So. 90 days til Skyrim launches. What will you do first?

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
SimpleJack said:
Fiad said:
Stare at the sky for around an hour. Every Elder Scrolls game has had amazing sky textures/animations.
I knew it wasnt just me.... I also like looking a how the trees move to the wind -_-
I'm pretty stoked for the water effects. I wanna just sit in a cave, looking through my loot, as a stream trickles through the floor of the cave, out into the open world beyond.

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
Skyrim is coming out that soon? Seriously? I haven't been following the game that closely and just assumed it was out in 2012.

When I played Oblivion I never actually did a single main story mission beyond the opening, just spend my time wandering around exploring and looking for side quests. I'll probably follow suit with Skyrim. The very first thing I'll do after getting into the world map is look for the most distant point on the horizon I can see and walk to it.

aarontg

Aug 10, 2009
Once I'm aloud into the big game world and I'm given my big important quest I'll probably do what I do in any open-world game and say "fuck that I'm going exploring".

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I'll get myself settled down somewhere, enchanting weapons for the local smith.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
*Make a Nord,
*Learn some lightning spells,
*Get a hammer and enchant it with Lightning,
*Go around and smack some shit...
*I forgot to mention that I will call my Nord Thor.

That or:

Get lost.

Kyprioth

Aug 4, 2009
What game are you talking about? I've never heard of this Skyrim.

Oh, do you mean Scrolls? I can't wait for the next Scrolls game.

But seriously? Steal anything not tied down.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Penguin_Factory said:
Skyrim is coming out that soon? Seriously? I haven't been following the game that closely and just assumed it was out in 2012.

When I played Oblivion I never actually did a single main story mission beyond the opening, just spend my time wandering around exploring and looking for side quests. I'll probably follow suit with Skyrim. The very first thing I'll do after getting into the world map is look for the most distant point on the horizon I can see and walk to it.
Yeah, I've never even touched the story missions in Oblivion. I craft my own adventure.

Ragsnstitches said:
*Make a Nord,
*Learn some lightning spells,
*Get a hammer and enchant it with Lightning,
*Go around and smack some shit...
*I forgot to mention that I will call my Nord Thor.

That or:

Get lost.
I suspect you will not be alone in this. Heck, I bet that if I had a nickel for every Norse character made on release day, I'd be rich by the next morning.

Xaio30 said:
I'll get myself settled down somewhere, enchanting weapons for the local smith.
And if it starts anything like Oblivion, I'm sure everyone in town will love having a low level healing spell cast on their weapons. :p

Mar 9, 2010
I'm going to test out both the new combat mechanics and speech mechanics and see if they meet my expectation. From what I've seen they do, but I think that's the point of expectations.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Install it.

Then pretend i've gone deaf so I can't hear my wife talking over my gaming for a few weeks.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I'ma gonna shank a *****!

Nah I don't know what, to much choice, probably steal a lot of stuff!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Make a Viking version of Gandalf and walk around being all aloof and bombastic and shit. Dual wielding spells and swords here I come!

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
Steal EVERYTHING! Because that's all any sane person can do in an Elder Scroll game is become a kleptomaniac.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Someone needs to make a "STEAL ALL THE THINGS!" for TES.

I've never been one to steal profusely in games though. I tend to just steal what I need. Or, conversely, very, very valuable things.

I have no need for 60 pewter mugs.

Flip-Shying

Jun 22, 2011
I wish I could play this game on the day it launches. I have to wait until 18 November because I'm busy with exams. When I do play it though I'll just do whatever the game leads me to do.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Simeon Ivanov said:
Get a wife probably ... those weapons aren't gonna clean themselves :D
/internet high five!

And you'd better get her some good alchemy equipment to keep them potions coming. And get her some ice-spell scrolls so she has no excuse for them to be warm.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I'm going to Mr. Mochi the place up a bit.

Prolly what I'll really do is ignore the main quest and hunt for the more interesting side quests.