[SKYRIM;PC;WTF BUG] Alduin the Unkillable

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
First and foremost,I'm running the PC version of Skyrim. I have 18 mods. They are...

-Psychosteve's Dragon Priest Masks (Workshop)
-Reduced Dual Casting Spell Costs (Workshop)
-Enchanting Freedom (Workshop)
-Enhanced High-Level Gameplay (Workshop)
-Lightweight Potions and Poisons (Workshop)
-Midas Magic - Spells for Skyrim (Workshop)
-Detailed Mine Map Markers (Workshop)
-More Dragon Loot (Workshop)
-NPCs Use Ammo (Workshop)
-Legible Road Signs High Res (Workshop)
-House Map Markers by Smakit (Workshop)
-Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons (Workshop)
-Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds (Workshop)
-Stronger Daedric Artifacts (Workshop)
-Vibrant Auroras (Workshop)
-Smeltdown (Workshop)
-Item Rewards For Bounties 1.11 WG (Workshop)
-Realistic Lighting (Nexus)
-Realistic Lighting Patcher (Nexus)
-Dragons Diversified (Workshop)

My bug? Alduin takes no damage from any source,no matter his state of flight during the quest "Alduin's Bane". If your memory needs jogging,it's the quest where you get the Dragonrend shout,and your objective is,quite explicitly,to defeat Alduin.

I ground Alduin with Dragonrend,I Rendlock him. I throw my Midas Magma Balls at him. The spell has a very long burn time,and deals 20 damage on impact,singlecasted. I dualcast it. The burn effect stacks. You can see how this spell can make anything but Flame Atronachs die fast,given multiple applications.

When I hit him with my Magma Balls,NOTHING HAPPENS. I get a health bar that doesn't empty with the damage I pour onto him. Alduin doesn't ignite. I figured he may be immune to fire or being ignited,so I pull out Dragonbane and a Blades katana,and have at him. Still nothing. I pull out Volendrung. Nothing happens,I don't even absorb stamina.

So,long and short is,Alduin is 100% indestructible for me. I tried waiting for his speech to end,which didn't work. I tried a pre-emptive strike,which didn't work. Alduin is,quite simply,impossible for me to damage due to a bug.

I need a solution. I have no way to fight him if I can't even hurt him.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
I hate doing this,but I'm bumping the thread. I need a solution,and I'd rather NOT start all over again. Please,someone,I need help!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Console kill him maybe?
I don't know if it'll work, but it's all I can think of.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I encountered the same bug without the mods, use the console to kill him.

Tab, click on Alduin, and type in kill or killall. Then continue being a boss.

Milo Mesdag

Aug 31, 2010
I had the same problem, and I turned off the Dragons Diversified mod, and the problem stopped, but only for about two fights (I died twice) and then he started being unkillable again. Then I switched save files and managed to kill him. I'm now having the same problem fighting Odahviing. And I've turned off all of my mods, yet he still isn't dying. I'll try console commands, thanks.