Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Sleeping Dogs Review

Are you a cop or a gangster?

Read Full Article

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol, steam says it will come out on the 17th this month.
anyway. still not sure about it. it seams to be alright and it does look nice, but still not convinced. hong kong is of course not that dark, after all i live there for over 1 1/2 years and im still alive :p
well, maybe i will get it when its on special and i have nothing else to play. but for now, i give it a miss.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
No mention of the pc version being an actual good port and being better than the console version.
Stay classy Escapist

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
rolfwesselius said:
No mention of the pc version being an actual good port and being better than the console version.
Stay classy Escapist
I just want to point your attention to the end of the review ...

Greg Tito said:
This review is based on the Xbox 360 version of the game.
"Class" withstanding, we generally do not realistically have the ability to complete every iteration of a given game and grade the shades of difference between them. If you're implying that we somehow "knew" about what you personally consider a superior port and maliciously chose to not post our findings then you're sadly mistaken.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
rolfwesselius said:
Stay classy Escapist
We didn't play the PC version, so we didn't comment on it.

Stay classy, rolfwesselius.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Mike Kayatta said:
Susan Arendt said:
Sorry i meant to make a statement about multiplatform game reviews always ignoring additions or problems of the pc version (Or the ps3 version for that matter)in favour of the 360 version.
I didn't mean to criticise.
[img=600]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/17523391.jpg[/img][img=600]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MGUguLmBiL8/TY7Bk3hff0I/AAAAAAAAAUM/hI-aV4JXmxY/s1600/puppy-dog-eyes.jpg[/img]

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Why the fuck do review spoil so much of the story ? Fuckn sick of it , cant you talk about the game without talking about the story ?

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Balkan said:
Why the fuck do review spoil so much of the story ? Fuckn sick of it , cant you talk about the game without talking about the story ?
The story isn't spoiled. I'm not really sure what you're upset about. If you think sharing biographical details and the events of the first few minutes is a spoiler, there's not much I can do for you.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
We didn't play the PC version, so we didn't comment on it.

Stay classy, rolfwesselius.
Touché

As for the game? I have to say I like the look of this, despite only hearing about it today. Has there been a complete lack of buzz about this thing or have I just had my head more deeply buried than normal?

I hope this one comes off well, despite apparent control issues according to some other reviews, because if a low-gunplay version of GTA can work then maybe Rockstar will finally get around to making a modern version of GTA London 69/61.

And dispel that damned "GTA only works in America cause we have multiple cultures all in one place" argument at last, I'm fed up of hearing that one.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Greg Tito said:
Balkan said:
The story isn't spoiled. I'm not really sure what you're upset about. If you think sharing biographical details and the events of the first few minutes is a spoiler, there's not much I can do for you.
I am sure that the review is possible without the spoilers . here they werent so huge but still I didnt knew these parts about the game .
Whould the review lost its context is you just said that the main character is a guy who is undercover in the mafia ? Im not that petty but still many reviewers make these mistakes , for instance in sh downpour one of the major plot points is 5 minutes in .

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
Balkan said:
What spoilers?

I honestly can't find any in this review.

O/T looks interesting. I'll see how money goes this month and may give this a shot.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Looks like Yakuza, plays like Yakuza, is probably the american version of Yakuza. Not even a fan of the series ._. just screams familiar and not worth my time.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Balkan said:
Greg Tito said:
Balkan said:
I am sure that the review is possible without the spoilers . here they werent so huge but still I didnt knew these parts about the game .
Whould the review lost its context is you just said that the main character is a guy who is undercover in the mafia ? Im not that petty but still many reviewers make these mistakes , for instance in sh downpour one of the major plot points is 5 minutes in .
As far as I can see there are no "spoilers" in this review. Besides, if you want to play the game with absolutely no prior knowledge of its content, then don't read/watch any reviews on it.

To be honest, the amount of "detail" you found in this review that pertains to the story itself would most likely be included in the description on the back of the game box. Minor details are bound to be disclosed during a piece that is designed to give an overview of the game.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Proverbial Jon said:
Balkan said:
Greg Tito said:
Balkan said:
As far as I can see there are no "spoilers" in this review. Besides, if you want to play the game with absolutely no prior knowledge of its content, then don't read/watch any reviews on it.

To be honest, the amount of "detail" you found in this review that pertains to the story itself would most likely be included in the description on the back of the game box. Minor details are bound to be disclosed during a piece that is designed to give an overview of the game.
You took my complain way more seriously than I did . My point was that this little spoiler in the review was entirly pointless , it didnt serve anything he just said it .

jobu59749

Aug 3, 2009
Thanks for the review Greg, I was curious and still intending on renting the game, but now I'm more glad to be getting it through my gamefly. I need something for my summertime blues....such a boring summer for games.

Mark B

Nov 5, 2007
Nice review looks like it has some good ideas, which it executes well. However as you point out the shooting is weak and it looks like the cars drive a bit weird ? I think I'm gonna wait till it comes down in price.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Great game. Also, as someone who has played the PC version, the port is beautiful. Full graphic features and the hi-res texture pack is awesome. This is a game that all ports should be held to the standard of. Combat is fun, though I am playing with a 360 controller so I can't speak for the M+KB controls.

I'm torn between playing this and Darksiders 2, which is also incredibly good.