So Anita Sarkeesian and the ME3 ending are drowning in a whirlpool...

faeshadow

Feb 4, 2008
C.TYR said:
What the fuck is this hatred towards another human being simply because of her disagreeing with things? This scenario is incredibly bitter to say that you'd prefer a game over another person, just because that person has had conflicting morals. She hasn't killed anyone or done anything exactly damaging in the long-term. To silence her it'd just be another form of censorship.

For pete's sake, some things either side of this discussion says is all bullshit and some things that either side say are good points. Neither side is inherently wrong, we as people to all calm down and try and talk this out rather than being two sides of goddamn partisanship.

Also, tell that sea lion to bring us some ice cream to help us all chill.
Did you even bother to read the person's post as to why they posted this? He was making a joke about big gaming controversies.

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
DazBurger said:
LostGryphon said:
Anita will float. Like a duck.
Why? Is she made of wood or something?
Her earrings, of course. They work like floaties for her brainpan. Also, apparently give her some manner of superpower.

Dragonbums said:
And when all that is said and done get the holy trinity of bad games known as Alien: Colonial Marines, Duke Nukem Forever, and Red Dead Redemption to forever seal the whirlpool and keep out all those foolish enough to reopen it.
Huh, I'd have put down Alien:CM, Ride to Hell: Retribution (apparently they're actually going through with their squeal plan!), and Final Fantasy XIII. On the other hand, we could seal the whirlpool, then put Civs IV and V over the lock to distract anyone who would risk unsealing the prison.

"Hey, wanna unearth what's buried in this watery tomb?"
"Sure, just one more turn".

Safe forever.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hazy992 said:
So you're walking along the beach to pick up your morning newspaper from the shop, when from the corner of your eye you see that Anita Sarkeesian and the Mass Effect 3 ending are drowning! In a whirlpool no less! Before you have a chance to do anything, a sealion who supports the death penalty and is made out of guns waddles in to save the day, but he can only save one.

What I want to know is how can he make sure his decision is objective whilst still maintaining ethical game journalism? Does being a Brony effect this in any way?

Perhaps too serious an answer but I'd simply save Anita since she's a human being, and as much as I loathe and disagree with what she has to say, I don't want her dead. The ME3 ending is just pure crap and the world improves without it. Besides, the last thing we need is for Anita to become a martyr. :)

Logically I'd say that I'm a strong enough swimmer where I could probably save the ending while the Sea Lion (much better suited for it than me without gear) depending on how far into the pull it was, since presumably it's just a flash drive bobbing along or something, but to be honest I wouldn't risk my life or even cross the street to save the ME3 ending.

I'm pro-gun, pro-death penalty, and all kinds of other things loathed here, but at the end of the day it takes a lot more than anything Anita has done to make me want someone dead.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Wait how can a video game ending drown? (Sigh) Alright. I would save the Mass Effect 3 game. Seeing as I can see them by the beach, I'm guessing that the whirlpool isn't that far off shore I'm guessing it's shallow. She can save herself the ME 3 game can't.

Besides, [Insert damsel in distress joke here for max lulz.]

Jenvas1306

May 1, 2012
Given that I am a PC-gamer I can simply pray to Gaben and have him send his loyal dragon/unicorn chimera with its power that stems from its heart being the only copy of HalfLife3. It will save them both and breath its holy light into them to make them both what they always should have been. That is if they ever leave the early-access stage...

On a side note, for all those who'd let Anita drown on the basis of not making her a damsel in distress:
She is a person not only created to be in that situation, so she isn't what she calls "a damsel in distress" (as its own term, not just the words meaning).
Given that she probably doesn't get into such situations frequently, its also not a trope.

Conran

Feb 24, 2015
Save the Sea Lion. The combination of Sarkeesian and Mass Effect ending intertwining is likely to create a singularity of incoherent agony as the world becomes a rabid SJW experience with life only existing in frozen pictures with Sarkeesian offering commentary over it.

Following this your only chance to continue existence is by accepting the pop up saying buy more DLC to expand your world only to find said DLC was a lecture on how cheese quiche are leaders of the patriarchy and how women like Margaret Thatcher, Hilary Clinton and Angela Merkel are actually bad for feminism and that anything without a penis is oppressed.

By saving the sea lion you can hopefully ride it to safety while into the dark corners of the universe assuming a sea lion made of guns has magic powers. Failing that, if you tickle its belly you can perhaps make it explode in a fiery death saving you from an existence comparable to groundhog day on tumblr.

Nico4

Dec 24, 2008
Well this topic can only go downward from here.

I'd save Anita, because she's a real person and doesn't deserve any death threats, or death in general, what so ever. ME3 ending isn't a real person and it was generally a load of rubbish

Soulrender95

May 13, 2011
I choose the impossible... I choose to call Aquaman and together we will wage war on humanity for polluting earths oceans!

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
If I understand this situation correctly, despite my pleadings, the sea lion saves neither. Instead, it stands there lecturing me on how gamers are still bullied and criticized by the outside world, that men, white men in particular, are actually the group that is oppressed, because society is allowed to paint them as bad guys. Women are exaggerating their problems, and that feminists are trying to start a culture war to take away games. Then, as Anita and Mass Effect sink below the waves, it invites me to watch several twenty minute-an hour and half long youtube videos of bad graphics and men rambling at a camera.

Then a new video is posted that "exposes" Anita and I make my escape while the sea lion is distracted.