Skyrim Premium Edition Appears on Amazon.de - UPDATED

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
Eleima said:
Snowblindblitz said:
The book is "The Infernal City".

I think it might have some relevance to the next announced DLC, but I won't really know since I have a PS3 and all that jazz.
Not likely. The Infernal City takes place about 30 years after the Oblivion Crisis if I recall correctly. The likelihood of it having any significance 200 years later and in Skyrim (which I didn't even come close to, it drifted from the Black Marsh to Morrowind) is rather slim. Probably just threw it in there hoping people will shell out the money for the sequel.

Yeah, like other posters said, I'll pass. It's puzzling to see them release this now, almost a year after the first launch.
Sorry, I was being vague there, I just meant the whole exploding of Morrowwind bit and the Dark Elves needing a new home. I don't read much extra lore, I just knew that novel was the first place I heard that, and I heard Skyrim's next DLC has to do with the Dunmer finding a home in Skyrim.

I make big, way out there connections between things. Probably from reading too much Grant Morrison.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Snowblindblitz said:
Sorry, I was being vague there, I just meant the whole exploding of Morrowwind bit and the Dark Elves needing a new home. I don't read much extra lore, I just knew that novel was the first place I heard that, and I heard Skyrim's next DLC has to do with the Dunmer finding a home in Skyrim.
I make big, way out there connections between things. Probably from reading too much Grant Morrison.
And I was probably not fully awake to boot!
I see your point now, and that's really interesting, I hadn't thought of it that way. I read the novel (which I didn't like much, to be honest, I thought the writing was very poor), and I've played Skyrim, but hadn't made the connection. We'll see what they have in store for us on the DLC front, but at this point, I'm having a hard time completing even Dawnguard. There are just so many other games to play, so little time to play them in, and after over 200 hours of Skyrim, I feel I'm pretty much "done" with it now.

So yeah, no desire to buy a Premium copy here.

Tamrin

Nov 12, 2011
Doom972 said:
mad825 said:
Reselling the same shit.

This is something that should've been a pre-order only edition not several bloody months down the line.
It doesn't even make sense from the publisher's side. Anyone enthusiastic enough to pay the extra money for the additional stuff, probably already bought the game.
Not to mention those that paid [$174.95] for the Collector's Edition.

Andy Chalk said:
What isn't clear, along with certain aspects of the Google translation, is whether the Premium Edition will include the Dawnguard and/or Hearthfire DLC. We dropped a line to Bethesda to ask about that and whether this thing will see a release outside of Germany - it's not currently listed on Amazon.com - and thus far, we haven't heard back. We'll update if and when we do.
When it doesn't already say if it's included then that's a bad sign. Look at Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition & the new inFAMOUS Collection for sale.

Edit:

Andy Chalk said:
UPDATE: As promised, here's the update with information provided to us by Bethesda. The Skyrim Premium Edition will apparently only be released in Benelux, Germany and the U.K., the novel (as someone else pointed out) is actually The Infernal City in English and neither Dawnguard nor Hearthfire will be included. Not a terrible deal if you don't already have Skyrim, in other words, but hardly a must-buy if you do.
This is my shocked face.

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
Eleima said:
Snowblindblitz said:
And I was probably not fully awake to boot!
I see your point now, and that's really interesting, I hadn't thought of it that way. I read the novel (which I didn't like much, to be honest, I thought the writing was very poor), and I've played Skyrim, but hadn't made the connection. We'll see what they have in store for us on the DLC front, but at this point, I'm having a hard time completing even Dawnguard. There are just so many other games to play, so little time to play them in, and after over 200 hours of Skyrim, I feel I'm pretty much "done" with it now.

So yeah, no desire to buy a Premium copy here.
I hear you, the first time I read it was before getting into Oblivion and Skryim, and I found in confusing, in addition to being written poorly. Add to that a very unresolved ending, and I just felt let down. I re-read it after reading tons of in game lore books, and got a bit more out of it, but it still suffers from the other two points I (and you) brought up.

My problem with Skyrim is I play for a little bit, get some chuckles, then go back to Dark Souls. Hopefully, Dishonored gives me another good game when it comes out.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
honestdiscussioner said:
I just want them to come out with the rest of the DLC so we can get the GotY edition and I can replay it from scratch.
Amen.

I am doing the exact same thing, soon as the GOTY edition is out i'll quite happily buy Skyrim again, but till then. nope. certainly not buying a glorified box edition which is exactly the same as what i already own minus a T-shirt and some shinys

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Why?
Just why?

I mean honestly Bethesda this is just pathetic.
I like Skyrim a lot.
But I would never think of getting this.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Why the hell not? Sucks that the DLC is not included, but the exclusive German content is nice. Besides, not everyone has the dough or the shelf space for that badass Akatosh statue.

Although to really make it desirable, they should have included the full soundtrack. Anything to not have to deal with DirectSong.