Sleeping Dogs Sequel: Triad Wars, is Free-to-Play, PC Only

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
It's bad, I wished for another sandbox crime/cop thriller set in Hong Kong :( just another proof SE is run by monkeys on crack.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
It being PC only, F2P and an MMO just spells complete doom for that title, it's not even a proper sequel and we didn't ask for such a thing, how do you get it so wrong?.

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
If this is instanced, it would work. Land is "infinite" player base raid each other.

if you fight for physical land, your game is fucked. Its opening up the door for people like buzzcutpsycho and his "friends."

Even then, buzzcutpsycho and his friends will still manage to fuck the game up. I wish it was singleplayer. I hate the roving band of trolls ruining new MMOs by sheer force.

They ruined planetside 2. They will ruin this.
I've heard the name buzzcutpsycho before, and I know that he's not well liked. But I've never learned the specifics, could someone fill me in? Googling it only provided his youtube and twitch account, which would only fill me in on his point of view.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Do you publishers out there want to make my chair into an MMO while you're at it?

I mean, this is just APB 2 with base building. You haven't changed anything. Except it's now an F2P PC exclusive MMO, pretty much the worse changes you could possibly make.

Spanglish Guy

Sep 8, 2014
Hmm, that's something.

Why have they decided to make an MMO out of Sleeping Dogs? It was great the way it was as a sandbox, singleplayer game. The main thing that worries me is that as a free to play it will just include a lot of pay to win options, making this game a either a chore to play if you are unwilling to pay or just outright frustrating when someone who bought everything steamrolls you.

I think I will be giving this a pass, never been a big fan of MMOs anyway.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
That's... actually really disappointing. Personally I had been hoping for a sequel to Sleeping Dogs. You know, a single player game that would focus on a different character since Wei Shen's story is pretty much finished. What on earth gave them the idea to make it into a F2P MMO?

Either way, any interest I had in this project has pretty much disappeared.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
[

Buzzcutpsycho is a toxic player that roams from MMO to MMO and exploiting games. He has a whole army of trolls at his disposal to make sure he is the top ranking player of every MMO.

He uses his "friends" as shields and forbids them from taking kills. To him, they are just tools.
I can't decide weather or not to be impressed or say he needs to get a life
Racecarlock said:
Do you publishers out there want to make my chair into an MMO while you're at it?
a free to sit chair....hmmm
NuclearKangaroo said:
it could be worse, atleast it still looks like sleeping dogs
sleeping dogs isn't a very pretty game :/
Shadow-Phoenix said:
It being PC only, F2P and an MMO just spells complete doom for that title, it's not even a proper sequel and we didn't ask for such a thing, how do you get it so wrong?.
its like making the next Dragon age into a FPS

.....oh god now it will happen, that's what the state of gaming has become, shit like that [I/]could actually be made[/I]

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
you done goofed. Why, of all things to turn it into, turn it into a free to play MMO? I mean, it actually makes no sense to turn a story driven GTA clone into something like this, especially after all the failed projects just like this one that have happened in the past few years.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Seems like it could be a nice cheap to produce earner. Its free to play and on PC so I'll have no issue at least trying it out (not if it was PS4 though as I don't like putting crap I'm likely not going to play on my trophy list, though I could always try it on a separate account yeah but I don't bother with such things).