from school/work to get that update cooking? *too many to count* That's what I thought.

And for you PC users who have been playing with this patch already and looking down upon your console brethren, take a look at my latest list of mods you can download to feel even more superior [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/misc/9279-More-Skyrim-Mods].

Source: Bethesda [http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1308294-update-13/]

tlozoot

Feb 8, 2010
No fix for the Markarth Forsworn Conspiracy quest bug? Damnit, I want to do the first Dark Brotherhood mission. =/

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Normally, I complain about no getting games on Day One, but it seems this time I might have dodged a bit of a bullet.

Gonna have one hell of a patch to download when I get Skyrim though =)

Mar 30, 2010
Huzzah! Finally, I can hunt dragons again!

Bit sad about the fixing of the radiant story though. I was highly amused when I found the dead body of an NPC who had just been killed by a Spriggan and looted her stuff on the basis that she didn't need it anymore - only to be ambushed by a group of thugs three days later that had (apparently) been hired by the dead NPC to teach me a lesson for thieving her gear! It was immersion-breaking I'll admit, but it was also so funny I nearly sprayed my mug of tea across the room.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
tlozoot said:
No fix for the Markarth Forsworn Conspiracy quest bug? Damnit, I want to do the first Dark Brotherhood mission. =/
No quest fixes until January at the earliest according to Bethesda.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
tlozoot said:
I got rid of that glitch. The stormcloaks were in charge of Markarth so I joined the imperial army and wiped them out!!! Problem solved!!!

d43dr34m3r

Sep 28, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:

Bit sad about the fixing of the radiant story though. I was highly amused when I found the dead body of an NPC who had just been killed by a Spriggan and looted her stuff on the basis that she didn't need it anymore - only to be ambushed by a group of thugs three days later that had (apparently) been hired by the dead NPC to teach me a lesson for thieving her gear! It was immersion-breaking I'll admit, but it was also so funny I nearly sprayed my mug of tea across the room.
Hey in a world where necromancers are as numerous as cockroaches no one stays dead forever. And everyone knows the first thing to do when snatched back from the jaws of the eternal rest is check your pockets to make sure everything's there. Zombies are too slow to track a Dovakhin who travels across Skyrim on a daily basis, so she'd have to farm it out to some bandits. It all makes complete sense and should just strengthen your suspension of disbelief.

Mar 30, 2010
d43dr34m3r said:
Grouchy Imp said:

Hey in a world where necromancers are as numerous as cockroaches no one stays dead forever. And everyone knows the first thing to do when snatched back from the jaws of the eternal rest is check your pockets to make sure everything's there. Zombies are too slow to track a Dovakhin who travels across Skyrim on a daily basis, so she'd have to farm it out to some bandits. It all makes complete sense and should just strengthen your suspension of disbelief.
Aaw crap, I'd forgotten about Necromancers. Although I think finding out who'd nicked their 12 gold and spelltome of sparks would be the last thing on the mind of someone I'd killed. I think perhaps their primary concern would have more to do with the pose they woke up in...

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Any early feedback on what this patch broke?

In any case, I'm done with Skyrim until the DLC comes out, so I'm not too concerned.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
I was lucky and avoided the patch 1.2 update, so i played without it and was eagerly awaiting patch 1.3... however now its here im tempted to avoid the patch 1.3 for another day or two pending more feedback

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Its on PS3 now as well, downloaded and installed at 92mb, i havent envoutered any quest bugs yet so I dont know if it has solved any

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Pipotchi said:
Its on PS3 now as well, downloaded and installed at 92mb, i havent envoutered any quest bugs yet so I dont know if it has solved any
I have version 1.2 on PS3, and it's not updating to 1.3. I am definitely connected to the network. Are you sure you got 1.3?

My guess is that 1.3, if it's actually not yet available, will appear on Tuesday, which is the traditional PSN release day.

(EDIT: Version of Skyrim update file in Game Data folder is 1.02)

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Patch 1.3 killed my Skyrim. Played it for over 100 hours without crashing, and now it crashes every 15 - 20 mins. No error, just straight to desktop. I have tried every fix on the internet but none work. Bloody steam forcing updates on you, I would have left my Skyrim at 1.1 and be playing happily.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Greg Tito said:
We PC users have been smugly enjoying a bug-free Skyrim for a week now.
No we haven't. A slightly less buggy than 1.2 Skyrim maybe, but still incredibly buggy for a game that's actually been released and isn't still in beta.