So A Teacher At My School Was Just Fired...

The Shadowlord

Jul 18, 2011
How dare he attempt to allow students to enjoy themselves during school hours!

No, seriously. It's ridiculous the fact he's getting punished for this. At the age of most of those kids, I can guarantee they've already seen far, far worse. He should receive a warning for his behaviour, not termination.

Jan 27, 2011
Meanwhile there are teachers who are shit at their jobs, but toe the line of decency, and they still keep their jobs...

That sucks, OP.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I dunno, I'm kinda on the fence on this one. On one hand, showing the kids Jackass 2 isn't really THAT bad, probably worth some strict disciplinary action, but not really a firing.

On the other hand, he did this knowing FULL WELL that it wasn't something he was supposed to be doing. He HAD to know that people would pitch a fit if they knew he was showing this to kids.

And frankly, I'm all for people being punished for doing something stupid that they KNOW they shouldn't be doing.

cameron112497

Jan 9, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
I dunno, I'm kinda on the fence on this one. On one hand, showing the kids Jackass 2 isn't really THAT bad, probably worth some strict disciplinary action, but not really a firing.

On the other hand, he did this knowing FULL WELL that it wasn't something he was supposed to be doing. He HAD to know that people would pitch a fit if they knew he was showing this to kids.

And frankly, I'm all for people being punished for doing something stupid that they KNOW they shouldn't be doing.
The problem is that the punishment for this is far far worse than simply losing one job. Each school he goes to from now on will know what he has done and finding a job will be hard, but what is ruining one man's career compared to getting some extra ratings on the news show?

juraigamer

Sep 3, 2008
It's no worse than some of the shit on TV here in the states.

Granted, it was a show with a rating that was above what he should be showing to the students. I say he should be punished, but terminated? Do these parents who let their kids play Mature games and watch R movies even know what they are doing? I think they don't.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
How old are the kids that he showed the video too? cause I cnt imagine them not having seen them if tehy're in their teens.

Though I remmber one of my old high school teachers was forced to step down after he picked a kid up by the neck and told him to shut the fuck up while he was speaking so i dont know, really this sint all that bad comparitively.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
CODE-D said:
WE watched much worse in my sociology class.
And in sex ed they show us much much much worse where stds come to topic.
So I find this odd.
Did you have to bring in a signed permission slip, or at least have parental consent to view the sex-ed video or the sociology video?

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Jackass is a show that glories stupidity and is on the intellectually level of Jersey Shore and Paris Hilton. I say the guy should have been fired. Mostly because I have a pet peeve for people who like that show and akin them to "bros".

Regardless of my feelings, I don't really know if he was a good teacher and by that I don't mean a buddy to his students but someone who educated really well. I think this is a more you had to be there thing for me to judge.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
As a former high school student, nope, I don't see the issue. I'm pretty sure all of the kids already saw this or just found something funny to interrupt their day. Hell, they let us watch Jersey Shore and Housewives. That's just as bad. >.>

They saw it and promptly forgot about it in time for their next class. It's a free period. Either you dick around or you sleep. No one does any actual work during that period unless the teacher requested it be handed in at the end of class.

They're making a big deal out of nothing. I swear some parents don't focus on the important stuff for their kids.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
aegix drakan said:
Meanwhile there are teachers who are shit at their jobs...
Oddly enough, I would think someone watching movies while they're getting paid to work would constitute as being "shit at their job".

but it seems like most ppl think it's perfectly ok for him to goof off, apparently that's all that the students want to do too, right?

ya, really legit teacher right there.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I could see a teacher I know doing something like this, except not with a lewd scene. That's alittle too far. There's nothing a clip in Jackass can do that showing old footage of Nanjing or Vietnam can far over do.
The thing is: the kids asked to see the clip and the teacher wasn't planning on showing it.

EDIT:
We watch people smoke meth in episodes of Intervention all the time in Psychology.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
There was a really hot teacher student that apparently made out with some chick on a reality show, and they made her leave for something she did outside of class.

Yeah, what your teacher did was pretty stupid, but I don't think that was worth getting sacked over. Then again, I'm a pretty liberal person, and I'm pretty upset with the school system and the amount of shit they overreact to.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
That bites he sounds like an awesome teacher. I had a teacher where we watched this:

and several other youtube videos during class because our teacher was impressed with our last papers and gave us a free day.

The best teachers always break the rules.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
GrandmaFunk said:
aegix drakan said:
Meanwhile there are teachers who are shit at their jobs...
Oddly enough, I would think someone watching movies while they're getting paid to work would constitute as being "shit at their job".

but it seems like most ppl think it's perfectly ok for him to goof off, apparently that's all that the students want to do too, right?

ya, really legit teacher right there.
Obsideo said:
watched the movie "Jackass 2" on his laptop while students worked at their desks
He wasn't just fucking around, the students were given their assignment.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
'Violating school norms'

Does that phrase literally mean doing something out of the ordinary? Or is it a phrase that isn't used often in my world?

Personally I can see the point, age limit are age limits, and in that kind of proffession you have to be carefull about that kind of stuff! Some parents are very finnicky about that kind of thing, and it would get you in trouble!

To be honest though, I was in the air cadets from 13 onwards, and we saw a whole lot worse stuff there with the officers and NCOs!!

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
I remember in highschool, we got our straight laced math teacher to let uswatch Superbad.

He turned it off when it got the the part about the compulsion to draw dicks, which admittedly wasn't very far in.

It was quite amusing.