Smegging Hell! Here's the Poster for Red Dwarf X

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Smegging Hell! Here's the Poster for Red Dwarf X

Everybody's still dead, Dave.

Irreverent and utterly brilliant English Sci-fi comedy, Red Dwarf, will return to British televisions on October 4th. Series ten will run for six episodes and reunites the original cast, sans the ever-unpopular Kochanski.

The series will be premiering on Dave, which is a television channel by the way, but word has it'll be airing on PBS in the States the same day, though that's yet to be confirmed. The series was announced in April of last year, and principle filming began in December.

A trailer for the new series is available on Dave's website. [http://uktv.co.uk/dave/video/aid/653214/videolistid/1/sr/1]

The poster itself looks exactly how a Red Dwarf poster should look: slightly cheap and just a little bit naff. The cast themselves are looking a little worse for wear - Craig Charles' lined jowls aren't exactly a testament to the rejuvenating properties of crack cocaine [http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1162513/Craig-Charles-I-spent-250-000-crack.html] - but it has been nearly a quarter of a century since the show first aired.

According to those who've seen the show's scripts, Series Ten closely resembles the first few seasons of the show in their focus on isolation, absurdity and often surprisingly "hard Sci-fi" concepts.

You may now begin the traditional "it is/isn't better than Doctor Who" arguments.

Source: IGN [http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/red-dwarf-x-poster-unveiled?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ign%2Farticles+%28IGN+All+Articles%29]

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I can't say if it's better than Dr Who, as Dr Who is a sci fi show, whereas I agree with the writers when they say Red Dwarf is a 'sitcom that happens to be set in space'.

Let's just hope it's better than the mini series bit, that was kind of a disappointment.

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
oh. my. god.
I CAN'T WAIT!!! YAY!!!!
They've put on a few years though. Oh well.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I always felt that the concept was better than the execution

but that said I only ever saw a little of the first series

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
Vault101 said:
I always felt that the concept was better than the execution

but that said I only ever saw a little of the first series
Series 1? Otherwise known as the series Rob Grant refused to allow to be repeated?
Yeah, try a different series xD

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Now... here's something that's bothering me.

Was there a season 9? Or do they just consider Back To Earth as the 9th season?

I haven't seen anything else other than Season 8 and Back To Earth.

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
Back to Earth was series 9.

Ironically I was watching the series again today and was doing a little snooping on IMDB when I saw the 2012 tag and the episode names listed there. I just hope they show it on the only PBS station I get on my TV package.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Quiotu said:
Now... here's something that's bothering me.

Was there a season 9? Or do they just consider Back To Earth as the 9th season?

I haven't seen anything else other than Season 8 and Back To Earth.
They decided to skip season 9, likely due to many of its events being referenced in 'Back to Earth', such as Kochanski supposedly dying, but in the end just running away.
Back to Earth itself was a standalone set of episodes set after Season 9, but before Season X.

OT:
Smegging hell, its about time. And I remember reading September, not October, but oh well. Now time to find out if Dave streams online, and if it'll let me watch its streaming in Australia. If not, I'm sure some episodes will be up elsewhere reasonably quickly, so I'll watch it there instead if need be.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Man they look old.

Well, except for Kryten I suppose. :)

I haven't seen the trailer yet, is there a new person for Holly or is Hayridge returning? (From my understanding Lovett recently said he's not interested in returning.)

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I don't go rating sci-fi shows like that, mate. That way lies the madness, and not even the good-and-fun madness. You either like it or you don't. Me? I like it.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Hungry Donner said:
Man they look old.

I haven't seen the trailer yet, is there a new person for Holly or is Hayridge returning? (From my understanding Lovett recently said he's not interested in returning.)
Well when series 1 came out I was still in school now I'm six months short of 40. The tag line should be you are over 50 Dave. Don't know who is going to be playing Holly, there has been no information on that. Lovett is know to be quite diffcult, but Hattie mainly writes these days. You never know there could be a third (ok to be precise fourth actor) to play Holly.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Rimmer: "Do you think it's because the sub-space conduits have locked with the transponder calibrations and caused a major tachyon surge that has overloaded the time matrix?"
Kryten: "Ah, no, sir. I've just been jabbing it too hard."

If there are more fantastic lines like that then this series is going to be as good as the old ones

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I dunno- it sort of bums me a bit that they got back to Red Dwarf- I found the fewer characters in it the better written it was. But no Kochanski? Whaa? Chloe Anett was the neurotic bomb in series 7! Actually call me crazy but VII was my favourite series all round. Yep, even more than 6.

I just hope that if and when the show finally does end for good, they will have made it back to Earth at last.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
albino boo said:
Hungry Donner said:
Man they look old.

Well when series 1 came out I was still in school now I'm six months short of 40. The tag line should be you are over 50 Dave. Don't know who is going to be playing Holly, there has been no information on that. Lovett is know to be quite diffcult, but Hattie mainly writes these days. You never know there could be a third (ok to be precise fourth actor) to play Holly.
Ahh see I was just going to post that very question. I hope they get Lovett.