small iPod problem...

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Yo, got a slight problem with my iPod (as teh title suggests) and was wondering if anyone knows how to solve the problem?

Basically -
One album seems to have copied onto my iPod twice without actually being on my iTunes twice...no matter how much I sort iTunes out and re-sync my iPod, same album comes up twice.

Now, this isn't a major problem but it's annoying because it's taking up extra space that could be used for more music - and god knows that's what i could do with right now.

Any ideas?

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Did you try formatting the iPod? Sometimes you need to wipe it completely before syncing to fix stuff like that.

If that doesn't fix it, try manually searching your iPod (treat it like a flash drive). See if you can detect the issue, its hard to be specific here as it can be any number of issues.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Jodah said:
Did you try formatting the iPod? Sometimes you need to wipe it completely before syncing to fix stuff like that.

If that doesn't fix it, try manually searching your iPod (treat it like a flash drive). See if you can detect the issue, its hard to be specific here as it can be any number of issues.
Yeah, wiping it now...thanks for the advice ; ]

Hopefully I can return the favour some day >.>

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
If you're using iTunes, the iPod should show up as a device beneath your library but before your playlists on the left part under the 'Devices' heading. There should be a circle with an arrow next to it. Click that to reveal the music, playlists, ect. that's on the iPod. Click on 'music' (It should be the first thing under the iPod icon.) and the tracks you see in iTunes are now the ones on your iPod, not the ones on your hard drive. Sift through the tracks; select and delete the duplicate album. This should at get rid of those extra tracks. As to why the syncing does this, I really have no idea, but remember that the slightest difference in labeling causes iTunes to recognize the same track as a different one.

If you're using Windows Media, I don't use that one much, so I can't really help you there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you said you were using iTunes. Shows how much attention I paid to the post.