Sneak Peak of New Predator Movie

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
Rodriguez is very much a style over substance guy, his movies always look great but lack any real heart.
This could be great...but it'll probably be mediocre. Even with Brody and Fishburn.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Macksheath said:
MurderousToaster said:
I may go to see this, it looks like it may be enjoyable and exciting. Also, is it just me or does Laurence Fishbourne speak very quietly in his roles?
Considering you are trapped on a planet filled with horrific creatures and an alien race that wants your skull as a drinking cup I'd be whispering constantly as well.

Also, I agree; this looks really good, and at least it isn't going to try to top the original, which I thought was near perfect.
Not just in this, he tends to speak quite quietly in everything. He had a rather quiet voice (the speech to the residents of Zion notwithstanding) in the Matrix, too.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
This is the first I've heard of it. How is that possible?!

... and is that the bloke from Caprica?

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
Nincompoop said:
I like how the title is in plural.
Thats what put me off. I had doubts the moment I saw it. One predator is more than enough for a group of humans. A bunch of them would just be overkill.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
RODRIGUEZ!? This guy is like the underrated, more action-focused Tarantino. I can't wait to see this. He has made such great films, including but not limited to:

- El Mariachi (First film on a budget of around $7000 or so)
- Desperado
- Once Upon a Time in Mexico
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- Sin City
- Planet Terror

This should be good... I can't wait. I also wonder when Machete will finally be released.

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
Am I the only one whose having a nerdgasm over this? The Predator movie was like, the first R rated movie I ever saw. My dad and me were in the movie store, and my mom was out for the evening so we rented it. I think I was 11 or 12. I felt like such a 'grown-up', and my dad made me promise not to tell my mom he let me watch it lol. Good memories. I'm stoked they are re-making it.

/me hopes that they can get The Governator to do a cameo since he's no longer Governor of Cali.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
AvsJoe said:
I'm purposely not going to watch this clip. Nor am I going to follow any updates on the movie and I hope to avoid the trailer in the coming months (this'll take luck; I'm sure plenty of theater chains will be showing these trailers soon). I want to walk into this movie knowing nothing more than the cast. I'll get a more pure experience that way.
I understand, though I do not mind. I remember when the latest Rambo came out I looked up any video or image, so anxious and eager was I to see it; and it still kicked my arse with amazingness that first midnight show.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
This actually looks pretty sweet.
I trust Robert Rodriguez... but he better not disappoint OR ELSE!
[sub](or else I will be very very angry and I will write him a letter telling him how angry I am)[/sub]

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
That said:
It's looks interesting, my only problem is, however, are they going to be mowing down predators? Because if they are then I fear they might have made the predators weaker, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.
I wonder if the rule of ninja apply to Predators. The more ninjas you have in a room, the easier they are to kill

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Anybody else find it amuseing that after the man in the video mentions the fans, the movie cuts to "They Change, they Adapt...how do we kill them?"

Then after that, the man in the video goes on about how there such killers, such preadators!

I know there talking about the predator, but i just found that amuseing.

Persoanly, i have kinda an Eh feeling about this movie, not sure why.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
GrinningManiac said:
Awesome.

My concern is that, with so many preadators chasin' them, the Predators in this film will either completley destroy all the humans in the first ten minutes, or they'll be a very weak bunch of wannabe predators that screw up all the time
It'd be a nice twist if, for once, the humans actually had brains and managed to think their way out of dangerous situations, instead of knocking down half a forest with gunfire only to be stabbed from behind moments later.

Ah, a guy can dream.

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
Ive been waiting for a moment to use this and here goes...

Im so happy I could shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBv2y1MPnv4&feature=PlayList&p=93218A5408451A26&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8