Skyrim: Who did you marry?

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Well, In the first time I started up the game as an Argonian and it felt weird marrying anyone who wasn't one as well. So I chose to propose to Shahvee. She had a really positive personality and was generally likeable. Also, try explaining to a non-Argonian the whole gender swapping phase that the species is prone to.

Right now, I'm playing an Altmer but I don't have a clue who I'd marry, even if I would marry anyone.

AbnormalFetus

Sep 11, 2009
Traveling the frozen land of Skyrim I have not had the opportunity to marry any of my fellow inhabitants of this frozen hellhole. But it seems I just need to wear the right jewelry to make me look rich enough to be a eligible companion. One thing is certain though, there is not a lack of prospects as I suspect anything from a butch hairy northman, to a smooth scaly argonian girl would make for an interesting encounter for a magic cat with a voice-box that would put a t-rex to shame.
Whenever the time comes. - Winterhold, shove som tundra cotton in your ears or you will be up all night long.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
AyreonMaiden said:
Aela the Huntress!!!

All my classes at uni were covering gender issues at the same time, all involving the liberation of women and such. I'm no sexist, but I became so tired of hearing about the subject that I picked the strongest woman I found in Skyrim, a proud werewolf huntress...and broke her out of spite. She now sits at home making me meals and calling me Dear and Love.

GENDER ISSUES
Solaire of Astora said:
I married Camilla Valerius.

...Then I killed her in a vain attempt to hopefully be able to marry Aela. Alas, Bethesda did not have the foresight to allow the marriage quest to be repeatable. Realizing this fact certainly dampered my spirits, but then I played Skyrim some more and was happy again. Camilla's dead body sits behind some wooden boxes in my Whiterun home, where noone will ever possibly think to look, so I think I'm in the clear.
These two posts made me laugh, thanks to both of you...

Back on topic:

I'm still looking for a nice Partner for my manly, eloquent and filthy rich Orc Archmage Bachelor (250,000 Septims without even counting all that precious junk and jewelry at his property). I never thought it to be that difficult finding the right one. He has everything, power, money and awesome good looks, but Lydia started to refuse to carry his Stuff after he told her to carry home half a dwemer ruin of Artifacts and Solid Dwemer Metalchunks back home. Same goes for that Uflberth the Unbroken Tomboy. Was probably pretty humiliating to be beaten down in a tavern brawl by a mage no less but she seems to like the pain. (Kinky masocistic fetish anyone?)
She didn't like to carry those heavy dwarven Pottery around either. She starts refusing to carry things, too. So my Orc will probably leave her alone as well.

So anyone wanting to play Date-doctor?
Who is the right choice for my Orc?
Who is willing to carry all that Dwarven junk from those ruins around without being "huffy" (probably a bug) afterwards?
Are there any cute Orc-Ladies around? He only met that blacksmith at Markarth but she is rather ugly, well in worst case scenario she gets a nice Dragonbonehelmet anyway...

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Not properly married, although I married Ysolda, which I went back to an earlier save on when 2 people turned up to the wedding.
Ysolda, Aela the huntress or maybe the magic elf chick at the university.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Mourning_Star said:
I hate to break it to people who were looking for a nice Khajit to marry, but as far as I'm concerned (and the Skyrim strategy guide, for that matter), you cannot marry a Khajit.

Or a Wood Elf, but who cares about those losers.
What about the two brothers in Whiterun?

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Isolda seems to be N°1 choice here, right?

You know she is a drug dealer?
She runs quite a profitable Sleeping Tree Sap buisness...
You know that Sleeping Tree Sap is addictive and maybe even illegal?

Imagine that you have kids one day...

Child: "Daddy, daddy, daddy, what are you doing for a living?"
Archmage: "I set people on fire! And Mammoths, and Giants and Dragons..."
Child: "Oooh, okay, and what does Mommy do?"
Archmage:"She sells drugs to Clan Battle-Born and all the other loser!"

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Farkas because he has a sexy Batman voice. If any of my enemies decide to take out my spouse to get to me they will also have a nasty surprise.

Funny story a male friend of mine asked who I married, I told him and he burst out laughing. Turns out his Dovahkiin character is the double of Farkas.

ahem.

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
Rossmallo said:
Waiting until Scouts-Many-Marshes gives me his quest.

I should point out that he is a male Argonian.

Oh yes. Going there.
Yep, married him. Because he's the only Argonian male with the interesting type of name.
His vows (or acceptance, I forget) were very cute and I love the idea of rescuing this discriminated dockworker, giving him a home in my Solitude mansion.

Two young men living together happily and nobody in all of Skyrim makes any snide comments. Skyrim 1 - Real World 0!

Though sometimes I wonder what he and my housecarl do when I'm out learning Shouts and skinning bears...

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
I despised Ysoldas tone and behavior after marriage so i guess i will wait and see if bethesda patches it to be better or modders make it better.
This irked me also. I was all like, what happened to your dream of buying the Bannered Mare? All you do is sit here! You don't even cook me any pies anymore! And stop calling me 'love' every three seconds!

And why haven't we had sex yet?!

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Is it pathetic that I've been waiting for the right in-game woman?

Since I know you cannot remarry I've been waiting until I've become liked by more women before making a decision. I'm leaning toward that ex-adventurer chick in Riften whose sword I need to find. Pretty sure she's...marriagable?

CowboyfromHell666

Jan 14, 2010
Aela. I chose her as a companion over Lydia because Lydia liked to get in the way of my fucking mace and lightning fingers, this way I have a ranged companion. Plus I dragged her around everywhere I went, so sooner or later I had to break the ice. We wear dragon armor together like a happy Nordic couple should.

CowboyfromHell666

Jan 14, 2010
kouriichi said:
Raj wed to Wife Mjoll.

She is good warrior. And good cook!

But she hate thieves...... and Raj is thief. In fact, Raj is leader of Thieves!
She not to happy about it. She say, "get real job! Stop leeching off of others."

Raj just ignore her though. Till Mjoll get angry. Chase Raj through town with ebony warhammer. Guards no care. They all stay back. "Shot in knee! We cannot help. Sorry" they all say.

Raj know they lying. They chase me just fine when someone accuse me of stabbing them. Raj have no comment on stabbing people. No proof ever happened, cant say it was me.

Oh, but off topic again. Moonsugar does that to Khajiit. Happy with Wife Mjoll, no matter how abusive she is to Raj.
Goddamn you make me laugh

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
I married Miura.

Too bad, all she ever says is "Thank you for... helping me.", because I killed two people on a hit contract.

It's hard to be romantic when your wife keeps talking to you like you're the shady underworld contact she hired through a dark prayer.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I married Ysolda, but she's dead now. After seeing another man in my house for the second time I decided that it was time for a divorce, my style. I killed Lydia too, because she was there all the time and never informed me of anything.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Mr.Incognitus said:
Aela, but I've only seen her once since I don't know where the house she mentioned is
Jorrvaskrr, inside Whiterun. You can marry her after the main Companion's storyline is finished.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Jordis the Shield-Maiden. She had been my companion for a very long time, so why not. She keeps mysteriously disappearing though... hmm...

Jan 27, 2011
kouriichi said:
But she hate thieves...... and Raj is thief. In fact, Raj is leader of Thieves!
She not to happy about it. She say, "get real job! Stop leeching off of others."
Raj? This is Swiftheart, a Kajiit from Morrowind...Mjoll is totally wrong here! Stealing isn't leeching! It's just sharing! Everything belongs to everyone! :D

Raj know they lying. They chase me just fine when someone accuse me of stabbing them. Raj have no comment on stabbing people. No proof ever happened, cant say it was me.
....Swiftheart have a question....Did they deserve being stabbed? I mean, in that case, you're doing the guards a favor! Why did they chase you? I don't get it either...

Oh, but off topic again. Moonsugar does that to Khajiit. Happy with Wife Mjoll, no matter how abusive she is to Raj.
.....Umm....Coming from a former sugar tooth......You, DO realize what that stuff d-....Oh never mind, carry on.

---
PS: Your Raj posts are hilarious. Keep 'em coming. XD
---
Andrew_Waltfeld said:
Your fear is justified. I don't want to ever marry another character in sky-rim anymore because of that single line. There isn't enough variety and it's always the same tone, so it's like, holy cow, different person! That is not who I married. So yeah, don't marry Aela.
I hate when games do that.

I had that problem waaaay back with the original harvest moon on the SNES...The only girl I liked at all was Ann (the tomboy mechanic inventor toolshop girl). Then, you get married aaaand.....huh? Who are you and what have you done with Ann?! >: (

In a game as huge as Skyrim they could of at least had 3 personalities that a potential mate could be! (tough/independent, somewhat-neutral, Quiet). I mean, if what you're saying is true and tough warrior girls lose much of their badassery as soon as they tie the knot.......eh...that's disappointing.