So Anita Sarkeesian and the ME3 ending are drowning in a whirlpool...

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
LostGryphon said:
Fuck the whirlpool.
Marry the Sealion (for the inherent protection so many guns and cuteness provides).
Kill the ME3 ending.

Anita will float. Like a duck. So I'm unconcerned.

Am I doing this right?
That means she's a witch!

Fuck the whirlpool.
Marry the Sealion.
Kill the ME3 ending.
Burn the Witch.
Kill the Mutant.
Purge the Unclean.

Then go and take my brand new Sealion wiafu and go to the Middle East, at which point I will then kill my wife and sell her coat of guns for a lot of money, hire a disreputable dictator to use his soldiers to kill that one guy who claimed that little bit of land in Africa then claim it for my own and build an autoplant where I shall then begin constructing a spike drive for eventual space travel in the near future.

Land on new planet.
Immediately nuke the ocean until it stops being wet.
No more whirlpools.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
VanQ said:
Can I ask the sealion to save the whirlpool? Poor thing probably has no idea what it's getting itself into with that combination swirling into its depths.
This.

Failing that.

Fine one of this ring life preservers, hook the Sealion around the neck and pull it to safety. It gets points for having its heart in the right place but somethings aren't worth saving.

Abomination said:
Would Anita actually let people save her? I mean, she would be a literal damsel in distress.
good point, she is kinda of a 'professional victim', even if she has to make stuff up, more then anything else anymore isn't she.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Here! Here! The whirlpool is a Milicent Bystander and must be removed from the equation. We have every reason to believe that it was force into this predicament against its will and will thus be promptly placed in witness protection.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Well since I consider human life more important than personifications of controversies it?s pretty obvious who I would save, the mass effect 3 ending.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
JustAnotherAardvark said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
The Mass Effect series is probably better off without the ending.
Particularly the "fu ending" they put out. I've been a DM, I know a middle finger to the players when I put one in.
Citidel party ftw!
I mean, it was fine for me. I had a Renegade Sheppard and got the Bad/Destroy ending where the entire universe is purged of all sentient life.

Thematically this made sense. Dreadd Sheppard said she was going to bring peace to the galaxy at any cost.

The cost was high.

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
You know what's kind of funny. I just re read the op, and it turns out pretty much nobody has been answering the actual question. The question wasn't "who will you tell the GunLion to save?', it was "by what means can the GunLion make an ethical decision on who to save".

Also, didn't actually think of this the first time I posted in this thread, but is the ME3 personification sapient? Like, has it become an AI housed in one physical form it can't be uploaded from? Because that would add a neat wrinkle for the couple of people giving the serious answer of saving Sarkeesian, cuz she's an actual self aware being.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Moeez said:
This place really has become gamergate central.
What about all the people who said they'd save Anita instead? Nag, there is no GamerGate here. There isn't evern any anti-GamerGate here. At least in supremacy terms. Nah man, there's nothing but war here. War between both sides to determine who will be victorious, but neither side is near that by a long shot yet. Much hardship lies ahead.

And I fucking love it.

DireOwl

Feb 20, 2015
Anita. People over pixels any day.

tilmoph said:
You know what's kind of funny. I just re read the op, and it turns out pretty much nobody has been answering the actual question. The question wasn't "who will you tell the GunLion to save?', it was "by what means can the GunLion make an ethical decision on who to save".

Also, didn't actually think of this the first time I posted in this thread, but is the ME3 personification sapient? Like, has it become an AI housed in one physical form it can't be uploaded from? Because that would add a neat wrinkle for the couple of people giving the serious answer of saving Sarkeesian, cuz she's an actual self aware being.
If the ending was made sentient that would indeed be a tougher choice.

Anita does tend to lie. She takes her opinions which have no scientific basis and supports them as if they were fact. She is allowed to do this however and it's up to her viewers to decide if she is worth supporting. She also refuses to debate and will label and smear dissenting opinions.

The Mass Effect ending is a lie as well. Casey Hudson promised many things. "No space magic. Not just a few identical endings. All your choices matter." It was also painfully obvious it was rushed to milk the most amount of money out their loyal fans by EA. So, I'd assume this AI would personify these attributes.

I'd still have the sea lion save Anita. I don't agree with her. I don't like how her more zealous supporters treat people even trying to be neutral, but she is just a con artist that can be disproved if enough people listen. The AI though, it exists to spread spotty content lased with publisher talk and broken promises. It has to go.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
SaneAmongInsane said:
JustAnotherAardvark said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
The Mass Effect series is probably better off without the ending.
Particularly the "fu ending" they put out. I've been a DM, I know a middle finger to the players when I put one in.
Citidel party ftw!
I mean, it was fine for me. I had a Renegade Sheppard and got the Bad/Destroy ending where the entire universe is purged of all sentient life.

Thematically this made sense. Dreadd Sheppard said she was going to bring peace to the galaxy at any cost.

The cost was high.
That's not the bad destroy ending, the bad ending with destroy just kills all life on Earth, the original ending shows this by having the normandy crash and the door opening and still having the stargazer scene afterwards. The post-extended cut ending shows specifically that it is just earth that is annihilated, it never explains why exactly a low EMS destroys the Earth but not anything else, but the ending, even post-EC, was kind of sparse.

Also just to be pedantic, even if the low EMS destroy ending wiped out all life (the vaporization ending didn't seem to discriminate between sentient and non-sentient when it destroyed earth), that would still only be all life in the galaxy, not the universe. The Mass effect relays were only in the Milky Way, all the other galaxies in the universe were untouched.

Falling_v1legacy

No one of consequence
Nov 3, 2009
Nice (likely accidental) experiment.
You really can make a nonsensical thread, put Anita's name in the title, and it will become one of the top four popular threads on Escapist.

...I guess I am also contributing this phenomenon.

dang it.

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
Falling said:
You really can make a nonsensical thread, put Anita's name in the title, and it will become one of the top four popular threads on Escapist.

...I guess I am also contributing this phenomenon.

dang it.
Hah! Good thing I'm not!

SHIT!

Save Sarkeesian's earrings for they are the source of her powers.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Falling said:
Ayup. Incidentally, that's why clickbait works and why everything went to shit.

Will Sarkeesian bring real change and improvements to games as a whole?
Will Mass Effect 3's ending make us forever question the meaning of stories and their relative value as art/products?

To both, the answer is "Briefly, but no". Sarkeesian isn't some feminist prophet come to show us lowly Patriarchy-plebs "The Way", and ME3's ending was little more than the result of an initially ambitious story-setting being curtailed by the ambitions for more money.

We feed these worthless things our attention, and they proliferate in response; because we're seemingly addicted to the opiate of controversy; To experience outrage is to FEEL something...Which speaks volumes about us and how easily bored/swayed we are by even the faintest chance to knee-jerk at someone/something.

The only reason these subjects keep coming up is because we're far more hungry for them than we are anything about actual gaming.

HeadlessEight

Feb 21, 2015
This isn't /v/, you f-fine gentlemen who I enjoy the company of, stop sh-shamefully posting inane responses and threads!

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
I criticize Arthur Chu for dressing like a sealion and putting on an elaborate ruse/mating ritual. I'd then throw rocks at the sarkesian inflatable doll til it popped and let the void take it and the mass effect ending both. What the hell, I'd push Chu and let it take him too, I'm feeling generous.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
BathorysGraveland2 said:
Moeez said:
This place really has become gamergate central.
What about all the people who said they'd save Anita instead? Nag, there is no GamerGate here. There isn't evern any anti-GamerGate here. At least in supremacy terms. Nah man, there's nothing but war here. War between both sides to determine who will be victorious, but neither side is near that by a long shot yet. Much hardship lies ahead.

And I fucking love it.
You're being willfully ignorant that things haven't changed in the level of discussion here since gamergate and what went down with those skewed gamergate interviews. If this isn't related to gamergate at all, where are the threads about Peter Molyneux or other heavily critised gaming figures being set to a deadly scenario?

Anita Sarkeesian, to repeat, is not even a videogame journalist or developer. She's a cultural critic. You're being willfully ignorant if this isn't related with gamergate and how such a thread has been allowed to continue rather than being locked.