So an Escapist walks into a bar and...

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
My uni has a studentpub, and the prices there are like half of those of normal pubs, so that is usually where I go. They don't have a very big selection though, so when it comes to beer and cider, I just whatever they happen to have at the moment (they have Somersby for cider on tap, and some beer I can't remember).

For harder liquor, I usually drink stuff like Fernet, Gold Strike or Absinth. I just love the terrible-tasting ones, or ones that burn like hell. No idea why, I just find vodka and jägermeister and the like somewhat boring.

Red Bomb

Nov 25, 2009
Where to begin!? Ok fave 5...

Crabbies alcoholic ginger ale.
Bombay Sapphire Gin & Cranberry
Mount Gay Dark Spiced Rum with ice
Red wine & coke (half and half)
Kopparberg with Elderflower & Lime

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
And the bar tender asks 'Hey buddy why the long face!
'I lost my faith in humanity again' says the escapist.
*Awkward scilence everywhere*

OT: I like cider is that in bars?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
...they say ow.

haha, I kid, I kid, but no I don't drink, I probably never will, Ill take a soda thanks.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
straight whiskey with a coke chaser(if any)
whiskey and coke
rum and coke
straight rum with a coke chaser
if i am going through a bad breakup straight vodka
and cider

Valid_username

Oct 17, 2011
New Castle Brown Ale, or Old Speckled Hen when it's available.

That being said, on a cold night it's sometime nice to warm yourself by the fire with a whiskey and ginger.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Water or Sweetened Iced Tea. I don't care for anything alcoholic. Which begs the question as to why I walked into this bar to begin with...not like me.

Zenichi

Nov 19, 2009
uhm.. everything =)

if im being picky then i'll go with guinness for "slower" night long island iced teas+white russians for faster nights and ze drink one bartender in my wow guild dubbed invictus.. (about 1/4th of a glass filled with vodka 1/4th absinthe 1/4th curacao liquor 1/4th apple liquor and just splash coke so the color changes to a toxic green) for when you've been drinking 3 days straight...

tho i haven't really been drinking at all for this year..

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Jack Daniels or jagerbombs. If I ever actually went to a bar that is. That requires money and I have better things I can spend it on.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
I drink most Ales, especially pale ones
Most cider, current favourite being strawberry and lime Rekkoderlig
Spirits I tend to go for either dark rum and coke, southern comfort and lemonade or gin and ginger beer
Usually tend to finish the evening of with a whiskey/scotch/bourbon on the rocks (either glenmorangie, bushmills or maker's mark.)

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I'm happy with most drinks, I don't like whiskey, rum or gin, though. I also tend to avoid Sambuca after a few.. mishaps under the influence of that drink. However, my favourite is a cocktail served in Wetherspoons called Purple Rain. It kinda tastes like really sweet Parma Violets.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I've never been to a bar, myself. I don't see drinking as a social activity, and the same alcohol is readily available elsewhere for far less.

I like Negrita rum and Underberg herb liquor. I also drink whisky, usually a different brand each time. I usually stick to Scottish whisky (especially after trying the American variety once), though I've just started on a bottle of Bushmill's, supposedly Ireland's oldest brand - and I must say it tastes absolutely great!

Jesus McChrist

Feb 18, 2010
As far as beer goes, I don't see me purchasing anything else now that Yuengling is available in Ohio. It's America's oldest brewery, and they make the best damn lager I've ever tasted.

My tastes for liquor are pretty simple, Ketel One or Jameson for shots, Jack and Coke with the occasional gin and tonic are were it's at for mixed drinks. Granted, I am also pretty fond of vanilla vodka and orange soda when the mood for something less harsh strikes.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
I drink most things really. The only thing i won't touch is cheap beer since it just makes nauseaous, i had a fun little evening when i was 17 where i drank 14 cans of cheap piss-beer and was in a very bad place the next morning.

If i can pick freely i go for drinks, nothing fancy just simple mixes. Gin+Tonic, Vodka+Rebull and Vodka+Cola are probably the ones i order most frequently. I round it up with a glass of Cider or Beer between them.