So an Escapist walks into a bar and...

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
ALE! Proper beer. Mass produced lagers can go die in a hole.

Spirit wise, dark rums and spiced rums with either coke or ginger ale.

*Lamb's Spiced with ginger ale is GODLY*

Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea with lemonade is real nice too.

Other drinks include port and mead. Don't drink normal wines though, they give me huge hangovers.

I do drink vodka but never straight or with a mixer. Only ever when its part of a cocktail.

1 oz vodka
1 1/2 oz Bailey's® Irish cream
1/2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

That makes a Screaming Orgasm. They're very very nice.

N.B. Why do people bother to post in drinking and cocktail recipe threads saying "Oh I don't / can't drink"? It just seems highly unconstructive to me.

Gamblerjoe

Oct 25, 2010
I like good beer, like Sierra Nevada or Sam Adams. Lately Iv started drinking a glass of red wine every day because its super good for you.

Gamblerjoe

Oct 25, 2010
ChaoticKraus said:
i had a fun little evening when i was 17 where i drank 14 cans of cheap piss-beer and was in a very bad place the next morning.
When I was 14 I drank a 40 of Bull Ice. It was a disaster.

Im surprised no one has answered Ginnin Tonix or Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
I don't drink, and plan to stay that way.
My favourite drinks are milk and Hot Chocolate, then Milo. After that, creaming Soda, lemonade, then any other soft drink.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Tia Maria, Lime and Lemonade also known as a Passionate Embrace. Is one of my fave drinks.
Bardolino Italian red wine and a this cocktail; 1 part Vodka, 1/2 part Kahlua, 1 1/2 parts Baileys® irish cream. It has a rude name :p

I have a sweet tooth but I barely ever drink unless I go out on a date or something.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
I've become accustomed to a glass or two of my wife's red wine at the end of the night. It's a sweet shiraz called, I kid you not, 'Jam Jar'. It's inexpensive and almost like drinking liquid Smucker's... but, d*mn, does it kick like a mule. a couple (abundantly full) glasses, and I can settle back in my Zero-G and drift to sleep.

But, normally, I'll just take a tall Rum&Zero, no ice. (2 jiggers Morgan's Spiced + full can of Coke Zero... essentially 3x normal Rum&Zero, in one glass)

If I'm out and want to nurse something for the evening, I'll get a Disaronno on the rocks to sip at. (Liquid marzipan... I mean, really, what could be better?)

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
I... Don't drink.

I like tea, though. Especially relatively unusual or harder to find teas, such as peppermint. ^_^

Axammar

Oct 23, 2011
Guiness!!!!!! And a good glenlivet. Me and the old man have started brewing our own mead too..Gotta luff that honey goodness.

Fitting that my first post on these forums should be about booze. Some stereotypes exist for a reason.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I'm more of a straight pint kind of man. Cocktails and spirits don't do much for me.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
I like beer and some rum and coke but my favorite has to be a mike's hard lemonade it tastes like a lemonade and you can't even taste the alcohol in it you'd guess it didn't have any in it if it wasn't for the very slight burn of alcohol you get of it going down your throat

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Blue Hero said:
I don't drink alcohol. I like milk. Milk is my favourite drink. Milk is good for your bones. This thread should be about milk.
okay. i like soya milk because lactose intolerance runs in my family.

OT: i am an underage person.
luckily, scottish law allows me to drink in the comfort of my own home from 5. i am a vodka fan.

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
Liquor: Bourbon
Wine: Red (Cab Sav, Malbec, Shiraz)
Beer: Sam Adams

Don't give me that "I don't like beer" line unless you've tried at least 30 different brands of beer, and nothing from the Bud\Coors\Miller companies count. If I had a dime for every time I've heard someone say they don't like beer when they've only tried nadie light or something like that I'd have over $5.00.

Saying you don't like beer is like saying you don't like how paintings look. There's such an immense variety to them you could never honestly say you don't like how they look because there's far too many types that you haven't seen yet that you could be enjoying.

Have you tried Porter? Stout? Pumpkin beer? Chocolate beer? IPA? Dubbel? Brown Ale? A single brewery could have a dozen different beers, each with unique flavors and character. So many people have simply sampled the crappy beer the country was forced to endure since prohibition ended and have no idea the rich variety that the microbreweries are coming out with. I have a beer in my fridge right now from Weyerbacher called "Insanity" which is aged in bourbon barrels. It's a beer that has a distinct bourbon flavor! Come now people, try different beers, you won't regret it!

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
Dark beer for my drink, and Third Reichs (Rumple Minze, Jagermeister, Goldschlager) for my shots. I do occasionally mix it up to try the different drinks my regulars have.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Don't particularly like alcohol, so I tend to just mix vodka with coke, or drink alcoholic ginger beer, even though normal ginger beer tastes better.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
All I know is most Escapists see their glasses half empty. So that should be taken into account by never filling the glass the drink is poured into. And if you want to go by the literal meaning of our name, the drink in question should knock you out of reality. And if it makes you hallucinate, even better.

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
Some good ale, Newcastle Brown always a preferable choice, and some nice Whiskey to top it off, often being Famous Grouse for it is at a good price without sacrificing too much quality.