Skyrim Special Edition Goes Gold, PC System Requirements Released

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Remember, if you own the Legendary Edition of Skyrim (on Steam), or the base game and all the DLC (on Steam), you'll receive the new Special Edition free of charge (on Steam).
............... The flying crap From Software? You make a Special Edition of Dark Souls II (DS II: Scholar of the First Sin) but instead of giving us the game for free, you make people who own Dark Souls II with all the DLC pay $20 for the freaken patch. Meanwhile, Bethesda is giving us this Remastered Edition with all kinds of updates / fixes / patches for FREE if you own Skyrim & the DLCs.

A little salty I admit, because a company this big is not ripping us off while the company that made my all time favorite franchise, forced us to pay $20 for a freaken updated version of an already existing game -__-.
Well From Software did change around all the enemy placements and item drops to give the game a fresh feel as well as add some additional content in addition to fixing some back end issues, upping the graphics and enabling an extra player slot for Jolly Cooperation and there also was the 20% discount if you already had Dark Souls 2 and all it's DLC bought on steam whilst Bethesda in comparison pretty much just upped the graphics and changed how the background operates slightly for the PC version. Then again Scholar of the First Sin costs about the same as all of DS2's DLC together so it wasn't a bad deal for the people who waited for all the DLCs to be released and then got the news about the Sin edition.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Fappy said:
I assume the new version is still 100% compatible with all the old mods?
Very unlikely.

They are using a totally different executable build so for the very least, anything that requires SKSE will be unusable. It furthers the worry that silverlock is currently saying that there won't be any updates.

Pray for the nine eight divines that it gets updated.

Mar 30, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Remember, if you own the Legendary Edition of Skyrim (on Steam), or the base game and all the DLC (on Steam), you'll receive the new Special Edition free of charge (on Steam).
Meanwhile, Bethesda is giving us this Remastered Edition with all kinds of updates / fixes / patches for FREE if you own Skyrim & the DLCs.
Us console plebs are having to fork out the extra dough though. It does seem a tad unfair - my friend picked up the Legendary ed of Skyrim for ~?20 during a Steam sale and gets the remaster for free, but as I bought the vanilla version of the console version on release day for ?40, then the two DLC packs on their respective release days for ?15 each, Bethesda is saying that I should pony up another ?50 if I want the remaster (which I've done because I'm an Elder Scrolls nut, but it left a bitter taste in my mouth).

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
To ease everyone's concerns about this being some kind of mandatory download: http://gamingbolt.com/skyrim-remastered-will-be-a-separate-game-in-your-steam-library-old-achievements-wont-be-transferred

It's a separate game. If your game is already at this level or surpassingits and you want to continue using SKSE mods, you needn't worry.

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
I cannot wait for comparison videos that'll show modded Skyrim looks and runs better on a weaker machine.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Riddle78 said:
Here's the million dollar question; Will I still be able to use my old version of Skyrim,just in case the mods aren't cross-compatible?
Yes. The game comes separate from the base game. There would be riots if they took away the ability to play the old game.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
So, it doesn't look anywhere near Witcher 3 levels, but has the same system requirements. Hmmmmm...
I call Denuvo.