So Anita Sarkeesian and the ME3 ending are drowning in a whirlpool...

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
SonOfVoorhees said:
I would save ME3. After all, as a man, it would be sexist of me to think that Anita (a woman) could not save herself without the help of a man.
Are we assuming the sealion is male? I suppose if it was female, it would be strong, independent and not need the input of a man such as myself for this situation.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
VanQ said:
SonOfVoorhees said:
I would save ME3. After all, as a man, it would be sexist of me to think that Anita (a woman) could not save herself without the help of a man.
Are we assuming the sealion is male? I suppose if it was female, it would be strong, independent and not need the input of a man such as myself for this situation.
If the sealion is male, then we can just go down the pub and let the situation sort itself out. :)

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I jump in and drown Anita, so that I can then makey out drowning myself and get one of those FAF Baywatch babes to save me.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Teoes said:
I jump in and drown Anita, so that I can then makey out drowning myself and get one of those FAF Baywatch babes to save me.
Aha, but you can't makey out with yourself, which leaves the ME3 ending or the sea lion.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Barbas said:
Teoes said:
Aha, but you can't makey out with yourself, which leaves the ME3 ending or the sea lion.
I think you'll find, sir, that I can.

I refuse your unnecessary binary choice!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Teoes said:
Mirrors were not mentioned, which leaves auto-fellatio as the only realistic option. Doing that on dry land is wacky enough, but in the whirlpool you risk destroying the principles upon which this thread was founded.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Objectable said:
Anita.
She's an actual fucking person. Anyone who cares about a video game over a human being is a goddamn sociopation.
I agree, but is "sociopation" a word?

I'd save Anita because, c'mon, human being in danger right there, fellas - but I also wouldn't use the opportunity to go "By the way, your discourse is mildly offensive and academically unsound", because that'd be a dick thing to do to someone who survived a near-drowning.

I'd also run away real fast, because sea lion with guns for waddle-thingies. Dats scary shit.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Save the ME3 ending. That ending happened and we all got over it. Anita keeps squawking on and making sure none of us can get on with things.

I liked being able to give my opinion on games without getting told to get out of the safe space.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
TopazFusion said:
Caiphus said:
Are you sure it's a whirlpool and not a shitstorm?
Why, I do believe the term you're looking for is "shitmaelstrom".
Don't be sexist, it could also be a shitfemaelstrom.

OMG it's womynstrom, you mansplaining shitlord!

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Colour Scientist said:
TopazFusion said:
Caiphus said:

Stop trying to censor me!

I'm going to contact your advertisers.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That's easy. Save Mass Effect 3 ending. I love Mass Effect but not the ending. As for Anita, I kind of think that she's a clueless moron without a rational bone in her body and no capacity for objective and analytical thinking. Either that or she's a sociopath. But I'd still respect her feminist values by letting her die like a strong woman instead of being saved by a man (and a gamer at that!) like some damsel in distress. What a cliche. A good death is its own reward. And I've already voiced my opinion that Anita might be a sociopath several times, which is the primary reason why I don't give a fuck about anything she says anymore. Some of the lies she told are a bit too much to attribute them to incompetence.

False Nobility

Jul 29, 2012
I was here for the original rush of "Would you save X or X from an oddly specific Whirlpool?" Years and years ago, I just finally decided to stop lurking again, and I find this.

Never Change Escapist, never change.

Also, I'd save the ending.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
Hazy992 said:
Colour Scientist said:
TopazFusion said:
Caiphus said:

Stop trying to censor me!

I'm going to contact your advertisers.
Just wait until my followers on Tumblr hear about this. I'm another victim of the manocentric maleocracy!

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Have the sealion save the ME3 ending. A: I like the ending(the original no less) better than Anita, and B: because the sealion would have to be male for me to give it input into the situation, and then it would be denying Anita's independence to save herself from the situation. ME3 ending is, however, an inanimate object, and thus is incapable of saving itself from the situation. The inverse statement is, however, not necessarily true.