Smoking. I do it because I love it.

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
I've smoked somewhat since I was 18. Though I really didn't get into it until I started smoking weed. Don't smoke weed anymore, just cigarettes.

I'm not addicted though. Been smoking for 2 years now. I do it because I love the taste of a good menthol, and the nicotine rush. Usually only smoke half a pack a day though. Stopped smoking 2 days ago because I ran out. Bought another pack this morning. My brand is marlboro smooth, 100's.

I smoke simply because I love it. Not sure if I will ever quit.

As for people who hate the smell, It's very easy to cover up the fact you've been smoking as well. Toothpaste or mouthwash work quite well. Wash your hands. Either smoke outdoors or in a moving car with the windows down to avoid having your clothes and hair smell like smoke. And put the butts in a sealed container instead of an ashtray, like a 20oz pop bottle, until you put your trash out.

The last bit is more advice to other people because I hate the smell of used butts.

So How do you feel about smoking?

case_orange

Mar 24, 2010
CrysisMcGee said:
I'm not addicted though. Been smoking for 2 years now. I do it because I love the taste of a good menthol, and the nicotine rush. Usually only smoke half a pack a day though. Stopped smoking 2 days ago because I ran out. Bought another pack this morning.
Sure you're not.

Don't get me wrong here, I loves me some menthol, too. But I'm hitting like 1-3 ciggs a day, tops. If you're doing half a pack then you're addicted.

Trust me here. I was up to almost a pack a day there for a while, and it took a shit-ton of effort to just get down to two-a-day. I hope to be done with em by the end of summer.

Face it kiddo, you're addicted. Might wanna do something about that.

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
I will never try it because I can find healthier outlets. I have peripheral friends who smoke, but I don't see them much, so as as long as they don't do it around me, I'm usually fine. I can't stand the smell...

I don't think you can really say you aren't addicted unless you test yourself to see how long you can go without a cigarette, just to see if you're dependent on it.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I don't smoke cigarettes regularly, seeing as I have Asthma. I can understand that you do it because you like it, but that doesn't mean you're not addicted. My policy with cigarettes is to only smoke them when someone offers me them. I'll never buy my own pack or anything.

With weed, well we have a different story.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Meh, I don't smoke myself, but I have plenty of friends who do. Honestly as long as you don't blow the smoke in my face I couldn't care less.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Both my parents smoke heavily, and I grew up around second hand smoke. I've tried it once or twice, and it's one of the most disgusting things I've put in my mouth, it felt like ash for hours. So yeah, can't say I see the appeal. Don't mind others smoking, and the fact that smokers are treated like pariahs in many places is pretty absurd.

Rath709

Mar 18, 2008
People love auto-erotic asphyxiation as well, but that doesn't make it a particularly prosperous idea.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
I dont smoke.
I personaly think its a nasty and deadly habit but thats just me.
I cant force anyone to stop and if i could i wouldent, its your choice not mine.

As long as people repect my personal boundry when it come to smoking then more power to them.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
If you want to smoke, do it. I smoke on occasion, myself. Usually a cigar or pipe tobacco.

Cargando

Apr 8, 2009
You can shove whatever crap you like into your body - nicotine, heroin, whatever. It's fine by me.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I don't smoke, never did. Out of principle I don't put things in my mouth that are still on fire. But I have nothing against other people doing it, as long as it doesn't bother non-smokers. Hey, it's you funeral.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
[joke]I smoke twenty five a day and I am not addicted, promise.[/joke]

Honestly though, you are in the denial phase. Soon you will accept it.

Camembert

Oct 21, 2009
I gave up smoking about two years ago (I have the odd one now when I'm drinking) and the best thing about it is being able to sit through a lecture without getting agitated if the lecturer forgets to give us a 5-min break.

I always thought I didn't want to give up, but now I have (I gave up for someone I was in love with) I'm very pleased I did.

Edit: And I couldn't care less where other people smoke. If they want to do it around me then that's fine.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
am a smoker,
switch between loving and hating it twelve times a day. Love it when i'm doing it, hate it just after.

People can do what they like with their bodies, don't like people smoking around their kids, or in small spaces.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
For some reason, the fact that someone smokes doesn't really bother me. Its when they run around smelling like disgusting, cheap cigarettes and get the smell all over the place that annoys me.
I must agree that it is a bad idea, though; its best never to start.

Though when I dream, I am often a smoker. o.0
Personally, getting even a waft of smoke gets me into a coughing/sneezing fit.