Sneak Peak of New Predator Movie

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
BlueHighwind said:
Why isn't this just Predator 3? There was nothing wrong with the Predator movies - on their own. It was when they started pairing them off with the Alien franchise, which had long since collapsed, that things started going bad. Why does everything need to be rebootted?

Well, to me, this is definitely "Predator 3".
I don't think it's necessarily a reboot. It's just doing the "Aliens" thing in that it's a sequel, but instead of having "3" at the end, they just make it plural.

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
Pleaaase be good. Since they are making it as something of a reboot I'm hoping they can impress.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
I want this to work so bad.
Same. For once I would love to see something decent come from Preador...rather than the versus films

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Looks good actually. Good thing they didn't try to just remake the first one, and are going a different rout.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Besides, Predator 2 sucked. Forgetting that movie was ever made is a good idea.

So predator hunting dogs? Interesting. Some of the choices implied by this are interesting.

In the first movie it was obvious that everyone but Arnold and the chick were red shirts. They fleshed them out anyway, which was good, but it was stupid to think that it would not be whittled down to just Arnold before the end, and that Arnold would live. In this, they seem to be trying to keep you guessing as to who will live. I hope they don't just play against cliche like in Deep Blue Sea where people died and lived when you weren't expecting it. Here they seem to be keeping the team together with each member of equal importance. That could add some suspense.

Hopefully it pays off, but we'll see in July.

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
scotth266 said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
MurderousToaster said:
I may go to see this, it looks like it may be enjoyable and exciting. Also, is it just me or does Laurence Fishbourne speak very quietly in his roles?
It's because if he spoke any louder his awesomeness would cause your skull to implode.
Just like Morgan Freeman.

I'm mildly enthused for this movie now. It looks like an actual attempt to do something GOOD with the series.
Agreed:
<youtube=knrdWMIIQ-0>
Still, I've been looking forward to this for a while, and this didn't disappoint. Has some really great potential, and hopefully it turns out good.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
So it looks like this predator has a predator dog.

I had no idea this was even being made.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
AvsJoe said:
I'm purposely not going to watch this clip. Nor am I going to follow any updates on the movie and I hope to avoid the trailer in the coming months (this'll take luck; I'm sure plenty of theater chains will be showing these trailers soon). I want to walk into this movie knowing nothing more than the cast. I'll get a more pure experience that way.
Im with you on that, except I saw the vid at the top

Jun 6, 2009
Wasder said:
This looks awesome, I sure as hell hope it doesn't disappoint, or I will kill several people.
There's a way I can help you avoid that. Watch Uwe Boll's BloodRayne 3 (Yes, someone's giving this man money to make another movie) right before you see this. Your expectations will be so condierably lower that this movie could not dissapoint.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
BrotherhoodOfSteel said:
There's a way I can help you avoid that. Watch Uwe Boll's BloodRayne 3 (Yes, someone's giving this man money to make another movie) right before you see this. Your expectations will be so condierably lower that this movie could not dissapoint.
True story.

I rented Alone in the Dark to finally get around to watching a Uwe Boll movie. My gf at the time rented Doogal, which is known as Magic Roundabaout everywhere else. The American version is much, much worse than the European version. We watched Doogal first and it was so bad that Alone in the Dark was enjoyable by comparison.

Quesa

Jul 8, 2009
j0z said:
Understandable, and much like what happened between Alien and Aliens.
Indeed, the uncoordinated civilians in Aliens fair much better than the uncoordinated civilians in Alien. Wait, what?

Sodoff

Oct 15, 2009
I just had a Awesplosion !! this is pure win!

Can't wait to see it..

please let it not suck..
May the Wrath of Schwarzenegger strike down upon them if it is not pure epic!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
At first I was apprehensive about this movie. Topher Grace being in it sort of put me off.
Foreman vs Predator, I thought. And I brushed it off like that.

Then, I saw it was being made by Robert Rodriguez, maker of awesome zombie film Planet Terror! And then, Lawrence Fishbourne was revealed to be in it. And then, it was revealed that Topher Grace was playing an office type, giving three options.

1 - He gets killed by the Preds early on for comedic effect.

2 - He is an asshole who the rest of the humans kill for being a conniving prick.

3 - He survives throughout most of the movie and turns into a survivor.

I'm really hoping for the first two to happen.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Quesa said:
j0z said:
Understandable, and much like what happened between Alien and Aliens.
Indeed, the uncoordinated civilians in Aliens fair much better than the uncoordinated civilians in Alien. Wait, what?
What I mean is that while in the first movie, the alien was pretty much an unstoppable force that stuck to the shadows, and no one even saw it until it was to late. In Aliens they were basically cannon fodder the entire movie, and seemed to have lost all their stealth instincts (for the most part)

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
I like how the title is in plural.

imma perdy excited.
Although, I would like the predators to have the same look they had in the first Alien vs. Predator movie. 'twas the most badass predators I have ever seen, and possibly the most badass characters/creatures I have ever seen in any movie or game.

Sajuuk-khar

Oct 31, 2009
They really screwed both franchises when they made the AvP movies; two of the worst movies ever. A new Alien film is coming and a new Predator, might be ok. I like that Ridley Scott is doing the Alien film again. Robert Rodriquez doing Predators? Could be worse, I guess.