Skyrim. R.I.P. Companions.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
If
PureIrony said:
R.I.P. Maurice. You never got to see the eldergleam sanctuary.

Granted, it probably would have been a better idea to stay back and let me handle that three-way fight between a giant and a dragon, but still, hell of a way die.

You annoying unarmed french bastard.
Who is this Maurice and where can I find him

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
Maybe I'll find out later... but how do all these companions actually die? I've had my low level mage's bacon saved dozens of times by Lydia. Though one of these days I may end her for constantly blocking doorways I want to get through...

And Shadowmere, really? That horse has been my stealthy assassin's trusty steed for absolutely ages and has yet to fail me by dying all over the place.

Ethan Shipman

Jun 26, 2012
I have more deaths to report....
RIP, Calder, you got to close to my fire ward and decided to attack me. Never got that arrow back.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Oh sweet jesus mine feels more like a casualty list from a battle.

Lydia: Pissed off my ally Imperial Soldiers somehow during a fort battle
Aela: Accidental Giant Encounter
Farkas: Bandit arrows
Erandur: Pissed off town guards somehow
Uthgerd: Accidentally killed her with a Blizzard spell

Jordis: Lost him when wandering near Windhelm, presumed dead.
Brelyna: Lost her when doing the Final Quest, presumed dead or bugged.
Faendal: Lost him when wandering in the woods, presumed dead.
Hopefully Mjoll doesn't share the same fate as her fellows when Dawnguard finally comes to the PC....

Michael-scott Carr

Apr 3, 2013
R.I.P.

Sven, I sent him home from Solstheim to return to my estates and my family (He was my steward) while I was at Winterhold training at the college. I got a letter of his death 1 day later.

(I rage quit, didn't have a good save and lost a whole day of progress. Worth it)

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
The only person I've ever lost was Vilkas, and that was due to a poisoned sword from a Falmer Shadowmaster when we were exploring Blackreach. The poison effect ate through his essential NPC status and killed him. Luckily a patch was made to stop that from happening, though it listed it as a rare issue - which I find hilarious, since I had to reload when this happened three times in a row.

So no one in my game is actually dead. I've been thinking about getting a horse, but the risks seem quite high... instead, I have a random horse that drops me off whenever I fast travel and then wanders back to the camp near Dawnstar that I found it in. Other than that, I've also taken Lydia with me lately (after she's been sitting at my house ever since I got her, around 200 hours ago into the game) and I've also acquired the Steadfast Dwarven Spider. He's nicknamed Teapot.

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
RIP Aranea

You were awesome, but I should have known you couldn't take the same falling damage I could. At least I got my magic gear back that I decked you out with.

Next play through I'll be careful, promise.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
R.I.P. Lydia. Fell through the trap door in the dungeon with the psycho fire mage. It was a good death though. Reanimated her corps with a little necromancy but one look at her with the burnt corpses mod and ... no ...no, no, no! That's not natural! So she died twice that day.

JaguarDwarf

Jan 28, 2012
R.I.P Lydia

You were a stupid ***** and ran right into that spike trap so it wasn't my fault but congratulations on being my only companion who didn't die in battle.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
never used companions (except when forced) as they cramp my style. Did use one companion voluntarily to sacrifice him in one of the daedric quests.

Although apparently im in the minority in regards to the usefulness of companions.

nightingale

Nov 10, 2012
I never had anyone dying on me yet in Skyrim - don't use Lydia, so maybe that's the explanation - but I do come here every evening to check for entries. Hands down the most consistently hilarious thread I have ever camed across. (Or maybe I just have really bad sense of humor.)

MrJinglez

Apr 6, 2013
I eventually killed all of my companions one by one after luring them to whiterun to let some of frustration out since they didnt wish to talk it out with me. They started to annoy me such as blocking a doorway standing in my way, running in front of me as i am casting magic then dying, or whenever i had them carry something they liked to go out and randomly die or run off a side of a cliff for no reason. Then at that moment i had to go all the way back to a auto save to start over, so i just killed them and left their bodys stacked in my house in whiterun. The place stinks of rotting flesh. lol