Sleeping pills?

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Hai guise, It's 5:54 AM where I live, I'm dunk and feeling pretty bitter about life in general. But I wont be able to sleep at the present moment, so is it advisable to take sleeping pills?

Sorry because I know this is a pointless thread, but I need to know this, no-one else is awake in my flat, and I don't wanna die! :)

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
It is very inadvisable. Alcohol and sleeping pills don't mix.

Also, what does it mean to be "dunk"?

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Depends I take sleeping pills now and then since I have bad cases of insomnia that can last near a week and that plays hell on my body, if you are desperate for sleep than by all means take them. Otherwise just drink some tea and lay down it usually does the trick.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Omikron009 said:
Also, what does it mean to be "dunk"?
Depending upon what type of person you are, it means either to be very happy, or very depressed/ aggressive.

Unfortunately, I belong to the latter group.

:p

I'm sure you know really...

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
Pills and booze are a VIP ticket to an awesome party.

At the hospital.

PinkAngelKitty

Jan 24, 2010
Uh you mean you're drunk?

Don't drunk post on an internet forum. It will haunt you for the rest of your life.

I installed a breathalyzer on my laptop for this very reason.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Suiseiseki IRL said:
Pills and booze are a VIP ticket to an awesome party.

At the hospital.
Feel you advice officially taken.

I shall reject the sleeping pills in favour of:

SHEPARD'S PIE!!!!

Fuck sleep, I'm just gonna eat until I collapse :)

madcap2112

Jun 4, 2009
Let's see if I can make this abundantly clear. DON'T TAKE SLEEPING PILLS WHILE YOU'RE DRUNK. Please.

Puzzles

Aug 9, 2009
Nah... A lot of sleeping pills mix badly with alcohol, producing toxic crap and hurting your liver.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
PinkAngelKitty said:

Don't drunk post on an internet forum. It will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Yeah I've posted drunk on here before. Not proud of it, I said some pretty silly stuff, but I cant help myself when I'm feeling down in the dumps. Alcohol is a depressant, and the Escapist lets me vent my feelings.

I do love this place though, and 99.9% of my posts are made when sober, so please dont report me.

Pwetty pweeeaseeee!?

PinkAngelKitty

Jan 24, 2010
No I don't report people ^___^

But seriously sleeping pills or any type of pain killer could put you in a 20 year coma (not kidding) so stay away from pills k?

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
PinkAngelKitty said:
No I don't report people ^___^

But seriously sleeping pills or any type of pain killer could put you in a 20 year coma (not kidding) so stay away from pills k?
OK thats cool, thank you for the concern.

Have no fear, I'm not gonna touch the pills, I'm just gonna stay wake till it's tomorrow!

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Wadders said:
Hai guise, It's 5:54 AM where I live, I'm dunk and feeling pretty bitter about life in general. But I wont be able to sleep at the present moment, so is it advisable to take sleeping pills?

Sorry because I know this is a pointless thread, but I need to know this, no-one else is awake in my flat, and I don't wanna die! :)
At this point you're probably better off pulling an all nighter, grabbing a quick power nap in the afternoon, then getting an early night tonight to force your body back into a proper sleeping pattern as soon as possible. I know because I'm doing the exact same thing. It's now half past six in the morning and I haven't been able to get to sleep all night. If I go to sleep now I'll miss my 11am lecture. So instead I'll get by on coffee and have a nap during my lunch break later (fortunately, Leeds University has extremely comfortable seating in the library...). That's the advice I'd give to you too. Otherwise you risk ending up not waking up until five or six in the afternoon...

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Wadders said:
PinkAngelKitty said:

Yeah I've posted drunk on here before. Not proud of it, I said some pretty silly stuff, but I cant help myself when I'm feeling down in the dumps. Alcohol is a depressant, and the Escapist lets me vent my feelings.

I do love this place though, and 99.9% of my posts are made when sober, so please dont report me.

Pwetty pweeeaseeee!?
I have too, it's not even any different, I may have been a little more flamebait though.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
Just have some rest. Get your face outta the way of your computer screen, because eyestrain is not good when you've got a hangover...

Just lie down in bed and listen to some music.

GRoXERs

Feb 4, 2009
SonicKoala said:
GRoXERs said:
SonicKoala said:
You could just drink more - you'll pass out eventually.
Not helpful.
It's no worse than taking sleeping pills with alcohol....
Okay, that's true, but only in the sense that diving headfirst into an empty swimming pool is no worse than diving headfirst off of a five-story building.

Either way, it's not going to end well.