Sniper Elite Now Chock Full O'Zombies

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Sniper Elite Now Chock Full O'Zombies

Sniper Elite's Karl Fairburne seems to be getting awfully close-range, for a trained sniper.

"One man is utterly alone amidst the chaos of war," Rebellion teased back in January [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121758-Sniper-Elite-Developer-Teases-Horror-Title], and now we know why: Hitler's kicked off Plan Z, and the world's gone to hell in a Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army handbasket. For a trained sniper, you seem to be expected to get awfully close to the opposition - at least, according to the trailer - but perhaps there's some tactical necessity involved.

Says Rebellion's Jason Kingsley, "we've self-published Nazi Zombie Army as a stand-alone title, which has been enormously satisfying, and the response from both Sniper Elite fans and other gamers alike is fantastic." This one's potentially co-op, with you and three friends getting together one foggy evening and blasting the minions of Hell right back to the Inferno. Otherwise you can tackle its challenges solo, if you think you have what it takes to take on Nazi zombies alone, as Karl Fairburne, super sniper hero.

It's going to be available on Steam very soon [http://store.steampowered.com/app/227100], and there are special discounts available for those who buy within the next 4 hours - as of time of writing - but otherwise this'll set you back about $15. You can also buy what's called a 4-pack, which is 4 copies of the same game for about $50; you just have 3 to give away to friends, which will save a couple bucks if you know three like-minded souls who'd be interested in sharing the cost.

Source: VG24/7 [http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/28/sniper-elite-nazi-zombie-army-hits-steam-today-new-trailer-inside/]

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
NAZIS? AND ZOMBIES?!?!?! IT IS ALL THE THINGS I LOVE TO SHOOT!!!!! Purchase forthcoming..... Unless they managed to make it a steaming pile of shat...... hmmmm yeah forgot I do not trust companies with my preorder anymore..... Here is hoping it it good.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
No 360 version... that makes me a sad panda...
I remember playing the original with a friend of mine on my old original, that was a fantastic game, it required planning, patience, and creativity.
I'm all let down now, first V2 and now this. I would have been with V2's letdown if they had released this as arcade...

But here I am. A sad panda.

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Occult zombies? Is that really you? It's been so long...
And Hilter's accent was terrible.
slash2x said:
NAZIS? AND ZOMBIES?!?!?! IT IS ALL THE THINGS I LOVE TO SHOOT!!!!! Purchase forthcoming..... (Unless they managed to make it a steaming pile of shat...... hmmmm yeah forgot I do not trust companies with my preorder anymore..... Here is hoping it it good.
YO DAWG! I heard you like shooting things that are dead inside dawg!
DAAAAAAMN DUDE YOU PUT THAT THING IN THAT OTHER THING I WANTED!!!!!!! THAT IS THE SHIT SON!!!

Seriously are they just letting their marketing department troll us at this point?

Phoenix8541

No Regrets
Sep 10, 2012
Never gets old, and it's two things people love to kill and no one gets hurt feelings for killing Nazi's or the undead so win win

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
The similarities to CoD's co-op are... blatant, but for some reason I'm far more interested in this than I have been in that *other* zombies game for a looooong time.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Well, you gotta hand it to them: they went straight for the cheese, like a bunch of homing mice.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
4-Player-Coop against Nazi Zombies... 4-Player-Coop against Nazi Zombies... why does that sound so familiar?
Well...I have no idea [http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies].

No, honestly, that seems too familiar to be a coincident, if you ask me. On the other hand, I always wanted my stand-alone-version of that game and I might get it now.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Ugh,for the love of god can't we just get over zombies and Nazis? Ffs.

Well, I'm going to be that guy;

NearLifeExperience

Oct 21, 2012
Phoenix8541 said:
Never gets old, and it's two things people love to kill and no one gets hurt feelings for killing Nazi's or the undead so win win
It's been old for years, and this title just adds to the stinking pile of shite developers so desperately needed to slap zombies on. And I'd say anyone who gets their feelings hurt over a videogame deserves it and is in dire need of a reevaluation of their life.

Anyway, clearly this is a game aimed at young teenagers and simpletons. Obviously I can't say anything about how it actually plays, but this video said nothing but "durr look at our game, we have zombies like everyone else now, please buy". And how can a game still call itself 'Sniper Elite' with a straight face, when you spend the majority of the time shotgunning hordes of undead from up close?

I like Yathzee's idea of a game in which you and your mates have to survive against a tidal wave of zombie games, called 'ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING ZOMBIES ALREADY'

Bindal

May 14, 2012
mad825 said:
Ugh,for the love of god can't we just get over zombies and Nazis? Ffs.
Together, we only were shooting them three times in 2008 (with a re-release late 2011) and once in 2010... that combination is hardly overused.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
I liked that one part in the trailer where he sniped. jk

Looks intriguing, oh the shame.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
Looks like the picking enemies of one by one from far away silently, timing your shots with artillery fire, and all the other things i enjoyed about the Sniper Elite series, has now been replaced by boring, generic Nazi Zombies, oh joy.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
NoneOfYourBusiness said:
Looks like the picking enemies of one by one from far away silently, timing your shots with artillery fire, and all the other things i enjoyed about the Sniper Elite series, has now been replaced by boring, generic Nazi Zombies, oh joy.
How can something be generic when it has only been done twice in game so far?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it's how you sell games on a large scale isn't it, throw some dubstep and ponies in there for the full whammy.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
Bindal said:
NoneOfYourBusiness said:
How can something be generic when it has only been done twice in game so far?
Zombies and Nazis are both really generic videogame enemies, together, they become super generic.