Smile and Nod: GTA 4: The Best Game I've Ever Played

ComradeJim270

Nov 24, 2007
I plan to review this game when I finish it... I think this time, I will try and make it sound as bad as possible, just as an experiment, and a demonstration of how staggeringly misleading a review can be.

So far, I'm enjoying the game, so it should be fun to pretend I'm not.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
'See, I love games like this. But I don't like the violence or the profainity or sex or that stuff. That's why I still can't wait for Spore.

SonofSeth

Dec 16, 2007
It's GTA! It's everything I expected and more.

It's realy strange, but all the flaws in this game actualy give it that certain special feel, at least for me.

dungeonmaster

Apr 30, 2008
I haven't played gta4 yet, and I don't think Im going too.
In my current drunken state (as a 28 year old) I think I've had enough with videos games and the opinions people have of them.
My 18 year old brother says that COD4 is the best game ever while I stand by my Halo3; hence my endless hours playing halo 1 with my buddys like 5 years ago.
But I'm already rambling......

P.S. I thought Cod 4 was boring and I quit like after one day, while I played halo3 like 50 times through.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I've got nothing against you Russ, you like this game and I have no problem with that, it's just that this sounded more like a User Review that I'd find on GameFAQs (no your isn't THAT bad, it's just that this felt a bit lacking) - and I just don't know whether to say "Good review" or "bad review" so, it was an OK Review, it just seems like every time a new GTA comes out, it's the best thing to happen in video gaming history, because they did some cool shit.

The game is awesome, but it's no 'criticism free (other than save points, which isn't really that big of a problem in the game, but yeah, it would be nice!) best thing in the world!' kind of game, and I swear all these reviews are starting to sound like they are just copied and pasted from those major sites like IGN and Gamespot.

I know you aren't a sellout Russ, but when you say something is the best game ever, I expect something REALLY convincing, like..convincing enough to "make me sell my computer for 10 bucks and buy a Mac" kind of persuasion.

Le' Moog

May 10, 2008
here I am, smiling a nodding. great article :)

I, like you, enjoy all the unnecessary stuff glittered around the main story missions that, inadvertidly (think thats the right word) make the game.

the only thing that annoyed me was, I thought it was set in Liberty City , well the same one as GTA III. I spent half an hour trying to scope out my old hideout before realising it was a different map all togther.

I've palyed 20 ish hours and have spent the majority of that farting about on t'internet, courtesy of tw@ cafe'.

possibly the most fantastical £70 i've ever spent. out of my mates, i was the only one to pre order it (home delivery). got the biggest grin for miles :D

I_LIKE_TACOS

May 2, 2008
no...no,no,no! people need to stop praising this game. its repeatative and gets boring after less than a week. slap a dress and makeup on a tranny but its still a tranny