Slow loading times on the escapist

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Furburt said:
Yeah, all other sites run pretty well. This site runs so slow that it sometimes crashes my firefox.

Perhaps we should all delete our inboxes to free up space?
I know all my boxes are empty. I deleted my quotes as I get 'em.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I have the same issue, but I'm rewriting the entire page through a proxy bypassing site every time, so it's not entirely unexpected.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Haven't ever had any trouble, but then again, I'm usually not online on the "American hours".

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
its pretty slow for me as well, using IE7 no problems with any other site so it's this sites problem.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Have you guys tried firefox with "noscript" ... ? Google it. I haven't had any problems lately. Noscript isn't exactly simple but it doesn't fully load/run anything unless you tell it to.

Marmalade

Mar 23, 2009
I've never had that problem, allthough it have been slow sometimes but nothing my pet monster can't handle. (It eats slow internet)

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Yup, advertangel was causing slow loading times for me too. And I absolutely did not in a any way use any sort of adblocking software to stop it loading.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
When the Escapist puts the adds on the side bars then my computer slows down, but other then that I haven't noticed anything over the top.

though I hate those adds before videos! that stupid BF:BC 2 add is so annoying! All they do is throw numbers at you with metal making it look like a really intense game but it just ends up looking like generic shooter number four million. The AvP adds at least were intense watching the Aliens scamper around the walls and the scared marines being attacked.

sorry for the rant but those that movie just makes me want to stop watching Escapist shows so I sont have to be subject to them.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
sometimes this site will not load for me and it is often really slow, I think it is high traffic and the ads (only slows down when the blue BMO ads come up for me and even though my ad blocker can block them it for some reason is never permanent)

although complaining about the ads is silly because it is a way of income for the escapist.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
It's been like it for me around the last few days, every aspect of the site takes forever to load up, I actually have time to browse for other things while it loads itself up.