Skyrim Total Conversion Mod Enderal Launching in July

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Skyrim Total Conversion Mod Enderal Launching in July

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1332/1332502.jpgAfter almost 30,000 hours of development, the Enderal mod is coming to Skyrim in July.

If you were into the Oblivion mod scene, you probably remember the total conversion mod Nehrim - At Fate?s Edge. Now the Sure AI mod team has returned with the sequel to Nehrim, titled Enderal.

Enderal is set in the world of Vyn, and the designers say that it will offer anywhere from 30 to 100 hours of gameplay, depending on your style of play. The world of Enderal is smaller than Skyrim's, but the team believes that the story makes up for it. "We believe that the depth of our story and the complexity of our characters both surpass those in recent Elder Scrolls games," says the official mod site [http://sureai.net/games/enderal/?lang=en].

The German version of the mod will release the first week of July, with the English version coming "some weeks later." Both versions of the mod are fully voiced. Enderal also includes a housing system, survival mechanics, and a diverse range of areas to explore.

You can check out all the info on the mod by visiting the Sure AI site [http://sureai.net/games/enderal/?lang=en]

[gallery=6314]

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
"We believe that the depth of our story and the complexity of our characters both surpass those in recent Elder Scrolls games."
That's... not saying much.

Elder Scrolls games have about as much story depth and character complexity as Adam Sandler movies.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
It looks interesting, and the fact that you don't need any of the skyrim dlc's to make it work is a big plus.

I'll probably give this a chance when it is released.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Looks pretty. I'll try it out. Nehrim was interesting, though it was extremely buggy when I played it.
Considering the platform that it used? The engine is inherently bug-ridden. But,yes,Nehrim is a WONDERFUL experience... Especially if you manage to get yourself Schneller Stahl. I got high hopes! Don't disappoint,SureAI!

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Is this just an expansion-level mod or a total conversion? Because a Total Conversion would override some of my mechanic-tweaking mods that I already have. (Which is bad).

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Zydrate said:
Is this just an expansion-level mod or a total conversion? Because a Total Conversion would override some of my mechanic-tweaking mods that I already have. (Which is bad).
It is a total conversion. Same engine,different game.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
I'm not really familiar with what's going on, but out of curiosity, what prevents this from being affected by a Bethesda lawsuit

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
antipunt said:
I'm not really familiar with what's going on, but out of curiosity, what prevents this from being affected by a Bethesda lawsuit
Total conversion mods are always free,and distributed openly as mods,requiring the players to own a legitimate copy of the base game,in this case,Skyrim.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
antipunt said:
Riddle78 said:
antipunt said:
Total conversion mods are always free,and distributed openly as mods,requiring the players to own a legitimate copy of the base game,in this case,Skyrim.
Additionally, mods that are as in-depth as this will often use assets that are 100% their own (or mostly), thus meaning that while it uses the basis of Skyrim to work, Bethesda would be suing over work that technically isn't theirs.

Now, as Skyrim is their property, I believe that they're well within their right to shut down the mod if they desire, because I'm pretty sure there's no legal precedent that states consumers should be allowed to modify game assets like that, but Bethesda in particular has a pretty long-standing history of being hands-off when it comes to the modding community.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Looks pretty. I'll try it out. Nehrim was interesting, though it was extremely buggy when I played it.
German or English version? Because I think I remember the English one being buggy as all fuck.

OT:

Huh, I completely forgot about this coming up. If it's anywhere as good as Neherim then I'm game.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
To all who are confused, a TC (Total Conversion) is simply a free game that uses the game's engine to run and (mostly) nothing else, such as UT's Infiltration or UT2004's Killing Floor or Red Orchestra.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Zydrate said:
Total conversion. Their previous total conversion project, Nehrim for Oblivion, changed up a lot of the core mechanics related to skills and leveling, and thus wouldn't work with most mods that changed such things. However, the changes were really great and in many ways "fixed" Oblivion, so you didn't really need any extra mods.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
antipunt said:
Riddle78 said:
antipunt said:
Additionally, mods that are as in-depth as this will often use assets that are 100% their own (or mostly), thus meaning that while it uses the basis of Skyrim to work, Bethesda would be suing over work that technically isn't theirs.

Now, as Skyrim is their property, I believe that they're well within their right to shut down the mod if they desire, because I'm pretty sure there's no legal precedent that states consumers should be allowed to modify game assets like that, but Bethesda in particular has a pretty long-standing history of being hands-off when it comes to the modding community.
Oh OK, that makes a lot sense. Thanks guys

karkashan

Corrin Married Xander
May 4, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
To all who are confused, a TC (Total Conversion) is simply a free game that uses the game's engine to run and (mostly) nothing else, such as UT's Infiltration or UT2004's Killing Floor or Red Orchestra.
So does it have a separate launcher/not interfere with my Skyrim files? Or will I need to have to install the game again and keep it away from my main file in order to not have to deal with installing/uninstalling in order to switch between them?

Maphysto

Dec 11, 2010
Is the English version going to have English VA's, or just the German VA's with English subtitles? Because frankly, I'd like to hear this in German. It would add a lot to the immersion.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
karkashan said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
So does it have a separate launcher/not interfere with my Skyrim files? Or will I need to have to install the game again and keep it away from my main file in order to not have to deal with installing/uninstalling in order to switch between them?
Apparently it's the latter sadly. However, the installer will allow you to switch between the two.

And BTW, while it won't require any of the DLC, Enderal will at least require a copy of the base Skyrim game to play.