Smallest thing online players annoy you with?

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
VanQ said:
LFR players in WoW that refuse to learn an encounter before they queue for a raid. Not everyone has time to wipe over and over again waiting for you to haul your ass to the back of the group so that Flames of Galakrond don't wipe the raid. These people are bad enough.

Then you have people in LFR that simply refuse to learn the encounter even though they've been wiping on it the last hour or so. When your tank refuses to position himself so that Ashen Wall doesn't one shot every raid member as they're forced to pass through it to follow the boss. These assholes are also arrogant as fuck. "Well, some of us have a life and don't have time to learn how to do every boss perfectly, nerd." They'll say. Yet these are the fuckwits that just sat in the raid for the last 2 hours as we wiped until the Perserverance buff broke the encounter for the group.

If you don't have the time for learning an encounter but you have the time to cause wipe after wipe then you're an ass that's holding back the people that don't actually have the time to wipe. Some people hope to get in and out of LFR quickly, either because we genuinely don't have the time to be there for hours or the only reason we're in LFR is because Blizzard forces us to have to pass through it so we have enough gear for normal/flex modes.

It take 3 minutes to look up and read your role in any given encounter on google. Stop being a jackass and be informed before you queue.
I do not play MMO's (I did a long stint on the original GuildWars, it was more my speed than WoW). From the outside looking in, it seems like everyone is obsessed with MinMaxing, and that is just not how I like to play my characters. I much rather experiment and see if I can use different builds in different ways than what they have been traditionally designed for (like turning Redguards into Mages in the previous ES games)...

My question being, are you okay with people doing that and not being an obnoxious twat, but explaining that they want a different play style with their character, or are you "If you are X then your role is Y so do fuckjing Y"

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
newfoundsky said:
VanQ said:
LFR players in WoW that refuse to learn an encounter before they queue for a raid. Not everyone has time to wipe over and over again waiting for you to haul your ass to the back of the group so that Flames of Galakrond don't wipe the raid. These people are bad enough.

Then you have people in LFR that simply refuse to learn the encounter even though they've been wiping on it the last hour or so. When your tank refuses to position himself so that Ashen Wall doesn't one shot every raid member as they're forced to pass through it to follow the boss. These assholes are also arrogant as fuck. "Well, some of us have a life and don't have time to learn how to do every boss perfectly, nerd." They'll say. Yet these are the fuckwits that just sat in the raid for the last 2 hours as we wiped until the Perserverance buff broke the encounter for the group.

If you don't have the time for learning an encounter but you have the time to cause wipe after wipe then you're an ass that's holding back the people that don't actually have the time to wipe. Some people hope to get in and out of LFR quickly, either because we genuinely don't have the time to be there for hours or the only reason we're in LFR is because Blizzard forces us to have to pass through it so we have enough gear for normal/flex modes.

It take 3 minutes to look up and read your role in any given encounter on google. Stop being a jackass and be informed before you queue.
I do not play MMO's (I did a long stint on the original GuildWars, it was more my speed than WoW). From the outside looking in, it seems like everyone is obsessed with MinMaxing, and that is just not how I like to play my characters. I much rather experiment and see if I can use different builds in different ways than what they have been traditionally designed for (like turning Redguards into Mages in the previous ES games)...

My question being, are you okay with people doing that and not being an obnoxious twat, but explaining that they want a different play style with their character, or are you "If you are X then your role is Y so do fuckjing Y"
It's LFR we're talking about here. There is no need for min/maxing here. You don't even need to go in there with any talents at all and you can perform well enough to clear the content. It's literally baby mode for people that don't want to commit to Normal mode raiding. If you actually read my post you would see that my problem has nothing to do with talents and everything to do with twats that refuse to acknowledge that they need to properly execute certain mechanics and avoid fire on the ground so as to not die and take the whole raid group with them.

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
VanQ said:
newfoundsky said:
VanQ said:

It's LFR we're talking about here. There is no need for min/maxing here. You don't even need to go in there with any talents at all and you can perform well enough to clear the content. It's literally baby mode for people that don't want to commit to Normal mode raiding. If you actually read my post you would see that my problem has nothing to do with talents and everything to do with twats that refuse to acknowledge that they need to properly execute certain mechanics and avoid fire on the ground so as to not die and take the whole raid group with them.
Like I said, I don't play WoW man. I didn't realize what LFR was, or that you were talking about executing certain mechanics (blocking fire, etc...). I didn't mean to offend you, man, but thank you for the clarification.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
Running with a medpack, ammo box or some kind of team benefit item and not using it. I could use some health, drop the box. Nope, he runs into the same kill zone that took me out. I have more points in Planetside 2 and BF4 for healing and repairing then kills because I hate watching tanks die cause no one is repairing them. Infantry support and medics are needed guys. Don't play medic just for the guns, play to heal.