Smile and Nod: The Escapist at the Webbys

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Smile and Nod: The Escapist at the Webbys

Russ Pitts returns home from the Webby party in Manhattan to play Russian Roulette, Jelly Belly style.

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
I also recommend a vodka martini "up" at the Gotham Bar and Grill next time you're in town.

It is, to quote a dipsomaniacal co-worker of mine, "the very best martini you're likely to find in this country or any other."

purple_haze

Dec 25, 2007
Surprisingly that's almost the exact image I had in my head of what you looked liked from listening to gwj/escapist radio.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Damn, I'm a good photographer! :p And you guys were having way too much fun, such that it needed documentation.

Also, Skunk Spray Jelly Bellies are of the Devil. >.<

Fun write-up, Russ!

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
I just want to say well done. On behalf of everyone thank you. Its great to be a member.

Dom Camus

Sep 8, 2006
Now you've done it, I'm sitting here trying to think up the coolest possible five words. (And failing.)

Incidentally, Mojitos are Caipirinhas for wusses. ;-P

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
Five-word speeches? I'm sure the Oscars could do with that - we could be in and out in under an hour if we cut out all the wittering on.

Good to see that gaming/web award ceremonies are starting to go upscale, though, steak and (I assume) free booze? Damn, I've got to start breaking into the industry.

And masochistic Jelly Bellys? Want...

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
One of the reasons I love the Escapist: the first page of an article about the Webby Awards is mostly about booze and exotic jelly beans.