Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition Review - You Could Use A Pork Bun

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition Review - You Could Use A Pork Bun

Square Enix continues to double dip with last-gen games, giving a solid open-world shooter another shooter ... and missing some needed improvements.

Read Full Article

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
The only beef / deal breaker I have with the game is the god awful Cantonese voice actors. They tried to make it sound like it's HK, but only made it so far as Vancouver. I'd have liked it more if they just ditch the Chinese voices altogether.

small

Aug 5, 2014
i was wondering if the upgraded version was worth it on the pc and i guess not. good game though

mjharper

Can
Apr 28, 2013
Curious to see if we get a proper uncut version in Germany. Might well pick it up if we do. The original release was 'low violence', so no sale.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
The PC version was amazing, and more importantly actually ran well on my 2008 computer with almost all the settings maxed out. And for a game with this much stuff on the screen at any one time, and what appear to be real-time reflections to boot, that is darn impressive.

Still not that interesting of a game, though. I personally found the Arkham-style fight system to be a bit clunky, or maybe I'm the one who's clunky and Arkham just did a really good job of hand holding. Not sure.

A man who never eats pork bun is never a whole man!

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
I redownloaded it on PS3 a couple weeks ago. It's a great game, but I'm not gonna rebuy it. At least not until I need the space on my PS3 and it's <$20.

And yes, I could really use a pork bun.

mjharper said:
Curious to see if we get a proper uncut version in Germany. Might well pick it up if we do. The original release was 'low violence', so no sale.
Aren't all games "low violence" in Germany? I thought anything with red blood was censored.

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
DirgeNovak said:
Aren't all games "low violence" in Germany? I thought anything with red blood was censored.
Not really. It changes from case to case. For example: We only have a "low violence" version of Fallout 3 (I guess because of the exploding heads and stuff). But a nice and bloody Fallout New Vegas (don't ask me for the reason).

And then we have funny stuff like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. At first we only had a "low violence" version and every store version is this one. But when you buy it online you get the uncut version.

OT: I guess the bugs will be in it forever since it's the Definitive Edition now.
But "seriously" it is nice of Square to allow new players of this to experience the game as if it was a completely new release.