Smoking. I do it because I love it.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Dendio said:
Dark Templar said:
shark77 said:
TheFacelessOne said:
Don't smoke, never did.

I hate it being around people who smoke, and as such, I hold my breath as long as possible.

I could care less if you did it privately though. Your lungs you want to destroy, man. Just, don't destroy mine.
Same here. My sinuses are very sensitive to smoke, even when it's dispersed outdoors. I try my best to avoid smokers in public, but it's really hard when so many here at Uni blatantly ignore the '25ft from buildings' rule.
Yhea me too, I have a few breathing conditions and smoke bothers me a lot. Coughing, watery eyes, vomiting, the works.

Don't do it in public places guys. Please.
Some states have banned people from smoking inside public places (including bars and bowling allies). It's quite pleasant for us non-smokers, but smokers hate it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_ban
New York is one of them thankfully. I don't hate smokers, but if they smoke in a restaurant I am eating in, I have to either leave or cough up a lung and thats not very fair. As long as smokers keep it out of public places I don't have any problem with them.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I still hate people smoking around me though, makes me cough and the smell is horrible.

Mcroper

Apr 13, 2010
Smoking is a bit of both with me. Ive been smoking for 3 years now and i dont feel addicted but if i go a week without a cigarette i'll notice it and start wanting one.
I think the English smoking ban in public areas is fair enough and i'll certainly go along with it, but at the end of the day it's my choice to smoke. Smokers dont particularly want people coming up to them and saying "OMG THAT KILLZ YOU LOL" because we know that, we're not stupid...
I don't smoke around non-smokers, I hold my cigarettes well away from children (even if they're just passing me by) and i respect the smoking laws. I don't feel as though people should tell me what to do and tell me to quit because i'm sticking to THEIR rules. If I want to kill myself slowly with cigarettes people reminding me isn't going to make me quit.
I wouldn't say i'd far as saying that I love it but i certainly dont smoke because i hate it
/rant

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
When the bastards started banning smoking in pubs in Australia the sneaky shits did it on OHS grounds... all got started when a woman who served bar for 30 odd years got lung cancer but never smoked in her life... So yeah, they didn't go "but think of the pristine lungs of the non-smokers!" because most of us would have said "fuck em". No, they said "YOU'RE KILLING THE BARMAIDS!" and took our cigs away from the pubs. Smokers said "but... but... but..." and the govt said "nup. you can't ask people to work in toxic workplaces on bar serving wages and if the pubs had to pay them that much you'd riot over the increase in what they'd charge for drinks... so let's cut all the shit, smoking banned from the boozer." So now we all smoke outside the pub and ***** about it when it's cold, raining, or non-smokers have decided it's nice weather to sit outside and take up all outdoor seating.

i did it 4 the lulz

Oct 13, 2009
like it, good when i want to relax! But never around children or babys thats just bad. And snus some times sins i live in swedan its big here and a little cheaper than ciggarets. but taste like shit when you kiss someone.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Smoking? I think it's disguisting.

Luckily, I live in a relatively enlightened society where smoking is banned in public places. It doesn't bother me if people do it in the privacy of their own home.

I remember when the smoking ban was introduced over here and they were getting the opinion of one smoker who was obviously opposed to the ban, stating it was infringing on his human rights. Funny that the guy had skin like a dried riverbed and a voice that made Marcus Fenix sound like a 5 year old girl in comparison...

Ruin your own health if you want mister, just don't drag us into it as well.

Murtdragon

Apr 5, 2010
I smoke because it makes me look cool. Just joking...

Ok ok seriously... I started smoking becuase when I got drunk woth some of my friends, they would smoke, and offer me a cigarette. Sadly, I'm incapable of saying no when I'm drunk. I gradually started smoking regularly, until I had an "incident" where I drunkenly (very drunkenly) smoked a few Marlboro Reds the wrong way. I stopped smoking every day, but every few weeks or so, I get a craving for a cigarette. Just one, but they don't sell single cigarettes. And when I'm drinking I smoke like a chimmney, so I try and not make a habit of it.

Like Marsprobe said above me, "Ruin your own health if you want mister, just don't drag us into it as well." Quite right. Even as a light smoker (thats how I define myself), it was horrible going into a restaurant to eat and the place stinking of smoke.

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
I like teh weed and tobacco sometimes, but menthols are disgusting. I can't believe people enjoy smoking them.