Sniper Elite V2 Assaults Wii U This Spring

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Sniper Elite V2 Assaults Wii U This Spring

One of the most brutal games of the generation is coming to the Wii U.

If you're a Wii U owner and Zombie U hasn't satisfied your needs for mature-rated content, you'll soon get the chance to head back to World War 2 on a skull-busting adventure. Sniper Elite V2 has just been confirmed for a Spring 2013 release on Nintendo's new system, and it's bringing all of its bloody brain bits along for the ride.

The Wii U's gamepad will be used for features like tagging maps with enemy and trap locations, and monitoring your health and breathing. Thankfully, it appears developer Rebellion has avoided using the gamepad for things like aiming, as we really don't feel like holding our arms up for hours on end.

If you haven't played the latest Sniper Elite title, you should know that it's extremely gory. No, not just blood-squirts-when-you-shoot-someone gory, but also watch-the-bullet-tear-through-eyeballs-and-brain-tissue gory. So if you were planning on picking this one up, it's probably best you put the kids to bed before taking to the digital battlefield.

AgentCooper

Dec 16, 2010
Vault Citizen said:
Does anyone know if the chance to shoot Hitler will be available in this version of the game?
I think they are porting the GOTY edition to the Wii U with all the dlc.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
eyepatchdreams said:
Vault Citizen said:
Does anyone know if the chance to shoot Hitler will be available in this version of the game?
Game of the Year edition? They won no such awards so I doubt that they'd be calling it that.

OT:This game kinda flopped on the PC because it was a repetitive and short game. It wasn't that great and didn't really improve on the first game besides the slo-mo x ray vision. Other than that, the game itself was bland. I got all I wanted out of it playing the demo and didn't think I'd ever pay more than $10 for it.

AgentCooper

Dec 16, 2010
AzrealMaximillion said:
eyepatchdreams said:
Vault Citizen said:
Game of the Year edition? They won no such awards so I doubt that they'd be calling it that.

OT:This game kinda flopped on the PC because it was a repetitive and short game. It wasn't that great and didn't really improve on the first game besides the slo-mo x ray vision. Other than that, the game itself was bland. I got all I wanted out of it playing the demo and didn't think I'd ever pay more than $10 for it.
It's called Silver Star edition and includes all the pre-order and regular DLC. Its essential a GOTY edition and they changed the name on the box art to Silver Star as while it was called the game of the year edition previously.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
eyepatchdreams said:
It's called Silver Star edition and includes all the pre-order and regular DLC. Its essential a GOTY edition and they changed the name on the box art to Silver Star as while it was called the game of the year edition previously.
I see. That makes more sense. Sniper Elite V2 was not treated nicely when it came to reviews, and rightly so. It didn't live up to the hype it drew in.