Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 Arrives In Time For Halloween

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 Arrives In Time For Halloween

It's time to kill undead fascists again, this time with new maps and enemies.

Now, instead of arguing about whether Nazis or Zombies are [a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/no-right-answer/8285-Most-Played-Out-Villain-Ever?utm_source=videos&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all]the most overplayed[/a], you can enjoy them both. Again! Back in February, Rebellion released a horror spin-off of its Sniper Elite series entitled Nazi Zombie Army. Now a follow-up, creatively called Nazi Zombie Army 2 will arrive just in time for the Halloween festivities.

The game's fairly similar this time around. Players work together in groups of four as they prowl around the bombed-out streets of WWII Germany, hunting the demonic undead remnants of the Third Reich. The trailer flies through the hellish new campaign, which looks exactly like how Americans imagine the entirety of Europe after the World Cup. There are also new monsters to shred with the disgusting x-ray kill cam, like the Fire Demon and the Summoner. "There's been a huge focus on making the levels more intimidating and the enemies even more grotesque and challenging," said Rebellion CEO and Creative Director Jason Kingsley.

If you haven't figured it out by this point, the game's banned in Germany. Go figure.

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 launches on October 31st on the PC for [a href=http://store.steampowered.com/app/247910]$14.99[/a], but a pre-order will net you a 20% discount.

Source: [a href=http://store.steampowered.com/app/247910]Steam[/a]

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
I'm really surprised Activision isn't suing them into oblivion over something like this. Not that I support that kind of behavior, this looks genuinely interesting, but I figured someone would try and claim they copied CoD.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I'm looking forward to this. The original was much more fun than it should have been. Hopefully they add a defense mode too it. Being able to setup traps and such while holding a position was fun in the original but that game was mostly about moving forward.

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
I bought the original and had some with it.
But they had no support for it.

Them bringing out a sequel this fast at the same price turns me off.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Wait, they made a sequel?

Let's be frank here. The original didn't merit much beyond dlc for the original game, let alone a $15 stand alone. Unless they drastically changed the game to give it more depth, I would probably rank this even less.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a months or two later "Sniper Elite: Zombie Army 2" in Germany as the same happened with the original. And as far as I could tell, only symbols and the word "Nazi" in the title got cut in that case - even the X-Ray Cam was still there.
And yes, they even sold that version retail.

LordLundar said:
Wait, they made a sequel?

Let's be frank here. The original didn't merit much beyond dlc for the original game, let alone a $15 stand alone. Unless they drastically changed the game to give it more depth, I would probably rank this even less.
Well, the original DID end on a cliffhanger...

sorsa

Dec 19, 2011
IanDavis said:
If you haven't figured it out by this point, the game's banned in Germany. Go figure.
Wouldn't read too much into it, Germany has a long and retarded tradition of banning shooters for ridiculous and arbitrary reasons. The decision of which game gets banned is likely made by some middle aged non gaming officials who don't give a rats ass about games, but have to look busy and pretentious to justify their monthly pay check...

In Germany we just roll our eyes and use Steam or other services to buy and play whatever the hell we want.. so they are pretty much fighting windmills and wasting everyone's time and tax money.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Zombies.

Nazis.

I'm tired of these two overused antagonists, provide something fresh and original for once please?