Slow-Mo Decapitations Earn Skyrim an M Rating

Apr 5, 2008
Good, this is precisely how it should be. Anything less than M rated and I'd have been terribly disappointed. Skyrim, like Morrowind and Oblivion before it will be played and replayed for years, modded and added to until Elder Scrolls VI comes out. It has to stand the test of time more than almost any other game release, especially a single player one.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
So its a 15 in England and a M (17) in the US?

Or a 15 AND a M(17) ?
OH GOD WHY DO THEY USE SO MANY RATINGS BOARDS!
Because it'd be next to impossible to get all the countries in the world to agree to abide by the rulings of a single one.

Hiname

Songstress of Ar Ciel
Mar 23, 2011
Waaaait wait wait wait. Slow-mo decaps?

But.. but.. Im an argonian! I want to BITE THEIR FUGGIN HEADS OFF! .. *cough*

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
Man, I'm apparently getting too old for this shit. I read the descriptions of the violence in the game and suddenly I'm a little less hyped for the whole thing.

I mean, it's not really surprising, and it's not a big deal. I'm certainly still getting the game, obviously, but I dunno... I'm just getting kind of sick of all the games that are turning into giblet simulators. I'd just rather they spent the time and effort on things I like instead. Things like gameplay.

Vivec93

May 18, 2011
The decapitations are just a one handed perk so if you don't have it no decapitations for you.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
Mike Kayatta said:
". . . all the whores your heart, or any other organ, desires,"
That certainly sounds like something that someone from the dark brotherhood would say.

Estoki

May 25, 2010
Is this even needed? I think we all saw this coming miles and miles away.

Anyhow, I really wouldn't have Elder Scrolls any other way.

jyork89

Jun 29, 2010
I wish they had stricter ratings. Perhaps then the media wouldn't portray video games as being for either children or childish adults.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I'm sure FOX will try to use this on a slow news day, you know, when they're not busy ragging on everyone that doesn't see the bible as a written documentary.

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
"While the ESRB had initially rated the game T, some nudie mod skins soon caused it to overturn its initial decision and demand that Bethesda re-label new and existing Oblivion game boxes with an M."

Wait, they're rating a game based on mods now? There goes "Online experience not rated by ESRB" statement.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
I'm so sad. I want this for PC so badly, but my machine can't even successfully run Oblivion without freezing or crashing at least once. I'd need a brand new computer just to play it.

Oh well, I guess I can always just get it for 360, though I wont have access to user made mods.

ZephrC said:
Man, I'm apparently getting too old for this shit. I read the descriptions of the violence in the game and suddenly I'm a little less hyped for the whole thing.

I mean, it's not really surprising, and it's not a big deal. I'm certainly still getting the game, obviously, but I dunno... I'm just getting kind of sick of all the games that are turning into giblet simulators. I'd just rather they spent the time and effort on things I like instead. Things like gameplay.
Wait, wouldn't that be considered gameplay? I mean, don't people really fall to giblets when sliced open in real life?

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Decapitation, you say?, GREAT!. I remember several times when Oblivion could have been improved by some heavy violence.

Makes me wonder why we haven't seen any yet, though.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
MrDeckard said:
Wait......... Oblivion had Language?????????
I think they said dear penis at some point..

OT- Slow-mo decap for M ratings? Deal.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Necromancer Jim said:
So, just to clarify, there actually IS dismemberment in this one?
My guess is that it'll be DA:O style, you occasionally get a finisher where you take someones head off.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
Why is everyone so happy about this being an M rated game? Sure it has decapitations, don't get me wrong, I love violence, but isn't a game's rating a pretty shallow reason for buying a game? It's like going to a movie solely because it's rated R. Heck, some of my favorite games are rated E!

on the lighter side, definitely looking forward to Skyrim!

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
MrDeckard said:
Wait......... Oblivion had Language?????????

OT: Sexual Themes and Dismemberment? Sounds great!
I think they said shit a few times in TES IV.
OT DECAPITATION!!!! yeah Skyrim is going to be AWESOME!