SNK Announces Metal Slug XX

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
SNK Announces Metal Slug XX

Seemingly abandoning any semblance of a proper numbering scheme, SNK has revealed the next entry in its flagship run-and-gun series, Metal Slug XX.

If the last Metal Slug you played was number 7, don't let the "XX" in the game's title fool you into thinking you've missed 13 entries. This new Metal Slug is something of a remix of that DS-exclusive shooter.

The PSP-exclusive is said to contain seven levels complete with alternate paths, over 70 mini-games in the returning "Combat School" mode and multiplayer via the handheld's ad-hoc networking. All pretty standard, really.

On the other hand, this new game promises "additional characters" to complement the standard Ikari Warriors and Metal Slugians. Given SNK's penchant for fan service, this probably indicates at least even odds of a cameo appearance by someone we've seen before, somewhere in the SNK universe. I've got my fingers crossed for Lee Rekka, but they'll probably just shoehorn a certain scantily clad kunoichi [http://images.google.com/images?q=mai%20shiranui&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi] into the game specifically to spite me with breasts (the worst kind of spite).

Currently the only release information SNK has revealed is that MSXX will hit Japanese retail shelves on December 23. Based on series history though, I feel confident that we can expect to see the game make its worldwide debut a short time later.

(Via QJ [http://pspupdates.qj.net/SNK-announces-new-Metal-Slug-game-for-PSP/pg/49/aid/135027])

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
FUCK
TO
THE

I love Metal Slug more than any other game in existence. For Christ's sake, I bought a Neo-Geo machine SPECIFICALLY so I could play Metal Slug II with the full arcade experience!

I need a seal of approval now.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Everyone knows freaking Eri is the best character. Forget everyone else.

Although I will admit Marco's Rambo look-alike abilities are formidable.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
UltimatheChosen said:
I'm holding out for Metal Slug XXX, myself.
beat me to the joke...damn!
i ques that i make 2 of us...

I wanted ot be first

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Clearly it's Metal Slug X-squared, which means it's X times the X that Metal Slug X [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Slug_2#Metal_Slug_X] was.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
This isn't the first time they've done this
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3

Metal Slug X is a remix of two with extra levels so this is very fitting. Honestly I thought a DS exclusive Metal Slug is dumb, it's an arcade game it's meant to be played next to someone and that you can curse at for getting you killed. I guess the same thing works for the DS but bah I'd rather see it on a console, PSP is a decent step forward since you can put it on the screen but, again, I'd rather see a console release or an arcade release.

Anyway who cares Metal Slug rules and it's great to see the series alive!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Snotnarok said:
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3

Metal Slug X is a remix of two with extra levels so this is very fitting. Honestly I thought a DS exclusive Metal Slug is dumb, it's an arcade game it's meant to be played next to someone and that you can curse at for getting you killed. I guess the same thing works for the DS but bah I'd rather see it on a console, PSP is a decent step forward since you can put it on the screen but, again, I'd rather see a console release or an arcade release.
Are we excluding this by any chance?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Snotnarok said:
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3

Are we excluding this by any chance?

Not at all, I had that. But the metal slug for DS is not on the wii/PS2 disc.

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
If the last Metal Slug you played was number 7, don't let the "XX" in the game's title fool you into thinking you've missed 13 entries. This new Metal Slug is something of a remix of that DS-exclusive shooter.
Aw... my enthusiasm died when I read this. Too bad, I thought it was a brand new Metal Slug. Oh well, good news for PSP owners I guess.

FURY_007

Jun 8, 2008
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

ok, im done, YESSSSSSSS, now im done, for real

thank got its on the PSP, i was pretty pissed that 7 came out for the DS only, Cuz i never had a reason to get one, and i didnt want to pay 150 or whatever to play one game, even though itd be worth it for a new metal slug :p butyeah, definitely getting this when it comes out, soooo excited

P.S. Tarma FTW

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
hmm, well Metal Slug anthology was worth every penny I paid for it, but that because it came with 7 games. I might buy this one if it's reasonably priced, like 20-35 dollars. Anthology had 7 games so it was worth the 40-50 bucks I paid for it, but I wont pay full price for this unless it's packen some major content.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
MR T3D said:
UltimatheChosen said:
I'm holding out for Metal Slug XXX, myself.
beat me to the joke...damn!
i ques that i make 2 of us...

I wanted ot be first
What!? third place?

Damn I must be getting slow on the draw.

Oh Metal Slug, I'll be sure to check Xbox Live Arcade for you the next time the mood strikes me.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Looking at screenshots of the game it looks an awful lot like the flash game Commando 2 [http://www.miniclip.com/games/commando-2/fr/] (or is it the other way around?). Is Commando 2 based on the Metal Slug concept?

skribb

Sep 3, 2008
Woem said:
Looking at screenshots of the game it looks an awful lot like the flash game Commando 2 [http://www.miniclip.com/games/commando-2/fr/] (or is it the other way around?). Is Commando 2 based on the Metal Slug concept?
Metal Slug 1 came out like 15 years ago, you do the math. ;)